PDA

View Full Version : YOUTEK IG Radical MP vs YOUTEK Radical Midplus

TennisTulku
02-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Anyone had a chance to compare these two racquets? I read on the boards that the YOUTEK IG Radical Pro is less stiff feeling than the YOUTEK Radical Pro. Is this true of the IG Radical MP as well? Do you think the new version is better or worse than the previous version?

Also - this was the deal killer for me on the YOUTEK Radical MP - I hated the handle. Have they done anything different with the pallets / handle on the YOUTEK IG Radical MP?

Thanks!

in_ten_city
02-22-2012, 08:17 PM
I played with the youtek rad mp for over a year and just recently playtested the IG version. I can tell you that they're not all that different. The IG version felt a little more tinny to me, as opposed to the YT's more solid feel. I thought the IG felt a lot like the MG version but with just a slightly stiffer feel. In actual play, I couldn't really find a difference. They were both very control oriented, with descent power. They have the basically the same exact mold, string spacing and weight/balance. The handle is also the same rectangular shape as all the Radicals. As a side point, I still way prefer the paintjob of the YT over all the other radicals.

parasailing
02-23-2012, 11:12 AM
You will probably have to demo one for yourself just to be sure. I have both a Microgel and Youtek Radical MP and prefer the Youtek one until I tried out the IG version.

I find the IG to be a bit more solid than the Youtek version and overall, IG tends to make the entire line of Head Youtek racquets more solid. I have tested the Speed, Prestige, and Radical line and found this to be the case.