PDA

View Full Version : Head Youtek Speed Elite or IG Elite version?

jhoerene
02-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Hi I'm planning to buy this racquet. Is There really a big difference in performance and quality of this 2 racquets? The Regular Elite is price around $120 and the new IG Elite version around $189. I don't want to spend $200 bucks for only a small fraction of difference in performance. Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks.

bertrevert
02-22-2012, 07:29 PM
No great big difference.

In fact I think I preferred the old one.

Power wise they measure up pretty similarly (except at the tip):
http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/cgi-bin/storepower2.cgi?racquetA=HSE|100|Head|YOUTEK:IG:Sp eed:Elite|RCHEAD|x&racquetB=HYTSE|100|Head|YOUTEK:Speed:Elite|RCHEAD| x&racquetC=none&racquetD=none

Just great fun super-lights. Perhaps a bit too light (but that's a different topic). I think there is a little less vibration in the IG model but really I tihnk save yr money and go for the white earlier model. It's a great light and accurate model with a bit of tweener power.

user92626
02-22-2012, 08:46 PM
bert,

Do you play your elite in stock form/weight?

I weighed mine up to 326grams strung, 7 points HL, and they have nothing for me to complain!

bertrevert
02-22-2012, 10:04 PM
I wrapped a leather grip around her, and of course tourna. Gave it more heft and better solidity... but...

Don't know if I'll stick with stick...

Gee I'm changing (buying/selling) racquets like...

Need to find that good solid thunk because I think the Elite is just a bit too light and hence disconnected. If I cannot get that feel of striking the ball centrally and solidly then I cannot find my strokes in a rally. Also got occasional fliers off the stringbed that zoom away into the back fence. Ugh.

Forever I have been looking for a racquet with a bit more pop than an LM Radical while retaining same control...