PDA

View Full Version : A Logical Transition from the K Blade Tour...

frunk
02-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Help me find a racquet that would feel similar to a K Blade Tour (in terms of maneuverability, weight, power, control, etc.). I'm looking to transition, because i broke two of my four Blades, and they're getting harder and harder to find. K Blade 98? The BLX's are trash, I've already tried them.

Arthuro
02-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Help me find a racquet that would feel similar to a K Blade Tour (in terms of maneuverability, weight, power, control, etc.). I'm looking to transition, because i broke two of my four Blades, and they're getting harder and harder to find. K Blade 98? The BLX's are trash, I've already tried them.

Hey Frunk,

What grip size do you use?

JGads
02-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Pro Kennex Black Ace 93. Definitely an improved Blade Tour.

UCSF2012
02-22-2012, 09:34 PM

So why's the BLX Blade Tour trash? Wilson gave me one, and I like it okay. Never tried the K Blade Tour, so I can't compare.

frunk
02-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey Frunk,

What grip size do you use?

3/8 or 1/2

Pro Kennex Black Ace 93. Definitely an improved Blade Tour.

I'll look into it. I liked the Redondo 98 but that was a bit big for my taste.

nyc
02-25-2012, 03:52 PM
I transitioned to Donnay Plat 94 very seamlessly - they are very similar racquets.

just wish the sweetspot was a little bigger as I get older, and that goes for both the KBlade and the Donnay!

You can also check http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/cgi-bin/racquetmatch.cgi

Fuji
02-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Have you checked out the new Prestige IG Mids? Seem to be some pretty solid reviews on them!

-Fuji

frunk
02-25-2012, 11:36 PM
I hate all the prestige mids, including the IG

AndrewID
02-26-2012, 09:20 AM
i moved to Dunlops 200 - tryed normal and tour. Very nice, tour is little overweight for me, but normal with the same as KBTour 18x20 string pattern just brilliant

tarkowski
02-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I hate all the prestige mids, including the IG

Hey frunk,

I think the KBlade 93 is pretty unique and it will be tough to replace. Out of all makes and models that are NOT the KBlade Tour, the ones I find closest are:

- Like JGads recommended, the Pro Kennex Black Ace 93; softer feel, but similar power/control and very precise and very nice;
- Some generation of the Prestige MP; a little larger, perhaps a little more flexible, different grip shape

The new BLX Blade Tour is a bit of a different beast. I liked the heft, but the response is too dead and regardless of what string I used (including gut) I felt it to be too firm/jarring.

The Prestige Mid is both smaller and a bit more flexible and as a result, I feel the Prestige MP is closer.

Sounds like you may have tried quite a few, so I'd be interested to see if you tried those above and what your thoughts are.

Good luck!

El Diablo
02-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Love the use of the word "transition." Is this different from switching or changing racquets? Do you use the old racquet ten percent less each week to avoid withdrawl symptoms?