PDA

View Full Version : Coming from Barricade V....

Funbun
02-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Although I don't feel it on the court yet, I'm growing concerned about the already worn-out forefoot outsole on my BV, and there's quite a large patch of white, and a small tear on both feet. I'm not sure how long they'll last, but I hope they won't fall apart when tennis season starts. Thankfully, the B5s still play very normally.

So, I'm considering either the Courtballistics 3.3 or the Barricade 7.0. I'm appalled by the ridiculous pricing of the B7, but I've heard that it's quite similar to the B5. However, the Courtballistics 3.3 look like a good option, with a smaller forefoot area but much more forefoot durability. However, I'm concerned that it may be too different from the B5, and I haven't tried on any Nike shoes yet. (Call me a loyal brand freak.)

Has anybody tried these shoes? I'm terribly worried that my B5s are gonna rip at the forefoot, and I've gotten very used to its feel. If it's worth saving 30 bucks for a Nike shoe, then I'd totally get the CB 3.3 then. Any input on my dilemma?

TennisKid1
02-22-2012, 08:59 PM
I've heard a good number of people who use to use the B4 say that the Bigshot by kswiss is a good alternative but the tracking isn't quite nearly the same because it is more lenient to sliding...

Fuzzy
02-23-2012, 05:25 AM
I moved from the V to the Nike breathe 2k11 and have been happy.

NJ1
02-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Having tried both, I would say the B7 is definitely worth the extra $25 over the 3.3.

Much better breathability and flexibility, faster break in and just as durable.

PhotoBlue
02-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Barricade 6 is on sale... Just a thought

tball
02-23-2012, 06:54 PM
I have used Barricade 5 before, and have Barricade 7 now. To be frank, I thought B5 were awful. B7 are much better for me -- lighter, softer, better looking.

TheRed
02-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Although I don't feel it on the court yet, I'm growing concerned about the already worn-out forefoot outsole on my BV, and there's quite a large patch of white, and a small tear on both feet. I'm not sure how long they'll last, but I hope they won't fall apart when tennis season starts. Thankfully, the B5s still play very normally.

So, I'm considering either the Courtballistics 3.3 or the Barricade 7.0. I'm appalled by the ridiculous pricing of the B7, but I've heard that it's quite similar to the B5. However, the Courtballistics 3.3 look like a good option, with a smaller forefoot area but much more forefoot durability. However, I'm concerned that it may be too different from the B5, and I haven't tried on any Nike shoes yet. (Call me a loyal brand freak.)

Has anybody tried these shoes? I'm terribly worried that my B5s are gonna rip at the forefoot, and I've gotten very used to its feel. If it's worth saving 30 bucks for a Nike shoe, then I'd totally get the CB 3.3 then. Any input on my dilemma?

I tried the 3.3. If the B5 fits you, do NOT get the 3.3. I thought the B6's didn't fit as well b/c they were more narrow but 3.3's take narrowness to a new level and they are incredibly stiff so your feet will hurt for a very long time. Get the B7's or better yet, get the asics resolution. I just got the resolution 3 and they feel so much better than the Nikes or barricades. Better cushioning, no break in period and better fit. Granted, the b5's were my previous greatest shoe ever so it's not like the asics are way better. Nothing matches the B5's in support but asics cushioning system is the best in the industry.

spectrablue
02-25-2012, 05:10 PM
The performance on the B7 are fantastic. Very easy to break in, stability is top notch and cushioning is about perfect. The B7 also feel lighter and faster to get around the court. You have to try them on and then decide if you can take the plunge. The extra money spent will be well worth it.

Funbun
02-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Alright, I'm gonna consider the B7's when my B5's wreck completely.

Has anybody had any tongue slipping problems with the B7's? I've gotten used to the B5 tongue slip, but I'd like it gone in the B7s.

What kinda ticks me off about the B5 is that the heel is sooo well supported, and I just don't wear it out at all compared to the forefoot. Is this the case with the B7? Or is there a bit more support? Additionally, how is the weight of the B7? I didn't mind the heaviness of the B5 at all.

It's gonna be a dark day when I spend 100+ bucks on a pair of shoes.

aerivus
02-25-2012, 05:31 PM
I have B5 that is in an almost same condition as yours. Its cosmetically pretty bad, but pretty well preserved in back of the foot part and have some tears on forefoot regions. It's just how tennis shoes work, since the game requires more of tip-toe running kind of movement much more than relaxed running motion.

I myself got 3 different replacement shoes and one of them is Barricade VI. First of all, its not (excuse my language) balls breaking expensive as it is of the past season (got em for like $60). Better fit for my feet (BV fit me kind of wide). I feel like it's lighter, the same in traction and support, and cosmetically superior. Barricade VII looks awesome as well, but just too expensive for me. Why don't you consider some Barricade VI?

As far as I know, BVII is ligher than V. I think V was one of the heaviest in Barricade line.

spectrablue
02-26-2012, 03:30 PM
The good thing about the B7 is that they solved the issue of tongue slipping. They designed it so that tongue slip is the thing of the past. This feature is greatly appreciated.

Have to agree with aerivus that playing tennis requires us to use a lot of our forefoot. Therefore we wear the front of the shoe more quickly.

You can try the B6 since they are on sale now. For me, I skipped the B6 because they were so painful to break in. The durable upper did not soften up.

The weight of the B7 is much lighter than the B5. You will be more delighted with the weight loss. You will get to more balls with less effort and without sacrificing stability.

Funbun
02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
I will try the B6 when I get to, but I've heard that the B6 fits narrower than the B5. As far as I know, I just barely fit into the B5's, so it's kinda snug and comfortable. I don't think I can go narrower.

I'll look to the B7's, I guess. Probably as request as a birthday present. I don't need any Apple technology anyway.

spillai
02-28-2012, 02:41 PM
I recently switched from the Barricade V to the new VII. The 7s feel very comfortable, maybe a little tighter in the forefront. They are great shoes. Recommend them

Funbun
02-28-2012, 09:18 PM
I recently switched from the Barricade V to the new VII. The 7s feel very comfortable, maybe a little tighter in the forefront. They are great shoes. Recommend them

I agree. I tried them on today and they felt the same as my old V's, while being less clunky and heavy. I really dig the claw design, too.