PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Pro Staff Tour 90 St Vincent Process Asian version

syke
02-23-2012, 02:46 AM
I was browsing around my friendly tennis store and I chanced upon a Wilson Pro Staff Tour 90 St Vincent Process Asian version on the used racquet rack. I am not a Wilson sort of guy, but it was going for 60 bucks and it's well within budget, just for kicks.

I doubt it's from St Vincent, most likely manufactured in Taiwan or China. Does anyone know the history of this racquet and how it plays compared to new 12 PS BLX6.1 90. Is worth the experiment.

The PJ looks exactly like the one pictured here but I am not sure if it is the same one.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/WT90/WT90Review.html

UCSF2012
02-23-2012, 12:12 PM
This is the 1st version of the Tour 90, from about the year 2000. For its age, 50-60 bucks is all it's worth. Def not St. Vincent. Not sure whether there are Asian versions at all to this. Sometimes, sellers try to sell counterfeit rackets as "Asian."

The PS 90 BLX is the 5th version. How they compare? I don't even remember how the old versions hit.

roundiesee
02-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Yes, this was the Asian version of the Tour 90 when it first came out. The Tour 90 was supposed to be Pete's racket (paintjob; not sure if Pete might have used the actual retail racket), but he announced his retirement before he had a chance to use it in tournament play. Pete was however photographed practising with a Tour 90 paintjob (again, not sure if he actually used the retail version). The Tour 90 of course eventually was marketed as Federer's racket, and he used a paintjob of it to win his first Wimbledon.
The St Vincent's Process version was the same Tour 90 except that it was lighter (I think 315g unstrung if I remember correctly), supposedly designed for the Asian market.
Wilson experts, please correct me if the info is wrong.