PDA

View Full Version : pdr gt 2012 vs pdr gt 2010

CesarMorales92
02-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Demoed the 2012 and wow its my favorite stick of all time.
A ton of spin,power,stability,and feel. Liked it more than my pure storm tour gt.
But one issue that its stiff as a mofo. Is the older one less stiff or the same

What is the difference between the old version and the new??...besides the price :)

DarkXBlazer
02-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Heyy. How does it compare to your PSTGT? I actually use both the PSTGT and the old Pure Drive, in both the blue and FO cosmetic.. Could you write some on how different it is?

I was really looking to buy the PDR 2012, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money, since I already have the old Pure Drive and PSTGT.. I'm looking at the PDR 2012, because I'm looking for a bit heavier than the PD, and I think the PSTGT(my main racket) is just slightly on the heavy side.. So, I thought the PDR 2012 would be the answer. Plus I heard it's a lot softer than the old Pure Drive..

Thanks~

CesarMorales92
02-23-2012, 01:05 PM
.Theres a big difference to be honest
PSTG
- awesome feel. I can hit hard shots without going out and really forgiving . Serving ... Lacked in power but has good placement. Volleys are a joy with it nice solid flex feel. And it flexes a lot so its really forgiving .

PDRGT 2012 (leaded long strip on the 12 near even balance )-
One word wow. Flat shot or spin ... Tons of power.I hit heavy curvy topsin(hit with a straight forhand stroke like rafa but not hard hitting like him obvi) the racket.produces a heavy ball and has such a awesome feel to it. It's not pingy. Serves were big and kickserves are a breeze.
Voleys are so easy since you have a lot of room but I still hit in the center.
Drop shots have ton of spin..... idk I just love it but its stiff but in a good way.

Anybody know if the pure drive roddick gt 2010 is softer and flexible compare to the 2012 ????? Thanx appreciate it

CesarMorales92
02-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Because I perfer a little flex and if it is than I will get the candy blue instead of the awesome black

purple-n-gold
02-23-2012, 01:47 PM
go to the dark side...

2012 feels alot better to me

CesarMorales92
02-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Yea the black is nice but doesn't it feel stiffer tho ?? I play super good with it .... Damn good but if the previous model is a bit softer Amd flexes a little more than I would but I haven't tried out the previous model and i dont want to waste money on demos

CesarMorales92
02-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Anybody play with the pure drive roddick gt 2010 compared to the new 2012

Dennison
02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Old one feels much stiffer with a bit more power
New one feels better overall and swings faster