PDA

View Full Version : Question for Chris

Blitzball
02-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi Chris, I've been keeping up with video reviews of the wide assortment of new racquets that have been released lately. I'm particularly interested in the Head IG Prestige MP, which is your racquet of choice now, the Juice Pro, and the Six.One 95 16x18. I'm a 4.5 college player and I have tried the IG Prestige PRO, not the Midplus yet, and I thought it was solid other than being a tad too heavy for my liking and perhaps underpowered. I also demo'd the Juice Pro and thought it was slightly overpowered but had more suitable specs (smaller headsize for my one-handed backhand and 16x20 pattern). I have yet to demo the Six.one. Could you give me your thoughts on why the Head MP is better for your game because I have a similar playstyle to you. Also, could you order these from your favorite to least favorite? Thanks, I appreciate it!

TW Staff
02-23-2012, 03:43 PM
I love the control and feel I get from the Prestige MP. For me, the Pro version offers more power on a full swing due to its added mass. The MP is easier to swing fast and I get a lot of spin out of it -- probably for that reason.

I liked the Juice Pro the more I played with it. The length and decent swingweight provided ample pop and I thought it was very spin-friendly. A big serve followed by a big forehand is a fun combo with that racquet.

The Six-One 95 16x18 is my least favorite. I find depth a tad erratic and have to either string it up or use a low-powered poly. I prefer the tighter string pattern (18x20) out of the two.

Hope that helps,
Chris, TW

Blitzball
02-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Thank you Chris!