PDA

View Full Version : Crosses Moving

Aggressive_tennis
02-23-2012, 02:26 PM
I am a new stringer,3 weeks, and I have been doing poly/syngut hybrid and upping the crosses tension by 3 pounds and they have been straight when coming of the stringer but as playing the crosses slide up and down out of place and mains stay straight. can anyone tell me why this is happening and how i stop it.

mikeler
02-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Don't hit tennis balls with the strings and they won't move.

ATP100
02-23-2012, 08:16 PM
It is the way you are swinging the racquet. (at contact)

scotus
02-23-2012, 08:54 PM
I am a new stringer,3 weeks, and I have been doing poly/syngut hybrid and upping the crosses tension by 3 pounds and they have been straight when coming of the stringer but as playing the crosses slide up and down out of place and mains stay straight. can anyone tell me why this is happening and how i stop it.

That's because polys have a tendency to snap back into place, whereas nylon synthetic gut does not. It's the nature of the beast.

If you want a non-poly that does not need to be straightened out much, try Babolat n.vy, Prince Recoil, or any high quality natural gut with slick coating.

Aggressive_tennis
02-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the replies and this has also happened with my tour bite/barb wire hybrid. Also i can see how i swing it would make them move especially on my aggressive slice backhand, dolgopolov style, but how come this never happened with my old stringers string job

i3602u
02-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Do you have any misweaves? If so this can cause your strings to move

scotus
02-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the replies and this has also happened with my tour bite/barb wire hybrid. Also i can see how i swing it would make them move especially on my aggressive slice backhand, dolgopolov style, but how come this never happened with my old stringers string job

Maybe your old stringer has a machine that gives you a tighter string bed at the same reference tension.

It could be better clamps, tension overshooting, prestretching, constant pull vs lockout, etc.

If you can go back to your old stringer, by all means, do so.

fortun8son
02-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Do you have any misweaves? If so this can cause your strings to move

^^^ common for novice stringers.