PDA

View Full Version : Pacific No-Tolerance

kabrac
02-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Do all the Pacific racquets have the no-tolerance guarantee or is it just the x force and x force pro and feel racquets.

I looked at some of the racquets and not all of them were described as having the no-tolerance guarantee?

Also, does no-tolerance mean weight and balance or the whole shabam (weight, swingweight, balance, stiffness, length)?

One more question: Can you add lead in the handle of Pacific racquets if you want to tinker with balance?

Thank You TW,

Kyle

li0scc0
02-24-2012, 09:41 AM
No tolerance officially means just the weight. HOWEVER, I have had NUMEROUS Fischer/Pacific racquets, and all were spot on with respect to length, balance, and weight.
With respect to adding weight to the handle, yes. They are very easy...take off the grip, and then take off the pallets, which are easy to remove with the screws (best system around, by far). Then you have access to the handle, which has been hollow for every Fischer/Pacific racquet I owned.

kabrac
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
So you have to take the whole pallet off to add lead? Why can't you just pop off the buttcap?

Also, I like a Prince grip shape, could you compare the Pacific grip shape to any other brand or is it distinctive like a volkl or yonnex?

Can you change out pallets with Pacific racquets to a more rounded grip shape like Prince?

li0scc0
02-24-2012, 11:13 AM
So you have to take the whole pallet off to add lead? Why can't you just pop off the buttcap?

Also, I like a Prince grip shape, could you compare the Pacific grip shape to any other brand or is it distinctive like a volkl or yonnex?

Can you change out pallets with Pacific racquets to a more rounded grip shape like Prince?

There is no real buttcap...the buttcap is integrated into the pallets. A beautiful system, FAR more solid than most.

Pacific is in between Head and Prince. The old Fischer was like Prince (squared) but now it is somewhat closer to Head than Prince, but definitely not as rectangular as Head.

kabrac
02-24-2012, 02:29 PM
That might be a deal-breaker then. To me, Wilson grips feel between a Head and Prince, but lately, maybe the last 5yrs., Wilson as gone a tad more Headish with their recent grip shapes.

So, can you switch pallets with th Pacific, like you can with Head, to give you an alternative shape?

li0scc0
02-24-2012, 06:27 PM
That might be a deal-breaker then. To me, Wilson grips feel between a Head and Prince, but lately, maybe the last 5yrs., Wilson as gone a tad more Headish with their recent grip shapes.

So, can you switch pallets with th Pacific, like you can with Head, to give you an alternative shape?

No they all have the same shape. It IS possible to find an old pallet to get the square Prince shape, but you need to know what you are doing to get them to fit just right. It is possible, i have done it.

I hear you on grip shape though. I love the Prestige Pro, but the grip shape is a deal breaker. i have modified with athletic tape on the bevels to get the feel OK, but it is not quite right. I know the TK82S pallets would remedy this.

kabrac
02-26-2012, 01:55 PM
TW,

Please when you get a chance to comment on the No-Tolerance by Pacific.

Does every racquet made by Pacific come with the No-Tolerance guarantee?

TW Staff
02-26-2012, 07:19 PM
No, not every Pacific racquet is a Zero-Tolerance racquet. Only the ones that specify it.

Spencer, TW.