PDA

View Full Version : Strange/annoying how rackets look so similar...

morten
02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
I mean, now the last few years all brand have some ugly red/white/black combos. Ok maybe it works, but why on earth are the different brands so unoriginal that they copy the other brands colours.. I miss the predominant black, dark blue, dark green etc....It is not that i don`t like bright colours, i like the old Rebels design, and exo original mids also. I just miss really good, original designs, not that i think i would like them all of course. Anyone else ?

6-2/6-4/6-0
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Why do most tennis racket look like they were styled by the same person that does the graphics for Winnabego? That is the bigger question to me.

Color trends are cyclical. Give it a bit, lime green will be big in a year or two...

Steve Huff
02-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Maybe it would be better if rackets were like the older motocross bikes. Hondas were red, Kawasakis were green, etc. Like someone said, it's just a trend. Marketing companies do research and manufacturers buy the data, which tells them which colors are the "in" thing. Same with shoes, clothes, even cars.

Say Chi Sin Lo
02-24-2012, 03:16 PM
What I don't understand is why do manufacturers/designers continue the trend of multi-colored frames. Most of the time the colors don't complement each other and it's just a messy looking racquet.

PC600/PS85/POG all had one dominant color, and they're beautiful to look at.

The only multi-colored frame that looked good was the Prince Precision Response Ti., I enjoyed that silver-fade-to-red theme.

I use the blx90. It's a fine racquet but from afar, it looks like a lollipop.

Bartelby
02-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Yonex and Head make beautiful racquets, whereas Wilsons are in your face - or presumably they work for a young American demographic.

anirut
02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
"Be loud and be heard" is the big reason why rackets look ugly.