PDA

View Full Version : Redondo Pallet...where do you buy them?

eldub20
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Just wondering where I can buy a 5/8" pallet for a Redondo? I sent an e-mail to someone selling a 41/2" grip and will probably buy it if available.

Thanks!

ChicagoJack
02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
As far as I know Head, Volkl, Boris Becker and Donnay are the only palettes that are commercially available. I've attached a link to a thread that discusses how to put Head palettes on PKs with a little sandpaper modification. The last link is a recent thread of mine discussing palette availability options.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=413050
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=413639

Agent Orynge
02-24-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't think anyone has had any luck contacting PK, myself included. They don't respond to the email they have linked on their site.

eldub20
02-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks CJ & AO...I'll probably look for Head pallets then if I buy the used Redondo.

Agent Orynge
02-24-2012, 06:35 PM
You might want to try Gamma. Their pallets seem very similar on the 340X, though I can't confirm that 100%. Gamma actually has pretty good customer service, too.

eldub20
02-24-2012, 06:57 PM
You might want to try Gamma. Their pallets seem very similar on the 340X, though I can't confirm that 100%. Gamma actually has pretty good customer service, too.

Thanks for the info. AO, I heard of Gamma's excellent customer service but didn't know they were using pallets.

Agent Orynge
02-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the info. AO, I heard of Gamma's excellent customer service but didn't know they were using pallets.

Interestingly enough, neither did they until I told them. I think there was a disconnect between the factory and HQ.

snoflewis
02-24-2012, 08:41 PM
I've bought pallets for PK rackets directly through the distributor a year or so ago.
I first emailed the email address on the PK site, and they responded saying they'd connect me to someoen who could help, but after that there was no response, so I emailed again and they came through. There was a supplier here in san diego, so he was able to send me a couple sets. They came out to $5 shipped per set + buttcap. Pretty damn good price compared to the nonsense Head charges. This info should help you out:

Kevin Gilbert
ProKennex Global
kgil30@yahoo.com

They're located in Encinitas, CA. Good luck!

Racquet Daddy
02-24-2012, 08:54 PM
^^ I sent an email through PK's site about a pallet last week. Kevin was very quick to respond. $13.50 shipped for one out to me in TX. Coincidentally, eldub, I'm taking off a 5/8 pallet. If you don't have any luck, I'll mail you mine.

scotus
02-24-2012, 09:03 PM
The same Mr. Gilbert never responded to my emails when I contacted him ... i don't know ... a year or two ago.

The pallet prices are going up fast, aren't they?

ProPlayer
02-25-2012, 01:22 AM
dont know if this has been asked yet, but will they fit on head handles?

eldub20
02-25-2012, 06:17 AM
^^ I sent an email through PK's site about a pallet last week. Kevin was very quick to respond. $13.50 shipped for one out to me in TX. Coincidentally, eldub, I'm taking off a 5/8 pallet. If you don't have any luck, I'll mail you mine.

That'd be great if I end up needing it! :) Still no reply from the seller to date.:(

eldub20
02-25-2012, 05:39 PM
I've bought pallets for PK rackets directly through the distributor a year or so ago.
I first emailed the email address on the PK site, and they responded saying they'd connect me to someoen who could help, but after that there was no response, so I emailed again and they came through. There was a supplier here in san diego, so he was able to send me a couple sets. They came out to $5 shipped per set + buttcap. Pretty damn good price compared to the nonsense Head charges. This info should help you out:

Kevin Gilbert
ProKennex Global
kgil30@yahoo.com

They're located in Encinitas, CA. Good luck!

Thanks for the contact info., I will shoot him an e-mail. :)

movdqa
02-25-2012, 06:19 PM
There was a guy in one of the asian countries selling PK stuff - maybe Anirut remembers who it is/