PDA

View Full Version : Keeping poll collar up?!

Z3kk
02-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Hey, all!

Random question for every polo-owner out there.

How the heck do you keep the collar up?! Is starch the only answer? I don't necessarily mean the curling; I'm referring to getting the collars to stand UP. Is there something about performance fabric that might allow it to stay up, or are the polos' collars all doomed to flatten out? I don't want to iron and spray my polos every single time I want to wear them...but are those the only options?

For what it's worth, I'm taking specifically about the 2011 fed polos, but feel free to give any advice. Much appreciated, thanks! :)

EDIT: polo collar for the title...I detest autocorrect -___-

Big_Dangerous
02-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Hey, all!

Random question for every polo-owner out there.

How the heck do you keep the collar up?! Is starch the only answer? I don't necessarily mean the curling; I'm referring to getting the collars to stand UP. Is there something about performance fabric that might allow it to stay up, or are the polos' collars all doomed to flatten out? I don't want to iron and spray my polos every single time I want to wear them...but are those the only options?

For what it's worth, I'm taking specifically about the 2011 fed polos, but feel free to give any advice. Much appreciated, thanks! :)

EDIT: polo collar for the title...I detest autocorrect -___-

Why would you want to keep the collar up? Unless you want to look like a quintessentially 80's ****** bag.

:)

Z3kk
02-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Why would you want to keep the collar up? Unless you want to look like a quintessentially 80's ****** bag.

:)

Ah nooo nono, I misphrased that LOL

I mean, how do you keep the collar standing (while folded) as if it's a new polo? It always starts out new and fresh and folded, but then the collar gets all flattened out...does that make sense?

UnLeaDED_GaSoLiNE™
02-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Just as with other polos, ironing would probably be the best option. The collar of the federer line is supposed to have a collar stand built in and ironing it would help to keep it up but when you are playing, I believe "keeping it up" is harder to achieve than when you are just wearing the shirt for casual wear :confused:

Z3kk
02-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Right, I know...was just wondering whether there was a solution. Fed can come onto the court with a new and fresh-looking shirt each time because Nike gives him like a half-dozen or a dozen for each tourney, I'm guessing; I was wondering whether there was a way for mere mortals to be able to wear a polo without it flattening out on us :(

For some reason, even though there's a collar stand, I still find that the creases become less prominent, and the entire collar just loses the fold and flattens T_T

Fuji
02-25-2012, 09:38 PM
I've never had this problem, and I wear collared shirts 80% of the time. How are you washing them?

Cold water and hang drying is what I do to all my clothes, and I've never had the situation you are describing. :)

-Fuji

Z3kk
02-25-2012, 11:17 PM
I've never had this problem, and I wear collared shirts 80% of the time. How are you washing them?

Cold water and hang drying is what I do to all my clothes, and I've never had the situation you are describing. :)

-Fuji

Hm, is there a special way to hang dry? If it works as well as that for you, then perhaps I should try that out instead of my usual low tumble dry.

Big_Dangerous
02-25-2012, 11:34 PM

I mean, how do you keep the collar standing (while folded) as if it's a new polo? It always starts out new and fresh and folded, but then the collar gets all flattened out...does that make sense?

Lolz, it's cool.

I actually don't iron my polos. I've never really had a problem with any of my Reebok polos looking so wrinkled.

Flip the collar up and then fold the shirt perhaps?

-Fuji

Really? You don't use a dryer?

Z3kk
02-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I heard that flipping the collar up when not in use works alright. I'll stick to that for now and just live with it if the collar can't stay folded.

First world problems: my expensive nike federer polo's collar can't stay up and folded. :P

Fuji
02-26-2012, 11:49 AM
@Big Dangerous: Nope I don't use a dryer on any of my clothes actually. I find it shrinks them and puts them out of use. Air drying seems to work well enough for me. :)

@Z3kk: I just put a hanger through the shirt and hang it from a clothes-pole in my basement. Just hang as you would in a closet and it seems to work well! I've never had clothes shrink prematurely or damage them in anyway. I also only wash in COLD WATER. Cold water is the way to go, as it stops any sort deformities. :)

-Fuji

Z3kk
02-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh I see. Yeah, I only use cold water as well. But...won't the clothes get stretched out as you hang them or something?

Aha, I'm an INTJ (lol random, just looking at your signature :D)

Fuji
02-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh I see. Yeah, I only use cold water as well. But...won't the clothes get stretched out as you hang them or something?

Aha, I'm an INTJ (lol random, just looking at your signature :D)

I've never had a problem with stretching. All that's happening is they are hanging freely without any weight on them. :)

Nice!!! I love finding users MB Personality.

-Fuji

Z3kk
02-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Hmm...alright, I'll try that out. Just take them straight out of the washing when they're done, put a hanger through them, and only hang dry them the whole way? Got it! :)

Thanks!

Fuji
02-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Correct good sir!

Good luck! Just so you know, normally I let them sit over night at least, the dry fit type material does hold water for a while. :)

-Fuji

NJ1
02-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Just so you know, normally I let them sit over night at least, the dry fit type material does hold water for a while. :)

-Fuji

Really? I've found any dri-fit stuff I have is dry within 4-8 hrs max if I hang it. However, it's easier to just chuck it all in the dryer on low heat for a45mins.

Fuji
02-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Really? I've found any dri-fit stuff I have is dry within 4-8 hrs max if I hang it. However, it's far easier to just chuck it all in the dryer on low heat for an 45mins.

Yup, that's what the normal sleep time for me is! Around 8 hours works fine.

-Fuji

NJ1
02-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Yup, that's what the normal sleep time for me is! Around 8 hours works fine.

-Fuji

Ah, understood. If you ever get chance to hang it outside on a warm day, it's dry within about half an hour.

Fuji
02-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Ah, understood. If you ever get chance to hang it outside on a warm day, it's dry within about half an hour.

I wish I had that opportunity! It's winter like 8 months of the year here LOL!

-Fuji

syke
02-26-2012, 09:03 PM

Not with the material that's being used on the Fed polos.. They are simply too..... limp.