PDA

View Full Version : AeroPro Lite VS Pure Drive Lite which is better?

jhoerene
02-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I really like lite racquets and I'm choosing between this 2. I'm 5'6" 130 lbs Just wondering which one is better the APL weight is around 260g while the PDL is 272g. Right now I have the AP Team 280g but I notice after 1 hr o f play my arms and shoulder starts to sore. Thats why I want to try a little bit lightweight racquets. Thanks for any input.

Jack Romeo
02-25-2012, 05:20 PM
soreness in your arms/elbow/wrists/shoulders could be due more to technique than racket. but the kind of racket does contribute to the pain sometimes. all the rackets you mentioned are stiff. the least stiff is the PDL. the latest version also has the lowest swingweight. so maybe that one will work best for you.

Venetian
02-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Same exact height/weight as you. I use the PDL and love it. The APDL felt head heavy and awkward to me.

etd
02-25-2012, 09:31 PM
If you can handle the weight, switch to the Babolat Pure Storm Team. It is a better racquet than either of the two you are looking at.

Jack Romeo
02-25-2012, 10:09 PM
If you can handle the weight, switch to the Babolat Pure Storm Team. It is a better racquet than either of the two you are looking at.

this is a good suggestion but you will have to playtest. even if it is heavier than the PDL and APL, it is just a tad heavier than your current APT and actually has a slightly lower swingweight. plus, the flex rating is lower. the downside is that it might not give you the power you require or are used to.

jhoerene
02-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks for all your inputs, I am also considering the Storm Team version, but the only thing it is little bit heavy from my current APD Team. But I like the feel of it, I was able to hold also the APD lite fast swing kinda like it, then lastly the PD lite great feel on my hand and swing great graphics. I was watching her style kinda same with me ball placements and waiting for her opponent to make mistake.

jhoerene
02-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all your inputs, I am also considering the Storm Team version, but the only thing it is little bit heavy from my current APD Team. But I like the feel of it, I was able to hold also the APD lite fast swing kinda like it, then lastly the PD lite great feel on my hand and swing great graphics. I didnt know A. Radwanska is using Pure Drive Lite .I was watching her style kinda same with me ball placements and waiting for her opponent to make mistake.