PDA

View Full Version : Eagnas Hawk 880Le

drkplayer122
02-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried this machine. I was thinking of buying this machine because I want to start a home stringing business and want a more consistent string job than my dropweight. I know that eagnas customer service is crap but is it really worth it?
Thanks in advance.

COPEY
02-25-2012, 03:09 PM
I have no personal experience with Eagnas, however, if you search the boards, you'll find that the consensus is to stay away from their electronic-based machines.

If you're seriously considering starting a home business, and you feel that your potential client base will be substantial, pull the trigger on a machine by a company known for producing reliable products accompanied by a solid reputation for customer service. Sure, you may start out in the hole, but if your client base is large enough, the machine will definitely pay for itself. Course, that's assuming you earn their business with topnotch workmanship.

jim e
02-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried this machine. I was thinking of buying this machine because I want to start a home stringing business and want a more consistent string job than my dropweight. I know that eagnas customer service is crap but is it really worth it?
Thanks in advance.

A few years back a poster here posted that he went to the Eagnas warehouse. He seemed to be pretty knowledgable about electronics and commented how surprised he was on the cheap components that they used for their electronics, and that if you had to go with this company, that you would be best served with their manual machines instead. Again, not my words, but by someone more knowledgable than me on electronics as he saw the components on some machines that were in pieces taken apart.

BTW, since you have been stringing since you have your own machine now, would you not be better off possibly saving a little more from your present stringing and get a higher end machine if you are going the route of starting a buisness? Even a used higher end electronic would be better suited for a buisness venture especially if you plan on doing it for a while. And get one with a good brake system and it makes easy work on O Port racquets as well.

The better the machine , the more enjoyable it is to string, the better your stringing then gets.I would get as much as you can afford going into the buisness.

I know, I know, others here will tell you that you can do a great job with an X-2 I will not argue, but.... the more bells and whistles the easier it gets , more enjoyable, especially stringing multiple racquets. Get a few racquets in one night to string by the next day after working all day, and you will be glad you got a better machine, and thats the truth!

seekay
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
I have the upright version of the Hawk with a crank/lockout tension head. It works well enough, but if I were buying a new machine, I'd probably get a different mounting system. It can be tricky to get racquets with different head shapes and sizes to fit well with the fixed arms.

My advice would be to look at a machine with suspension mounting and adjustable arms. Within the Eagnas table top line, the Combo 810 fits the bill.