PDA

View Full Version : Difference in Youtek vs Microgel Prestige Pro

edman9898
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Looking to possibly pick up a MPP as a backup to my YTPP. Can anyone tell me the differences between the two? Primarily concerned with power, stiffness, and spin. Thanks!

tymmh789
02-25-2012, 08:10 PM
If I were you I would just check around for people trying to sell theirs. I switched from the rebel and picked up 2 YTPP for $200 in a week.

I'm pretty sure the Microgel is comparable to the new IG's. They are a little bit softer. IMO stiffer racquets are more powerful so the YTPP should have a little more power but I'm not sure about spin. I would maybe look up the specs and check out the balances because I would think if a racquet is more headlight then you can get more racquet head speed, which would equal more spin.

edman9898
02-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Anyone else?

snr
02-26-2012, 05:28 PM
I would agree with the Microgel having a bit more of a flexy feeling compared to the Youtek feeling.

They're not radically different by any means but the Youtek just feels like it has a bit more crisp feeling on the string bed.

I think order should do you fine as a backup to be honest but it depends on how sensitive you are to gear differences.

TaihtDuhShaat
02-26-2012, 05:48 PM
I found the youtek harsh on framed shots, whereas I haven't tried the microgel. But, I do use the tgk 238.2 microgel prestige pro and it is softer feeling. It's not noodley soft; it almost feels like ceramic if you can imagine that.