PDA

View Full Version : Racket Handel seems to be a different shape, help?

Arjuntino
02-26-2012, 05:44 AM
I recently bought a new racket, the HEAD YOUTEK IG Radical pro.

I played with it for a few days, and it feels like the handle is a different shape than my previous racket. IT feels more ovular.

I switched from babolat Aero storm cortex.

It is a difference in the design, or a manufacturing flaw?

What should I do?

pug
02-26-2012, 06:05 AM
Each manufacturer has their own handle shape and design. Some are very close to each other, and some feel quite different. Head and Babolat would certainly be different in most models.

I think you should just keep playing with your new racquet and you will adjust to the new feel, and may come to really like it. Don't give up on it too soon, but if you can not adjust then there are other options such as modifying the grip or going back to your previous racquet.

Gee
02-26-2012, 06:11 AM
You might replace the grip with Head Speed pallets that are more round like Babolat ones..

Ramon
02-26-2012, 06:44 AM
You went from one extreme to the other in handle shape.

Mats Vilander used a Wilson (rounded like Babolat), but he preferred a more rectangular grip. I saw a video where he explained how he customized his racquet. He put tape on the top and bottom bevels to make the shape more to his liking. If that's good enough for him, I would think it should be good enough for you.

wao
02-26-2012, 07:06 PM
You went from one extreme to the other in handle shape.

Mats Vilander used a Wilson (rounded like Babolat), but he preferred a more rectangular grip. I saw a video where he explained how he customized his racquet. He put tape on the top and bottom bevels to make the shape more to his liking. If that's good enough for him, I would think it should be good enough for you. Would agree black electrical tape works. Placing the tape on the two side flats will make it more round though making the static weight slighty heaver (more HL)