PDA

View Full Version : Nike Vapor 9 or Nike Air Court Ballistec 4.3?

Brett
02-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Was going to decide between the two but I wanted to get some opinions. Which do you think is the better shoe to buy?

Thanks.

kingofstring
02-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Was going to decide between the two but I wanted to get some opinions. Which do you think is the better shoe to buy?

Thanks.

Is durability an issue for you?

athleticstennis
02-26-2012, 12:43 PM
narrower ballistec vs wider vapors? You prefer lighter vapors vs a bit heavier ballistec? Awesome traction and stability from ballistec vs an ok traction of vapor 9?

It's a good question, because choosing between these two is not easy when these two shoes are very good. I have not used the ballistec 4.3 but have used previous ballistecs extensively.

Brett
02-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Well my foot is more narrow than wide. I have used the Nike Air Zoom Vapor V but I remember the traction on the bottom not being that good.

I have a Underpronated/High arch type foot. Never used Ballestics before...

kingofstring
02-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Well my foot is more narrow than wide. I have used the Nike Air Zoom Vapor V but I remember the traction on the bottom not being that good.

I have a Underpronated/High arch type foot. Never used Ballestics before...

Get the air court ballistecs and if you wear them out before 6 months use the credit to get vapors.

athleticstennis
02-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Vapor 9 shoes are great shoes (the ones I am currently using) but what you are describing maybe the ccourballistec 4.3 is better.

anhuynh16
02-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Vapor 9 shoes are great shoes (the ones I am currently using) but what you are describing maybe the ccourballistec 4.3 is better.

they are TWO DIFFERENT SHOES that cannot be compared.

athleticstennis
02-26-2012, 04:22 PM
What I was saying that for him maybe the ballistec 4.3 are better. But I gravitate towards the Vapor 9's which I am currently using.

syke
02-26-2012, 08:06 PM
narrower ballistec vs wider vapors? You prefer lighter vapors vs a bit heavier ballistec? Awesome traction and stability from ballistec vs an ok traction of vapor 9?

It's a good question, because choosing between these two is not easy when these two shoes are very good. I have not used the ballistec 4.3 but have used previous ballistecs extensively.

If the Vapor9 are wide, then I must have webbed feet.
The Vapor9 are not even the least bit wide to begin with.

fundrazer
02-27-2012, 03:54 PM
As said above, they're two different kinds of shoe. One is a lighter, quicker, less durable shoe. The other is heavier but more durable + the durability guarantee. Not to mention the fact that no two model of shoe is going to feel the same on your feet...

So, there are a few things to consider. First, do you wear through shoes quickly? If yes, you're better off with the CB 4.3. Next step is to actually try on a pair. Go do this at a local shop or order multiple pairs from TW to find the right size. You can ship back the sizes you don't plan on keeping. If you find your foot doesn't agree with either shoe, then obviously you should look elsewhere.

DarkXBlazer
02-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Can anyone report on the width of the Courtballistec 4.3s compared to the 2.3 model? I've heard of many answers and there seems to be no real consensus... I don't have a nearby store when I can try them :(

Thanks!

toedragger
03-01-2012, 10:06 AM
I've had several pairs of the 2.3's and loved them. I have a regular width foot, size 9, medium high arch. No issues on the 2.3 what so ever, until I wore them out, which took a while actually.

The two pairs of 3.3's I'm just now breaking in are much different shoes. More narrow, and picky about lace tension. If I over tension the laces, my feet are screaming in pain - due to this new type of lace/upper design. I've overcome the issue to some degree by only putting tension on the last, or, heal portion of the laces. And, adding good insoles too. But, I'm still having a little heal slippage which I hope will eventually fade as they break in and I'm able to apply more universal lace tension.

I mention, because I hear the 4.3's and 3.3's are pretty much identical in fit and design. These 3.3's seem very durable, but they are stiff. Sounds crazy, but I placed mine in the oven at 200 degrees for about eight minutes then slipped them on and walked around the house with em' on for 20 minutes. It made a pretty good difference in fit.

My wife thought I was absolutely nuts though :)

anhuynh16
03-01-2012, 11:06 AM
I've had several pairs of the 2.3's and loved them. I have a regular width foot, size 9, medium high arch. No issues on the 2.3 what so ever, until I wore them out, which took a while actually.

The two pairs of 3.3's I'm just now breaking in are much different shoes. More narrow, and picky about lace tension. If I over tension the laces, my feet are screaming in pain - due to this new type of lace/upper design. I've overcome the issue to some degree by only putting tension on the last, or, heal portion of the laces. And, adding good insoles too. But, I'm still having a little heal slippage which I hope will eventually fade as they break in and I'm able to apply more universal lace tension.

I mention, because I hear the 4.3's and 3.3's are pretty much identical in fit and design. These 3.3's seem very durable, but they are stiff. Sounds crazy, but I placed mine in the oven at 200 degrees for about eight minutes then slipped them on and walked around the house with em' on for 20 minutes. It made a pretty good difference in fit.

My wife thought I was absolutely nuts though :)

The 4.3 and 3.3 are very different.

djnemo
03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
To me the 2.3 and 3.3 were uncomfortable and stiff, and I would never buy them. The 4.3's are like a different model, the upper is much softer and more comfortable.

stormholloway
03-01-2012, 09:48 PM
they are TWO DIFFERENT SHOES that cannot be compared.

So only things that are exactly the same should be compared? That doesn't make much sense.

kingofstring
03-02-2012, 11:18 AM
So only things that are exactly the same should be compared? That doesn't make much sense.

He means they are supposed to be different and made for certain things.

DarkXBlazer
03-04-2012, 08:10 AM
So... does that mean CB 4.3 is wider, similar, or more narrower than the 2.3s?

I used the 2.3s and they felt extremely nice after the break in period, to the point where I felt as if the shoe was hugging my feet. However, after the 2.3s got cancelled and 3.3s were brought in, everyone complained about how the 3.3s are extremely narrow, and since the break in period for the wider 2.3 wasn't exactly fun, I thought the 3.3s must be hell..

So, I moved to the Lunar Vapor 8. These shoes fit all right at first, but as time went by, they seemed almost too wide. They feel extremely light, which feels good on serve (thrusting into the air); however, when it comes to general court movement, they just seem too light and too wide (my foot moves..), and I think I prefer the heaviness and traction of the 2.3s a bit more..

Based on this description, which, among the CB 4.3 and Lunar Vapor 9, do you think would better suit me? And still, how does 4.3 width compare to 2.3?

Thanks

DarkXBlazer
03-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Any ideas?

parasailing
04-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I am in the same boat with deciding whether to get the CB 4.3s as I love the way the 2.3s felt but hated how the 3.3s became narrower in the toe box which gave me blisters.

If durability is an issue, forget the Vapors as many here have stated that they wear out really quick and don't offer a warranty.

I am also looking for the GSOAT but it appears that is a difficult thing to find a pair of shoes with excellent traction, stability, comfort, light, and durable. You can probably get 3 or 4 out of 5 but that's pretty much it.

grolson1993
04-01-2012, 09:33 PM
4.3's feel like the 3.3's except they are a fair amount wider and much more comfortable uppers (not as bulky as 4.3.) They're a pretty similar fit to the breathe cage 2 imo.

parasailing
04-01-2012, 10:21 PM
4.3's feel like the 3.3's except they are a fair amount wider and much more comfortable uppers (not as bulky as 4.3.) They're a pretty similar fit to the breathe cage 2 imo.

Never tried out the breathe cage 2s though but do you know if they hug your feet like the 2.3s? I found the 3.3s too be too stiff due to the material used and did not wrap securely around your feet.

SStrikerR
04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I wear Vapors because I like the looks, but they're a terrible shoe performance wise. The only thing they have over CBs is that they're a little lighter. Other than that, CBs all the way. ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way.

The Big Kahuna
04-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Sounds like you need something in-between - the Nike Breathe 2K11 has some of the best of both these shoes incorporated into it's design at a price 25% less.