PDA

View Full Version : Why do so few people use Allplay ?

springthorpe777
02-26-2012, 01:17 PM
It seems like a good idea but hardly anyone uses it.

safc_number10
03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Maybe many people who play tennis belong to a club, group or league so already have a number of people to call upon for a game. I became a member of a league competition from a guy who I met via allplay so I'm thankful for that.

doctor dennis
03-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Maybe many people who play tennis belong to a club, group or league so already have a number of people to call upon for a game. I became a member of a league competition from a guy who I met via allplay so I'm thankful for that.

I dont think its marketed very well. It is a super idea to meet people and play some competitive tennis.

safc_number10
03-12-2012, 12:38 PM
The LTA are still actively promoting allplay. There is a decent feature in the latest edition of On Court Magazine.

http://www.lta.org.uk/in-your-area/Northumberland/Resources/resource-category/?SubFolderPath=On+Court+Magazine

doctor dennis
03-12-2012, 01:40 PM
The LTA are still actively promoting allplay. There is a decent feature in the latest edition of On Court Magazine.

http://www.lta.org.uk/in-your-area/Northumberland/Resources/resource-category/?SubFolderPath=On+Court+Magazine

Thats good but not everyone buys that magazine. They need to go even wider i think. They need to put posters / information about it at local tennis courts as well as lta registered centres to get the wider audience that they want.
I would assume that the majority of people still having got a clue what its about which is a shame but its still fairly new and will hopefully catch on.

Regard

latetennisstarter
05-14-2012, 12:45 PM
I think allplay is a great idea. I do use it... but it's difficult finding partners of a similar level when the categories are self-rated and subjective (beginner, intermediate, advanced). And once you find a couple of people to play with regularly there is no reason to use the website anymore.