PDA

View Full Version : Klippermate Manual?

pescadito
02-26-2012, 05:22 PM
I've searched for Klippermate manuals, and the only link I find you have to join(pay) the site to download. Does anyone have a PDF they might be able to send? I'd much appreciate it!

I just bought a used Klippermate and love it. Did my first stringjob with Kirschbaum poly in about an hour. Now I can experiment with better strings and not have the outside expenditure of having someone else charge me for the labor. It's a good little machine for what it is.

davisigno@gmail.com

athiker
02-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Try this: http://www.scribd.com/doc/16406586/Klippermate-Stringing-Instructions?

pescadito
02-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Thanks, that's useful for viewing, but I was hoping not to have to join and pay that site just for one download. I kind of wanted to have a copy I can refer to without the computer. It won't print out on the site.

athiker
02-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Gotcha...it a has been a while since I used the site. I thought you could just download it for free but I see that's not the case. It looks like you can download it for $5 or upload a document and gain 24 hours free access. Give me a little time to poke around and see if I have it on a computer somewhere.

fortun8son
02-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Price you pay for buying used. LOL
It's not that much!

lionel_101
02-27-2012, 12:56 AM
I've searched for Klippermate manuals, and the only link I find you have to join(pay) the site to download. Does anyone have a PDF they might be able to send? I'd much appreciate it!

I just bought a used Klippermate and love it. Did my first stringjob with Kirschbaum poly in about an hour. Now I can experiment with better strings and not have the outside expenditure of having someone else charge me for the labor. It's a good little machine for what it is.

davisigno@gmail.com

I don't think you really need a manual at this stage. If you have already used it, strung a racquet with it in an hour and love it, there isn't anything more to know about using it. It is a very simple to use dropweight with floating clamps, like my X-2.

KerryR
02-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Here's some stuff you might need to know if you don't already:

Most of what you need to know can easily be found on YouTube, particularly YuLittle's channel and Irvin's channel (Mr10sStringer).

Stringing patterns are on Klipper's website. Some brands are missing, but can usually be found on the manufacturers website.

There's some finesse to mounting that's in the manual: leave the mounting towers slightly loose, adjust the bar width and attach the racket, but only lightly tighten the mounting knobs onto the plates. Then, firmly pull on the BOTTOM of the mounting towers, which tilts the towers, which are held in place at the tops by the racket mounts, towards the center, using up the space between the turntable and towers (the tolerances in the castings), and tighten the U-bolts FIRMLY, then finish tightening the racket mounting knobs, making sure the racket is still firmly seated along the inner arched surface of the mounting plates. This ensures that the bars are very slightly tilted towards eachother, the same direction they'll be pulled on when the mains are strung. This way, the distance between the mounts won't be able to change at all, neither from the U-bolts slipping, nor from the towers suddenly snapping towards eachother under the tension from the mains, both of which can result in a damaged racket.

It's best to have the hoop centered on the pivot- the towers will be equidistant from the pivot in the center of the turntable.

The arrow on the drop weight should be on the same side of the bar as the string gripper, or facing down if the bar were in a vertical position.

Maintenance is simple enough-- if the string begins to slip in the gripper or clamps, or you've done 6-8 jobs, clean the gripping surface with rubbing alcohol. This can be done without taking it apart, even though there's nothing to taking it apart if you want to.

I haven't found it necessary to sand the inner surfaces of the clamps as yet-- that's what the little scrap of emery cloth is for, in case you were wondering (unless it's missing).

If you're interested in starting the mains with the starting pin (the piece of wire with the soft plastic knob on the end), you can find details on www.stringerspad.com.

pescadito
02-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Received a copy. Thanks everyone for your help and advice!

d

GTPilot
09-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Better manual scan found here... http://www.scribd.com/doc/104947397/Klippermate-Manual . I paid for the manual, but wanted a version I could store on my puter and reduce clutter.

v-verb
03-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Better manual scan found here... http://www.scribd.com/doc/104947397/Klippermate-Manual . I paid for the manual, but wanted a version I could store on my puter and reduce clutter.

Thanks - this is much clearer than the other link!