PDA

View Full Version : Long overdue thoughts/review of Propulse 3

Stevo Karlovic
02-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Keeping it simple, the Propulse 3 is a collective failure when compared to the Propulse 2. I have two pairs of each and I always find myself going back to the Propulse 2. What a letdown. Any thoughts on this and perhaps a lead on where on god's good earth I could score the Blue/Silver Propulse 2would be appreciated. Thanks.

ptb5021
02-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Any reason why it's a collective failure?

JDMasFCK
02-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Any reason why it's a collective failure?

I agree

10chars

ArliHawk
02-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I just bought some of the 3s last week and wore them to the gym and to play for about an hour yesterday. They seem pretty comfortable except for the part in back.

Does the shoe ever break in back here and put less pressure on the achilles? I know you can adjust the strap, but I've loosened it as much as I can without sacrificing stability.

Maybe I just have an adidas foot after all. . .

Bergboy123
02-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Well I have the Propulse 2's and I absolutely love them, greatest shoe I've ever owned. I'm looking forward to getting the 3's though. I also want to hear why you find them so bad!

kingofstring
02-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Iloved them except durability.

Maroon_Tenniskid
02-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I just bought some of the 3s last week and wore them to the gym and to play for about an hour yesterday. They seem pretty comfortable except for the part in back.

Does the shoe ever break in back here and put less pressure on the achilles? I know you can adjust the strap, but I've loosened it as much as I can without sacrificing stability.

Maybe I just have an adidas foot after all. . .

Wear 2 pairs of tall socks, and that makes the shoe amazing to play in, I never noticed the back part of my Propulse 3's because I always wore tall socks when they were new (learned from my 2 pairs of PP2's) it will eventually flare out and soften up, just be patient.

ArliHawk
02-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Wear 2 pairs of tall socks, and that makes the shoe amazing to play in, I never noticed the back part of my Propulse 3's because I always wore tall socks when they were new (learned from my 2 pairs of PP2's) it will eventually flare out and soften up, just be patient.

Going to have to try that. Usually I like to wear no shows, but it may be a while (possibly never) with these shoes.

Stevo Karlovic
02-27-2012, 11:09 PM
I always wear two crew socks. Please, my no-show friend, please wear crew socks for tennis. Just tryin' to help. As far as my criticism towards the Propulse 3... they are decent shoes. They just do not hold a candle to the Propulse 2 in every way. If you have had both, you would easily agree. If I need to elaborate more, I am prepared to do so. Thanks.

ArliHawk
02-28-2012, 03:08 AM
I always wear two crew socks. Please, my no-show friend, please wear crew socks for tennis. Just tryin' to help. As far as my criticism towards the Propulse 3... they are decent shoes. They just do not hold a candle to the Propulse 2 in every way. If you have had both, you would easily agree. If I need to elaborate more, I am prepared to do so. Thanks.

What's wrong with no show socks?

Maroon_Tenniskid
02-29-2012, 05:40 PM
I tried the 3's and loved them! I also had the 2's and can see why you liked them, but the last time I tried them, the heel stuck out in an awkward spot for me and kinda jabbed into my arch a bit. I liked them a bit at first, but now it's only the PP3's for me.

Maroon_Tenniskid
02-29-2012, 05:42 PM
What's wrong with no show socks?

Most people prefer crew socks because they look more manly and apparently perform better. I love the stability that I feel like I get from them, I feel more connected to my feet when I wear them and added stability with 2 pairs on.

ArliHawk
03-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Most people prefer crew socks because they look more manly and apparently perform better. I love the stability that I feel like I get from them, I feel more connected to my feet when I wear them and added stability with 2 pairs on.

To each his own, I suppose. Wore these shoes again last night and they are breaking in nicely.

P99
03-02-2012, 10:27 PM
i like my propulse. Fits true to size but roomy enough for an ankle brace! That itself plus the straps = WIN.

ArliHawk
03-03-2012, 10:45 AM
These shoes are fantastic after breaking them in.

And for those of you who expressed your concern about no-shows, you are correct about these shoes an no shows. It just doesn't work.

kingofstring
03-04-2012, 04:06 AM
I also relly liked there comfort and padding!

PED
03-04-2012, 04:32 AM
I think the 3's are great. I've worn Ballistecs/Cages for the past 4 years and the Bab's have better traction and cushioning. Durability isn't an issue with the warranty and I usually only get 3 months from the Nikes anyway.

parasailing
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Great lateral stability and support with the velcro straps and excellent traction on the courts compared to every shoe I have tried. Only downside is the poor forefoot cushioning compared to other shoes. If they fixed that with the Propulse 4s, we would be talking about the GSOAT shoe.

I am now wearing the Prince T22 Mids mainly due to the achy feet when I play longer than 2 hours in my Propulse. Otherwise, I would say Propulse 3s are the best shoes I have tried so far.