PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Missing Bar Code

royfrombigd
02-27-2012, 05:27 AM
Hi guys. I recently acquired a 107 Pure Drive Gt from a trusted seller. Looks great, but way too much power for me. I was going to sell it, but noticed it doesn't have a bar code in the throat of the racquet that most Babolats have. I see a previous thread on several Pure Storms bought through TW that don't have bar codes and I assume it is the same issue with this, but never saw a definitive answer as to why Babolat did this. Were they sick of fielding calls from folks wanting to confirm the bar code number? I would have to think if the racquet were fake, the bar code would be the easiest thing to produce. Plus, I've never heard of a fake 107 so I think the stick is legit, but got to admit that bugs me a bit. Anybody know for sure why Babolat did this? Thanks.

jjs891
02-27-2012, 05:52 AM
You might want to look under the grip. Bar code is placed there too.

I'm not an expert on figuring fakes. Maybe others can give you more info.

royfrombigd
02-27-2012, 06:19 AM
You might want to look under the grip. Bar code is placed there too.

I'm not an expert on figuring fakes. Maybe others can give you more info.

I did look take the grip off and there was no bar code underneath. The pallet was tightly wrapped in heat shrink plastic and had a "3" (3/8th grip size) stamped on it. The pallet was off white and this seems consistent with Babolat. Thanks.