PDA

View Full Version : LM Instinct x Youtek Instinct: are they similar?

GuilhermeG
02-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Hi, guys.

I've come across a problem and would be very grateful if anyone could help me.
First, I would like to apologize if I make any grammar mistake, since english is not my native language. Please be a little comprehensive. =P

Well, two months ago I bought a regular liquidmetal instinct (not the tour XL version) and it fitted perfectly for my game with little customization (just a head leather tour grip).

Problem is: I finally feel like I've found MY racquet, but I'm having a very hard time trying to find another one for buying/trade here in Brazil. It's been a full month of search and no results.

This year I was planning to start playing tournaments (reached a solid 3.5 level), and not having at least a pair of my racquet of choice is starting to freak me out.

That said, I read in an internet review recently that the Youtek Instinct (not the IG) model was the closest to the liquidmetal one (slightly more stiff), and, since it's much easier to find (and cheap), started to consider switching to it.

Has anyone switched from the LM to the youtek model? How similar they are? How long did it take for you to adjust? Is the d3o material really hard on the arm?

Sorry for this much questions, but I'm trying to solve this problem as quick as possible.

Thanks,

Guilherme

tball
03-01-2012, 06:36 PM
I have both. I do not feel any -- even most minute -- difference between them.

GuilhermeG
03-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks a lot, man... I think I'll just get the new youtek then.