PDA

View Full Version : Does Puma make any performance tennis shoes?

scotus
02-27-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't see TWE carry the Puma line.

When I check bay, all I see are retro style tennis shoes. They seem to be making performance running shoes and soccer shoes, but I don't really see tennis shoes.

What's up with Puma?

scotus
02-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Okay, so nobody cares for Puma shoes....

ductrung3993
02-28-2012, 05:48 AM
I don't see TWE carry the Puma line.

When I check bay, all I see are retro style tennis shoes. They seem to be making performance running shoes and soccer shoes, but I don't really see tennis shoes.

What's up with Puma?

Ask them.

10Char

macs971
02-28-2012, 12:25 PM
puma do soccer shoes. as for tennis search elsewere..
nike for example does not make decent badminton shoes :)

scotus
02-28-2012, 12:39 PM
puma do soccer shoes. as for tennis search elsewere..
nike for example does not make decent badminton shoes :)

Serena used to wear Puma shoes, as did Boris.

Wonder how Puma arrived at the decision to exit the tennis market altogether.

Is Puma doing poorly overall?

purple-n-gold
02-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Puma has a re-issue of the G.Vilas shoe...looks pretty nice if you like retro fashion. I've seen 'em in a couple of different shoe mags recently.

scotus
02-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Puma has a re-issue of the G.Vilas shoe...looks pretty nice if you like retro fashion. I've seen 'em in a couple of different shoe mags recently.

Those I have seen.

But I don't consider them performance tennis shoes.

They're like Stan Smith- or Converse-type of good-looking retro shoes that you can wear with a pair of jeans.

gavna
02-29-2012, 07:13 AM
All they have in the US is the "court" model which is a reissue of the old green and white "hardcourt" shoe Vilas wore in the late 70s and early 80s with he green sole and trim. And the Vilas shoe which has the PU based sole that Vilas and Leconte wore from 82 - 83 onwards.....you can find that shoe all over the place and in different color variants. Back in the day they were cutting edge but now they are more for the casual user.

adista4
02-29-2012, 08:24 AM
puma does not make performance tennis shoes