PDA

View Full Version : Impact shock question: Asics Gel 4 or Prince T22

GoSurfBoy
02-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Looking for a bit higher performing shoe than the T22 (webbing is soft) but I have yet to find a shoe that can match the T's shock absorption.

Looking at the new Asics Gel Res' 4.

Anyone tried both and can compare?

2-3 hours a day training and I'm feeling it in other shoes, but may just have to use a T22.

Received a pair of the T24's and it seems (to me) to be waaaay too much room, and 13's were far bigger than a 13 in the 22's, and it seem to be a very different shoe, altogether.

Thank you

scotus
02-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Looking for a bit higher performing shoe than the T22 (webbing is soft) but I have yet to find a shoe that can match the T's shock absorption.

Looking at the new Asics Gel Res' 4.

Anyone tried both and can compare?

2-3 hours a day training and I'm feeling it in other shoes, but may just have to use a T22.

Received a pair of the T24's and it seems (to me) to be waaaay too much room, and 13's were far bigger than a 13 in the 22's, and it seem to be a very different shoe, altogether.

Thank you

What is webbing?

GoSurfBoy
02-28-2012, 11:39 AM
The mesh-webbing that the 22 uses as the wrap material across the top of the shoe. I spoke with Prince at length, and they said the new 24's addressed that, but the fit was rather ..odd...almost like the old 'NFS' - which was roomy - but sloppy on my foot.

bishi
03-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Late response, but for what it's worth...

I used to use the Prince T22's, went through 4 pairs of them and started getting slight pains in my feet and heel. Switched to Gel Res 3's for one pair and it went away. But I wore a hole in the sole in less than 3 months. Sent them back, on Gel Res 4's now. Had them about 2 weeks and so far so good. I doubt I will go back to Prince.