PDA

View Full Version : Question for Chris - IG Prestige MP and IG Radical MP

Dgdavid
02-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Hi Chris (or other TWs that have played with PMP and Rad MP),

I noticed you tested the IG Radical MP as well as your IG Prestige MP.
I have been using the PMP too and also the Pro but actually am preferring the Prestige S at the moment. I found in matches against better players, the slight extra speed and pop (for me anyway) helped.

I was wondering whether you think that the Radical MP might suit me if I wanted a slightly lighter, easier swinging version of the PMP that retained the solid feel. Or is the Prestige S that racket? I tend to hit flat on both wings (OHBH but slowly moving to a 2HBH).

Kind regards

David

TW Staff
02-29-2012, 08:56 AM
I think you'll find the S a better fit. The Radical MP was a little under powered for me on anything but a fast swing. I found touch shots to drop very short as the racquet lacked stability on slower swings. It took me longer to get the racquet dialed in at net for that same reason. I find the 300 Tour from Dunlop to play similarly -- best on a fast swing.

I did not have that issue with the S. The stringbed on the S also felt a little livelier and not as tight as the Radical MP.

Chris, TW

Dgdavid
02-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Many thanks Chris.

Dgdavid
02-29-2012, 03:34 PM
I think you'll find the S a better fit. The Radical MP was a little under powered for me on anything but a fast swing. I found touch shots to drop very short as the racquet lacked stability on slower swings. It took me longer to get the racquet dialed in at net for that same reason. I find the 300 Tour from Dunlop to play similarly -- best on a fast swing.

I did not have that issue with the S. The stringbed on the S also felt a little livelier and not as tight as the Radical MP.

Chris, TW

Actually Chris, can I also ask what you thought of the IG Radical Oversize as a singles racket. I demoed a friends recently but only for 1 set and liked it a lot as it was very forgiving and it inspired enough confidence that I hit out more than usual with it but I kind of dismissed it as a fun racket. After re-watching the video, I am thinking maybe I should reconsider. I have it in my head that it will make my transition to 2HBH easier.