PDA

View Full Version : IG vs. YT Prestige MP: worth the upgrade?

dadozen
02-29-2012, 08:55 AM
I've been playing with the YT Prestige MPs for almost a year( came from the BM200 ).

Love almost everything in the racquet, I just wish it had a bit more feel - like Dunlop racquets.

I've been reading that the IG iteration has a significantly better feel, but is it really worth the upgrade?

What about the overall stability( groundstrokes, volleys, returns )? I see that the SW had a big drop from 318 to 310, so I'm worried about that. The YTPMP is not a very solid racquet in stock form after all. I'm aware that lead tape can handle that, but I just don't like to tweak a lot on my racquets.

Thanks!

Racquet Daddy
02-29-2012, 09:10 AM
I played with the YTMP last summer/fall for about 4 months and got rid of it. Harsh and brassy - just ended up not being fun to play with. After reading the reviews by vsbabolat and co., I was confident that if I went to the IG I'd like it better...and I have. Noticeably softer. I did add 3-4 grams at 12 and counter-balanced right above the handle. For me, this adds the right amount of plow and makes every shot that much more solid. Side note: I also went with the black CAPs, TK82S pallet, and dampener. And I've got a Mid on the way. I think it's been worth it.

Tmano
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
I've been playing with the YT Prestige MPs for almost a year( came from the BM200 ).

Love almost everything in the racquet, I just wish it had a bit more feel - like Dunlop racquets.

I've been reading that the IG iteration has a significantly better feel, but is it really worth the upgrade?

What about the overall stability( groundstrokes, volleys, returns )? I see that the SW had a big drop from 318 to 310, so I'm worried about that. The YTPMP is not a very solid racquet in stock form after all. I'm aware that lead tape can handle that, but I just don't like to tweak a lot on my racquets.

Thanks!

I'm just curious why people think that the latest models/version of racquets have to be bettet than the previous. I tried the YTPM and I thought it was a pretty good racquet however, I like much better the Microgel prestige Mp.
The latest models don't mean necessarely better racuets.

dadozen
02-29-2012, 09:36 AM
I played with the YTMP last summer/fall for about 4 months and got rid of it. Harsh and brassy - just ended up not being fun to play with. After reading the reviews by vsbabolat and co., I was confident that if I went to the IG I'd like it better...and I have. Noticeably softer. I did add 3-4 grams at 12 and counter-balanced right above the handle. For me, this adds the right amount of plow and makes every shot that much more solid. Side note: I also went with the black CAPs, TK82S pallet, and dampener. And I've got a Mid on the way. I think it's been worth it.

Thanks Daddy! What did you feel of the IG in stick form?

I'm just curious why people think that the latest models/version of racquets have to be bettet than the previous. I tried the YTPM and I thought it was a pretty good racquet however, I like much better the Microgel prestige Mp.
The latest models don't mean necessarely better racuets.

Thanks for your input, but you're missing the point: I don't think the IG is necessarily better than the YT just because it's newer. I'm asking about the IG iteration because it seems to have exactly what I'm missing in the YT line: a softer feel.

I do think the YT line is a very good one and that's exactly why I'm playing with it, and I can play with this racquets without a problem.

And just as a side note, for me, the best iteration of the Dunlop 100 line is the AG100. Best feel of all of them.

spectrablue
02-29-2012, 10:17 AM
The YTPMP is a good racket. I enjoy playing it for over a year but it does feel "brassy" and it does give you a harsh feedback when you hit away from the sweet spot.

I have been playing with the new IGPMP and it is a wonderful upgrade. It plays softer and it absorb a lot of the vibration. This is a welcome upgrade since I have been battling with shoulder tendinitis. In my opinion, this softer playing Prestige MP is what I needed.

Racquet Daddy
02-29-2012, 09:14 PM
In stock form, it didn't feel like there was enough mass in the hoop, especially on returns or counter-punching.

Bartelby
02-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Just like the previous version.

In stock form, it didn't feel like there was enough mass in the hoop, especially on returns or counter-punching.

un6a
03-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Youtek version of prestige MP needs a good dampener. Prince worm damp works really well for me in this frame. It enchanted feel and comfort to the new level. But i agree without damp or with bad one, it feels a bit brassy and pingy.

neesun
03-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I bought the YT Prestige MP purely based on reviews. Big mistake as I didn't really like the racquet. Now I have to sell it.

In stock form the racquet is horrible. Only after fitting a shock absorber and lead tape around the hoop did the racquet actually feel decent enough to play with.

Bartelby
03-01-2012, 04:30 PM
The mp is ineffective without lead, but not horrible, unless you really like low powered.

The Pro is playable stock.

TaihtDuhShaat
03-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Oops thought this thread was about the ig vs yt radical mp.