PDA

View Full Version : Which Wilson 6.1 Tour 95 16x18?

Blee1613
02-29-2012, 01:50 PM
So I've finally picked a racket. The BLX (older one) 95 or K Factor 95. I'm just wondering, which do you consider the best? Both are almost identical in specs, but when I looked at the TW reviews I saw that the BLX version got a much higher maneuverability score than the K Factor. Do they play any different? I know that they feel slightly different, the K Factor being a bit more harsh while the BLX is more muted.

heninfan99
02-29-2012, 01:55 PM
As you probably noticed the KFactor has a higher stiffness. I found crisper volleys on the KFactor but a little too harsh on groundies. The BLX def. has a more plush/muted feel. Sports car suspension vs. Cadillac suspension.

mlocke1322
02-29-2012, 02:25 PM
^^Agreed. I have both and just preferred the feel of the BLX over the K Factor. The K was just too harsh for me on groundstrokes. But the feedback is most likely going to be different person to person. For me personally, once I had a couple BLX frames, my K Factor didn't leave my bag anymore. And now the same is true for my BLX frames after switching to Dunlop Bio 200T...

sunof tennis
02-29-2012, 02:31 PM
^^Agreed. I have both and just preferred the feel of the BLX over the K Factor. The K was just too harsh for me on groundstrokes. But the feedback is most likely going to be different person to person. For me personally, once I had a couple BLX frames, my K Factor didn't leave my bag anymore. And now the same is true for my BLX frames after switching to Dunlop Bio 200T...

Completely agree (except for the part about switching to Dunlop..lol)

2Hare
02-29-2012, 02:55 PM
If you are going full poly, go with BLX. If you are doing gut/poly hybrid, either would work.

mlocke1322
03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
I still really like the BLX frames. I have played with Wilson 6.1 frames for the last 11 years and never considered switching. For me the Dunlop just hit the sweet spot of a less muted feel while still retaining the positives I like about the BLX. Plus it doesn't hurt to get them dirt cheap/free.... :)

I think with the K Factor and BLX, you just have to try and hit with both in order to decide. It just really comes down to a personal preference on the feel. Lots of people on here hate one and love the other.

Torres
03-01-2012, 02:11 PM
I still really like the BLX frames. I have played with Wilson 6.1 frames for the last 11 years and never considered switching. For me the Dunlop just hit the sweet spot of a less muted feel while still retaining the positives I like about the BLX.

If you want feedback, the Dunlop Revelations from years ago were unsurpassed in terms of feel and feedback. There current Dunlops (or even the BLX for that matter) don't even come close.

Getting back to the original question, if early reports are anything to go by, the answer is neither - and that the 2012 BLX is the one to go for......