PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate US Open Tennis Experience?

jdubbs
02-29-2012, 03:35 PM
This would be cool if the USTA came up with something similar:

http://www.cnnsi.com/soccer/news/20120229/usa-italy/?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

U.S. Soccer did something new for the US-Italy friendly, won by the USA 1-0, offering what it calls an "Ultimate VIP Experience." The two people who have gone through the program this week are Mark and Kristin Beach, a couple from San Mateo, Calif., where they work in finance. "It's been unbelievable," says Mark, a hard core U.S. fan. "This is the single greatest trip for me, ever."

The highlights have been many, they said. Former U.S. star Brian McBride flew over and has been their personal host, sharing nuggets from his playing career. They had private conversations with Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore and Jonathan Spector, got special access to training sessions and received a guided tour of nearby Portofino. (They sat at the game with McBride and surprise guest Mike Piazza, the former baseball All-Star.) "It hasn't all been soccer, so it's a nice balance for me," says Kristin.

The price wasn't cheap -- one source says it cost the couple around $16,000 for a three-day experience, not including airfare -- but part of it is tax-deductible and will go to funding U.S. youth development programs. The first couple to do it is coming away happy. "I will be doing this again," Mark said with a smile.

kishnabe
02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
16,000 does not come cheap! :(