PDA

View Full Version : Something for admirers of Roddick

Crazy man
02-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Came by this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XODe_DNZqc

This was in a year where he did nothing in the slams. Potential hope.

kimbahpnam
02-29-2012, 05:02 PM
How is that potential hope?

kishnabe
02-29-2012, 05:24 PM
You are trying top find hope for Roddick from a match 4 years ago.

I'll go watch Federer from 2004-2006.....maybe there some hope there.

Hood_Man
02-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Nadal's serve looks so different then...

But yeah, Roddick probably could play like this these days, just not very often unfortunately.

FD3S
02-29-2012, 07:42 PM
I remember that. Roddick was bombing the hell out of his FH for that tournament, which was weird because he wasn't doing it before Dubai and barring one set of his USO QF against Djoker he wasn't doing it after. I mean, it was great to see, but it was kind of odd all around.

swordtennis
02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
I still remember 2010 when Roddick destroyed an under-fueled Nadal in the SF @ Miami.
Nadal was beating his leg going mad.
Roddick has played some good tennis @ Indian Wells and Miami throughout his career.

shake&bake
02-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Nadal's serve looks so different then...

But yeah, Roddick probably could play like this these days, just not very often unfortunately.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Towser83
02-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Came by this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XODe_DNZqc

This was in a year where he did nothing in the slams. Potential hope.

this was a while back though...

Dude, I would love it if Roddick could just summon up his Wimbledon 2009 form and actually win it this year. But realistically not going to happen. However if he can get his game together and start competing in quarters of masters events, win some 500s that would be a good upturn for him

Tammo
02-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Crazy man is crazy :(

Crazy man
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
You are trying top find hope for Roddick from a match 4 years ago.

I'll go watch Federer from 2004-2006.....maybe there some hope there.

Out of all the ignorant posts in this thread, yours definately stuck out the most. No offense.

In your example, Federer from 2004-2006 was winning everything left, right and centre except for clay court tournaments only losing to the greatest clay courter since Borg. Roddick at this point in time was posting worse slam results than in 2011 and the gap is not as big in Roddick's 4 years than the gap between the Federer of now and the Federer of 2006 (although Federer has been lightyears ahead of Roddick since 03).

kishnabe
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Out of all the ignorant posts in this thread, yours definately stuck out the most. No offense.

In your example, Federer from 2004-2006 was winning everything left, right and centre except for clay court tournaments only losing to the greatest clay courter since Borg. Roddick at this point in time was posting worse slam results than in 2011 and the gap is not as big in Roddick's 4 years than the gap between the Federer of now and the Federer of 2006 (although Federer has been lightyears ahead of Roddick since 03).

I am saying Federer and Roddick have declined. Federer can compete but won win on the big stages except of the faster conditions.

Roddick....had a more severe mono, his body is breaking down. He not getting the same explosive as 2010. He played a few good matches this year. Dubai 2008 was tennis near his best level. As much as I like him.....I don't think he can play like that ever again.

Federer psychologically positive and that has decreased his decline rate. Roddick with all his emotions and scars.....is hitting rock bottom.

Maybe you would see Roddick at his best for 3 games per a match....and then he is gone.

Whether you are a fan or not.....sometimes you got to see that their is sense in believing in a false illusion. Roddick isn't coming back like that.

Savour every match he plays...like the one that starts in 2 min. Revenge against Istomin.

Crazy man
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Savour every match he plays...like the one that starts in 2 min. Revenge against Istomin.

If he loses to Istomin, then yes, this thread will end up as a tribute to Roddick instead of a thread which proves even when out of prime he can still have high levels of play. He best win. You watching it?

norbac
03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
That was a great couple of months for Roddick back in 08. Beat Nadal and Djokovic in Dubai, before beating Federer in Miami.

I think he had also won Memphis or San Jose before Dubai.

Crazy man
03-01-2012, 04:24 PM
That was a great couple of months for Roddick back in 08. Beat Nadal and Djokovic in Dubai, before beating Federer in Miami.

He didn't even drop serve in Dubai. Beat Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrero & Lopez. Pretty impressive.

Roddick after beating those guys: 'I got hold of my forehand and played high risk'

Roddick losing to Istomin: What am I doing wrong???

kishnabe
03-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Roddick playing like his old self....I am shocked. Rip some of the forehands and mixing with pushy forehands too.

That first match gave him some confidence all right. Let see this at IW next week. That would be the test.

FD3S
03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Roddick playing like his old self....I am shocked. Rip some of the forehands and mixing with pushy forehands too.

That first match gave him some confidence all right. Let see this at IW next week. That would be the test.

The pushy FH actually isn't all that bad if it's mixed in with the flat bomb; I've actually seen Roddick use it to pull the guy out wide and draw an attackable short ball.

Mind you, he normally pushes the short ball he gets, but it looks like he's starting to rip it again so that's a good sign :D

devila
03-01-2012, 06:27 PM
i don't see roddick possessing too little power. i just see a large and lazy, unintelligent roddick who has worse than average flexibility. he's overweight like his brother and mother... he's still in denial.

he lost his serve to a journeyman, and could've played another tiebreak if he hadn't saved break point at 6-5. time to retire... unluckily. stubborn biotch will play in the olympics with cow serena,:oops:

Qubax
03-01-2012, 06:40 PM

I doubt you'll read it. And that's okay. But I posted this about 10 days ago.

I for one am NOT surprised he's hitting out on his FH wing. And the only thing we need to see more of it is Roddick staying healthy.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=414403

swordtennis
03-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I doubt you'll read it. And that's okay. But I posted this about 10 days ago.

I for one am NOT surprised he's hitting out on his FH wing. And the only thing we need to see more of it is Roddick staying healthy.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=414403

Hey man good stuff.
Roddick has left parts of himself out on those courts.
Giving his all,blood sweat tears war....
Hope he beats Federer bad before he retires.
:)

floridatennisdude
03-01-2012, 08:05 PM
I am saying Federer and Roddick have declined. Federer can compete but won win on the big stages except of the faster conditions.

Roddick....had a more severe mono, his body is breaking down. He not getting the same explosive as 2010. He played a few good matches this year. Dubai 2008 was tennis near his best level. As much as I like him.....I don't think he can play like that ever again.

Federer psychologically positive and that has decreased his decline rate. Roddick with all his emotions and scars.....is hitting rock bottom.

Maybe you would see Roddick at his best for 3 games per a match....and then he is gone.

Whether you are a fan or not.....sometimes you got to see that their is sense in believing in a false illusion. Roddick isn't coming back like that.

I get that fed isn't as study as he was 4-5 years ago, but do you realize he is 29-2 since the US Open?