PDA

View Full Version : When will Del Potro win his first Masters title

NadalAgassi
03-01-2012, 02:43 PM
One big piece missing from Del Potro's career is that he has yet to win a Masters title. In fact the U.S Open title is his only title above 500 level. The most famous invididual to not win a Masters title was Yevgeny Kafelnikov, a former World #1 and 2 time Slam winner, who completed his career having never won a Masters. Del Potro should win one at some point, as he is a far more talented player than the overachieving 2 slam winner Kafelnikov.

When do you think Del Potro's first Masters title will be. Will it be this year sometime, in a later year, or never.

kishnabe
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Toronto, Cincinatti, Paris are his best chances.

We all know how well he can play on the Summer HC swing (08,09) and Indoor Tennis (09). He getting there.....I don't know if it is this year.

The top 4 look menacing.....Federer may drop down to 5-6 in the future....and Del Potro can take the 4th spot. If he can do that....then his chances will go up since facing 3 of the Top4 to win a MS1000 or a slam is tough.

He done 2 before....so we will see. Hope the usual trend of top 4 players wins MS1000 stops this year.

Tammo
03-01-2012, 02:48 PM
I would sayy Paris or Shanghai. Possibly at Cincy or Toronto, but in the fall is his best hope.

DjokovicForTheWin
03-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Probably best to ask a poster like davey25 or thelivest.

Clarky21
03-01-2012, 02:57 PM
As long as Djesus is still breathing he won't win one unless he really,really improves. He couldn't beat Djesus when he was playing the best tennis of his career.

NadalAgassi
03-01-2012, 03:01 PM
As long as Djesus is still breathing he won't win one unless he really,really improves. He couldn't beat Djesus when he was playing the best tennis of his career.

Djesus wont win every Masters. Are you saying he will win all 9, LOL! So there will be room for some others. Whether that will be Del Potro in any of them this year or not remains to be seen.

celoft
03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Maybe Shanghai when most top players will be tired.

I think he will peak at the USO and during the fall. If he makes the WTF, he might do well there.