PDA

View Full Version : IG Radical MP: Actually useable in stock form

TaihtDuhShaat
03-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Finally a frame that doesn't need lead at the top of the grip. It seems Head is not competing with the polarized whippy 6.1's and babolats here, instead going for a quick feeling traditional setup where the racquet head stays in line with the hand thru the swing.

If just adding an overgrip, the MgR/I bumps up from 20.87 to 20.94. A very smooth balance for accurate hitting and changing direction. Adding a leather grip, overgrip and 4g at 3&9 yields a value of ~21.

A leather grip, overgrip and 4g at 3&9 and you have a nice easy to use balanced setup at 338g, 32.6cm, 327SW. That would be great for a hard hitting baseliner.

Then if you wanted to make it more HL for all court play, you could add 10g in the buttcap to the above setup, and have yourself a 348g, 31.65cm, 328SW all court machine.

Compared to the YT's 20.4 sluggish swing period, this thing is gonna feel like an extension of the arm in comparison.

Ten_nuts
03-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi, and thanks for your experiments. I used Wilson leather grip + 1 Yonex overgrip + 6g lead tape at 12. This setup gave me a feeling that the racquet is heavy (i also use 1 dampener, so the total weight of mine is 11.82 oz, and the othe 2 are 11.81 oz and 11.81 oz), but the swing weight is around 310 to 315 max. It's great for hard hitting at the baseline but also awesome for net and overhead because it has low swing weight. I think i am going to play with these racquets for a long long time.

parasailing
03-01-2012, 10:47 PM
I just got one from TW. Will be trying it out this weekend to see how well it plays. I am currently using a PSTGT and will try the recommendations both of you have offered.

The Head Radical Pro was a disappointment, had high hopes that it would compete with the PSTGT but it felt sluggish compared to the PSTGT even though the SW is lower than the PSTGT. I guess that's what demos are for :).