PDA

View Full Version : Handle Differences?

thienzsch
03-02-2012, 12:20 PM
I was wondering if the mold of a racket handle from Racket "A" are the exact same as the Racket "B" from the same company?

Because I have a KSix.One 95 L2
and I'm currently demoing a Blade 98 and the Blade 98 L2 handle feels a little rounder?

scotus
03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
I was wondering if the mold of a racket handle from Racket "A" are the exact same as the Racket "B" from the same company?

and I'm currently demoing a Blade 98 and the Blade 98 L2 handle feels a little rounder?

No, I don't know about Wilson, but companies like Head and Volkl have a couple of different handle shapes.

corners
03-02-2012, 05:04 PM

Wilson seems to have two handle shapes although they don't advertise them. One is a little rounder, more like Prince, and another is a little flatter, more like Dunlop. I have a bunch of old Wilson wood racquets and they have the rounder type. Most of the current racquets seem to have the flatter ones. Some of the first generation BLX racquets had rounder handles than the 2012 versions.