PDA

View Full Version : Foot trouble - need new shoes!

fitmom
03-02-2012, 12:34 PM
after dealing with pain in the outside edge of my left foot for several weeks, i'm ready to try new shoes to see if that solves the problem. i'm currently wearing asics - never really thought they were all that comfy but they came highly recommended - but am in the market for something different. i play mostly on hard courts, mostly singles (high 4.0), and have a sort-of narrow foot. any recs will be most appreciated!

Chas Tennis
03-02-2012, 12:55 PM
after dealing with pain in the outside edge of my left foot for several weeks, i'm ready to try new shoes to see if that solves the problem. i'm currently wearing asics - never really thought they were all that comfy but they came highly recommended - but am in the market for something different. i play mostly on hard courts, mostly singles (high 4.0), and have a sort-of narrow foot. any recs will be most appreciated!

Similar narrow foot. I am size 13 1/2 after a recent size increase.

On both feet I have irritation/pain at the mid-foot joint of the long bone that ends with the little toe, about the middle of the side of my foot at a visible joint. I have some other foot issues but believe that most shoes have a seam there that may aggravate the side of the foot. ?

Feel the inside of your shoes. Do the shoes causing you the pain have a seam very near the irritation? Some of my shoes have a more prominent seam than others.

For me NB had some options in shoe width. Addidas seemed to be cut a little narrower in large sizes whereas most shoes get too wide for me.

Please post if you find out what the problem is.

fitmom
03-02-2012, 01:03 PM
thanks for the input, chas. i'll let you know if i find out anything. i'm a women's size 7-8, depending on the brand, so my feet are about avg, i guess.

ArliHawk
03-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Adidas Barricades are nice and Babolat Propulse's with their fit frame may work, too.

fitmom
03-03-2012, 08:47 AM
going to try on several pair now - will report back! thanks for the advice!