PDA

View Full Version : Which Wilson Racket Is For Me?

MethodTennis
03-03-2012, 03:51 AM
Looking for a Racket from about 310grams unstrung to 315

95-98inch head

7-11HL

MUST BE A WILSON AND FROM THE CURRENT RANGE

Any comment on the BLX Blade

I know I asked something similar recntly but now needs to be a wilson

Cheers in advance

sansaephanh
03-03-2012, 03:59 AM
Looking for a Racket from about 310grams unstrung to 315

95-98inch head

7-11HL

MUST BE A WILSON AND FROM THE CURRENT RANGE

Any comment on the BLX Blade

I know I asked something similar recntly but now needs to be a wilson

Cheers in advance

racket finder tool...

MethodTennis
03-04-2012, 02:56 AM
racket finder tool...

Ive used it, but I was looking more for what people on here thought of each racket rather than some meaningless statistical break down

sixone90
03-04-2012, 02:57 AM
Why does it have to be Wilson?

Chyeaah
03-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Why does it have to be Wilson?

He probably has a sponsorship or can get a very decent price on them, or a person that just likes FedEx so much that he has to play with a Wilson (take into mind that these people don't play very well).

He is waiting for people to suggest the PSBLX 95 because thats the racquet that fits into that categories.

ArliHawk
03-04-2012, 04:43 AM
He probably has a sponsorship or can get a very decent price on them, or a person that just likes FedEx so much that he has to play with a Wilson (take into mind that these people don't play very well).

He is waiting for people to suggest the PSBLX 95 because thats the racquet that fits into that categories.

What about the Pro Open?

MethodTennis
03-04-2012, 10:15 AM

Yeah part of my deal that I have to use them,which sucks but hey can't beat the free stuff!

Yeah I think its going to be between the blade 98 and the 313 gram wilson one which I think is the PS 95? Has anyone played with either of them or any of the other wilsons and would like to make a comment on them

MethodTennis
03-04-2012, 10:17 AM
What about the Pro Open?

What about the Juiced Pro

fundrazer
03-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Why don't you just demo a few of the one's with your specs. You'll have a better idea of what you like than anyone else here, especially since you've basically told us nothing about your skill level or playstyle.

MethodTennis
03-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Why don't you just demo a few of the one's with your specs. You'll have a better idea of what you like than anyone else here, especially since you've basically told us nothing about your skill level or playstyle.

I play at a pretty good level I dont really know how the ntrp system works so couldnt tell you anything in terms of ranking or rating.

Deuces Wild
03-04-2012, 10:40 AM
The Blade 98 doesn't fit your specs. Great stick though.

MethodTennis
03-04-2012, 10:43 AM
The Blade 98 doesn't fit your specs. Great stick though.

6 grams light or there abouts. not a huge deal

Deuces Wild
03-04-2012, 10:53 AM
I meant the 2pt HL balance. It has a 335 swing weight.

MethodTennis
03-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I meant the 2pt HL balance. It has a 335 swing weight.

Ohh never noticed that I thought it would have been similar to the kblade tour in balance :S 10 grams of lead would bring the weight up to what I like and improve the balance I guess. We're talking unstrung balance here yeah?

Deuces Wild
03-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Ohh never noticed that I thought it would have been similar to the kblade tour in balance :S 10 grams of lead would bring the weight up to what I like and improve the balance I guess. We're talking unstrung balance here yeah?

The BLX Blade Tour and K Blade Tour have a 93 head size. Demo the Blade 98 though, it's great if you can handle the SW.

Chezbeeno
03-04-2012, 07:36 PM
The Blade and the PS 95 are way different in terms of feel, the Juice Pro is the same, can you not demo any of these? If not then you should at least give us something to go on in terms of your playing style.

MethodTennis
03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
The Blade and the PS 95 are way different in terms of feel, the Juice Pro is the same, can you not demo any of these? If not then you should at least give us something to go on in terms of your playing style.

Average Serve. Slice second normally. Okay net game for singles. Pretty good dubs player and net game for that. Grind from the back usually, quick on my feet. Not particularly agressive