PDA

View Full Version : stringing in Orlando

Kenny022593
03-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Hey guys, if anyone has been following my thread in the college talk tennis section you know I fractured my ankle and am out for 6-10 weeks.

RIT is on spring break and we are in Four Corners (?) Florida to play matches against some better schools to get ready for out entrance into Liberty league. We have no machine here and the place that we know is pretty damn expensive so I was wondering if there was anyone here that could help out? We are here for the next week and between the guys and the girls we have 11 matches. Just shoot me an email with details if anyone is close enough and willing to help. Kenny022593 (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks guys!

P.s. I am 1 of the stringers for the team too. That probably doesn't matter since I am an internet stranger and no one would want a stranger using their machine, but I'm just putting it out there.

i3602u
03-03-2012, 07:42 AM
hey Kenny

Just want to say good luck finding a stringer down in Orlando.

As an RIT Alum must say go Go Tigers!! Go RIT Hopefully you find someone down in Florida to help you out.

I know drakulie on these boards is from Ft. Lauderdale but I'm sure he knows the other stringers in FL on this board and if there is anyone is from Orlando

mikeler
03-03-2012, 11:26 AM
What kind of price are you looking to pay and how far are you willing to drive? Gas ain't exactly cheap these days, so you may be better off paying more but traveling less.

Kenny022593
03-03-2012, 01:11 PM
What kind of price are you looking to pay and how far are you willing to drive? Gas ain't exactly cheap these days, so you may be better off paying more but traveling less.

I really don't know, mikeler. The one club that we know is like $25-$30 labor charge. It all depends.

mikeler
03-03-2012, 01:24 PM
How far are you from Lake Cane Tennis Center? They charge $15 as does a TW competitor with a store located in the same area.

Kenny022593
03-03-2012, 01:32 PM
How far are you from Lake Cane Tennis Center? They charge $15 as does a TW competitor with a store located in the same area.

I guess we are close to there, so woo! Thanks mikeler. I didn't know there was a TW competitor in florida... more business for TW! :)

BobFL
03-03-2012, 01:46 PM

I think he is looking to pay in Greek govt bonds if you know what I mean LOL

Kenny022593
03-03-2012, 02:15 PM
I think he is looking to pay in Greek govt bonds if you know what I mean LOL

We have no money... :twisted:

BobFL
03-03-2012, 03:26 PM
We have no money... :twisted:

Yeah I got that. My reading comprehension (between the lines in particular) is pretty good. Somehow you managed to confused my very smart neighbor mikeler and that is something :)

Now, I suggest you say it as it is - we want stringing for free. Btw, how do you fund a whole trip with no benjamins? Just curious :)

lefty10spro
03-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Fire me an email Kenny. My shop is in Haines City and my usual labor charge is $20 plus tax. I will cut that in half for your college team and I am much closer to you than Lake Cane. My site (Lake Eva) is hosting several of the college spring break matches as well! I will not let you use my precious Prince 5000 stringer however!

Kenny022593
03-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah I got that. My reading comprehension (between the lines in particular) is pretty good. Somehow you managed to confused my very smart neighbor mikeler and that is something :)

Now, I suggest you say it as it is - we want stringing for free. Btw, how do you fund a whole trip with no benjamins? Just curious :)

We had to pay $400 each for the trip haha. I would never ask for free stringing, that would be a complete dick move. I hate it that I don't get paid to string for the team and I can't even imagine how a stranger would feel doing that.

Fire me an email Kenny. My shop is in Haines City and my usual labor charge is $20 plus tax. I will cut that in half for your college team and I am much closer to you than Lake Cane. My site (Lake Eva) is hosting several of the college spring break matches as well! I will not let you use my precious Prince 5000 stringer however!

I got your email. I will show it to my coach tomorrow morning. Thanks!

i3602u
03-03-2012, 08:46 PM
lefty10spro - that is so nice of you to cut your labor charge in half for the team.

That is the spRIT of TT haha :-)

mixedmedia
03-03-2012, 08:52 PM
...I hate it that I don't get paid to string for the team and I can't even imagine how a stranger would feel doing that...

You don't get paid to string for your team? That isn't standard practice, is it...?

mikeler
03-04-2012, 09:52 AM

Thread over. Closer and cheaper than Lake Cane.

Kenny022593
03-06-2012, 02:51 PM
I would like to thank Jeff (lefty10spro) on here even though I did in person yesterday. Thank you, Jeff.

I have nothing but good things to say and so do my teammates. I just can't believe he runs his shop all by himself! Thanks a lot, Jeff! The week isn't over yet though :)

mikeler
03-07-2012, 04:17 AM
I would like to thank Jeff (lefty10spro) on here even though I did in person yesterday. Thank you, Jeff.

I have nothing but good things to say and so do my teammates. I just can't believe he runs his shop all by himself! Thanks a lot, Jeff! The week isn't over yet though :)

Is he really a lefty? :)

lefty10spro
03-07-2012, 10:07 AM

More attractive, creative, athletic, and intelligent! Lefties rule!

Power Player
03-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Are you by chance playing in winter park? lots of college teams have been here this week.

Kenny022593
03-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Are you by chance playing in winter park? lots of college teams have been here this week.

In all honesty... The only place I know that we played at was Star Island. I don't know the names of the other places. They were schools though.

It depends what you define as "being a lefty." :)

Power Player
03-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Star island is in Miami though..

??

mikeler
03-08-2012, 04:41 AM
More attractive, creative, athletic, and intelligent! Lefties rule!

Well played. :)

Kenny022593
03-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Star island is in Miami though..

??

I guess there is one in Orlando too?

Power Player
03-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Ahh there is..it's a resort in Kissimmee. I don't know much about that side of town. Is it nice?

Kenny022593
03-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Ahh there is..it's a resort in Kissimmee. I don't know much about that side of town. Is it nice?

Yeah it is pretty nice. At least the resort is. We haven't really gone out to see the sites.

Power Player
03-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Are you 21 or have an ID? If so let me know, and I can tell you good spots to party at night if you get bored and have some transportation.

mikeler
03-09-2012, 06:08 AM
Yeah it is pretty nice. At least the resort is. We haven't really gone out to see the sites.

You are actually not too far away from where I live. Enjoy the weather and the tennis.