PDA

View Full Version : AG 100 Vs. BM 100 Vs. BM 200L Vs. EXO3 Tour 16x18 Vs. PS6.1 95 BLX

rapidfire77
03-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Awright! got the demos, hit with them plenty, quenched my curiosity...and thought to share

My current racket is the AG 100 was looking for more power. It is customized with long strips of led between 2-4 and 7-9. I string it low to get some power, but with that much led I do not get enough whip. I have long loopy swings, and can generate my own power...played college tennis in the past...I am decent. I picked these frames based on their similarity to the AG 100 with minor variances.

1- Vs BM 100
the way the BM 100 is now weighted almost to a similar configuration to what i got on my AG 100. the BM 100 offers more control (two grades up), and feels stiffer, slightly livelier. It is slightly more difficult to swing in its stock configuration, and also doesn't give any penny extra for power. Verdict = Skip it, these small headed frames need to start coming with a little more pop or else they are going to vanish in the modern game).

2- Vs BM 200Lite
This was the surprise of the bunch. found supreme control. feels stiff and a bit livelier than the BM 100 and AG 100. certainly has more power but not much. it is almost even balanced so it didn't allow much for a whip and feels about the same as my current AG in the swing weight department. but as i hit relaxed from the back it gaves good spin and fun slice, i could direct it as i wish. Verdict = Highly recommend if you are struggling with the 100 series and want a notch higher in forgiveness and power. but mostly...it's one of the best for control.

3- Vs EXO3 tour 16x18
now this racket is puzzling. it's the most comfortable of the bunch. but the control??? very unpredictable. maybe because TW sent it to me with nylon...but i've hit with this frame and i keep coming back to it because it's thin, has an open pattern, and the comfort gives a unique dampened feel and a bit of a wide sweet spot...that compromises accuracy. Verdict = not sure, got to take it out again with a better string and see the outcome when i swing big to come in. from the back...i can hit all day, but i need bigger margins for error.

4- Vs PS 6.1 95 BLX.
seriously, this racket is a WHATEVER. it swings sweet and definitely has the best feel of all but does nothing like you'd expect it to be. i found it on the unpredictable side. the only thing i liked about it is in volleying. Verdict = a fed frame wannabe. you'll be frustrated feeling every shot but can't manage to control it.

I am sticking to my AG 100 for now. There are few more frames that I hope to demo...and I might give the 200 Lite a serious consideration...because it offers what big swingers need...control above all.

Feel free to pitch in if you have any experience with any of them.

anirut
03-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Get the 4D100.

CHOcobo
03-03-2012, 07:04 PM
agreed. i love my 4D100. i have the Bio200 but haven't had the chance to give it a go yet.

my return game is poor in general and its hard to let the 4D100 go. lol. if no change is made after i try the Bio200 then im staying with the 4D100 for good.

The Dampener
03-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Every one of the Bio models have triedówith maybe the exception of the 300 Touróplays inferior to it's 4D counterpart...wait for it...in my opinion. And the 100 may be the perfect example.

rapidfire77
03-03-2012, 08:13 PM
you guys are making me curious to try the 4D100. does it have more power/more control or no?

ShiroRm
03-03-2012, 09:03 PM
if you hit flat, try the Prestige Ig Mid
yesterday, I played my fourth match with it and I have to admit my game is more effective using it: more power and more predictability/control

the ag100 4D seems to me a very nice racquet and a little better model than the original ag100
but the 18x20 string pattern, the higher weight and the grip shape of the Prestige Ig Mid help me more: I hit flat and hard with more confidence; slice shots come easier; and returning heavy serves isn't a worry anymore

ZeroSkid
03-03-2012, 09:33 PM
I also felt the exo3 tour was lacking control

tata
03-03-2012, 09:38 PM
perhaps you should give the 18x20 exo tour a try if you found the 16x18 unpredictable. a tighter pattern should firm up the response and tame the power

anirut
03-04-2012, 02:58 AM
Get the 4D100.

Also, try the PK Black Ace 93 at 55 lbs (syn gut) with slight tail weight (not more than 4 grams distributed) and see how you like it.

Of the AG100, the 4D100 and the Bio100, the 4D100 rules! Period.

rapidfire77
03-06-2012, 08:04 AM
perhaps you should give the 18x20 exo tour a try if you found the 16x18 unpredictable. a tighter pattern should firm up the response and tame the power

never been a fan of dense patterns...i don't know why but i get a better feel when the pattern is open.

cknobman
03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
I demo'ed a 200 lite and a PS 95 BLX as well.

The 200 lite was the biggest surprise racquet I have played with in quite a while. Great feel, easy to swing, solid off both wings, and cheap. Struggling with why this thing is not more popular. I liked it so much I just traded my EXO3 tour 16x18 for it on the boards.

The PS 95 BLX was pretty good too and I would not mind owning one. Definitely a small sweet spot but absolutely effortless to swing and can generate some massive head speed with it. Served like a demon with it and volleys were sick. Backhand (I have a one hander) suffered a bit though and I feel it would need some weight to fix it.

I play(played) with a EXO3 Tour 16x18 for the last year and was pretty happy with it but the control was iffy. The reason (at least for me) was that strings seemed to loose tension too fast with this frame. Also the frame is very comfortable and flexy so much so that they just about overdid it and made the frame feel muted.

rapidfire77
03-09-2012, 03:04 PM
I demo'ed a 200 lite and a PS 95 BLX as well.

The 200 lite was the biggest surprise racquet I have played with in quite a while. Great feel, easy to swing, solid off both wings, and cheap. Struggling with why this thing is not more popular. I liked it so much I just traded my EXO3 tour 16x18 for it on the boards.

The PS 95 BLX was pretty good too and I would not mind owning one. Definitely a small sweet spot but absolutely effortless to swing and can generate some massive head speed with it. Served like a demon with it and volleys were sick. Backhand (I have a one hander) suffered a bit though and I feel it would need some weight to fix it.

I play(played) with a EXO3 Tour 16x18 for the last year and was pretty happy with it but the control was iffy. The reason (at least for me) was that strings seemed to loose tension too fast with this frame. Also the frame is very comfortable and flexy so much so that they just about overdid it and made the frame feel muted.

yes the 200 lite is a pleasant surprise. it made me nostalgic of the control i had with my old RD-7. the only down side to it is a little wobble that can be fixed with some weight. i also didn't think that it had the best feel.

any idea on the new EXO3 tour? i want to wait and see what it will offer. the prince concept is correct. love the thin frame, open pattern, and the ease to of swing. someone here suggested the denser pattern. have you tried it?

the ps95 was never a successful model for wilson. at 95, it's probably better to go for the regular blx 95. oh well...i wish these companies would open custom frames for customers. i often find a frame i like but the denser pattern isn't my thing.

ZeroSkid
03-09-2012, 04:45 PM
would go with a custom vantage 95

cknobman
03-12-2012, 07:39 AM
I have not heard anything on a new EXO3 tour but will definitely look into it.

Have not tried the 18x20 but maybe I should. Tried that pattern on other racquets in the past and just never warmed up to it. Always seemed hard for me to generate enough spin with it.

rapidfire77
03-18-2012, 10:03 AM
I have not heard anything on a new EXO3 tour but will definitely look into it.

Have not tried the 18x20 but maybe I should. Tried that pattern on other racquets in the past and just never warmed up to it. Always seemed hard for me to generate enough spin with it.

ditto that, i hear a lot that denser means more control but for some reason i am sensitive enough that a thin gauge with an open pattern gives me the best feedback i want.