PDA

View Full Version : Prince EXO3 Rebel Team 98 - Has anyone tried it?

etd
03-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Has anyone tried the Prince EXO3 Rebel Team 98 yet? Looking for a lighter racquet for my Dad to demo. Has the feel of this racquet improved like the regular Prince EXO3 Rebel 98?

Thanks for your help!

BC1
03-03-2012, 08:45 PM
I demoed it for only 10 mi or so. It feels very similar to the rebel 98, and plays similar as well. The weight difference didnt seem much different, i guess do to weight distribution. Its a nice raquet. Takes a few minutes to get use to but once u do,its fairly easy to play with. However, even though its a team, it is still a rebel, which means u still have to treat it like a players racquet, good strokes and footwork will be needed to get the most out of it. Im not sure how different the team is over the regular version. I didnt see a big enough advantage to go with the team, so i went with the standard rebel 98. You will need to demo both, your experience and perceptions could be very different. Let us know how it goes.

tlm
03-03-2012, 09:40 PM
I demoed it last night and i was pretty surprised, the pro at my club wanted me to try it otherwise i would have never given this stick a chance.

I was surprised how well i hit with it even though it was way lighter than my normal asian blx 90. I use a lot of top spin and this racket has plenty of spin available. I was surprised at how much control this racket had, but it also had good power.

For its light weight it was still pretty stable, great feel and really comfy. So today i demoed it again and also used the regular version which is a little heavier. I thought for sure the heavier one which is still only 11.2 ounces would be much better. But it had more power and was tougher to control than the team.

But i am sure with different strings and higher tension it could be tamed down, but right now i like the team version better. Will be demoing both in the next week and see which one i like better.

JackB1
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
if anyone's interested, check this out
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=417004

tlm
03-15-2012, 07:33 PM
I have been using the team and the regular version 98 rebel. For me the team is the better racket. I added some weight to the bottom of the handle so it weighs 11.1 ounces and is 5 points HL now which plays very nice.

The newer demo i received of the regular 98 rebel weighed 11.4 ounces and was only 2 points HL which is not the specs i like were i need at least 5 points HL. So this racket disappoints me because i would have to get the weight up to at least 11 3/4 ounces to get the balance correct. So to me the team is nicer because you have so much more room to customize.

The team hits great spin, very easy racket head speed with good control. Very nice serving racket for being so light and decent plow through. I love the flex and comfy feel, plus with the fairly thin beam it has very good control, does not feel like a rocket launcher. This could be my new racket of choice.