PDA

View Full Version : How come Babolat doesn't want TW to ship its equipment to Canada?

TheCanadian
03-04-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm very disappointment with Babolat. I'm thinking of changing my entire gear to Wilson.

Dave M
03-04-2012, 12:09 PM
This has been asked before in this section, truth is they do (obviously) want your custom but they want you to buy it from the retailer/importer who has secured the deal for the relevent country.

TheCanadian
03-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Why? They're losing business. Why haven't other companies followed suit? It's obviously very bad for TW.

Fuji
03-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Same thing happened with Wilson I noticed today. My heart is broken.

-Fuji

jmverdugo
03-06-2012, 04:18 PM
They are definitely not losing business - none of them. TW is allowed to sell Babolat within the US but they are not allowed to sell anywhere else, for this they get distributor prices and probably a lot more, this is their deal and a good one.

On the other hand you have the local Canadian tennis stores, they have to import the products and pay for those expenses, and pay for local taxes, they also may have to add these expenses to their sales prices so probably sales prices in Canada are maybe a bit higher than in the US, if they do not get back up from Babolat they would lose against internet stores as TW.

Babolat needs local support for promotion, warranty issues, sponsorships, etc so they must protect their local reps/dist.

This is how things work, hey! if you have free universal health care the least you can do is pay a little bit more for tennis racquets dont you think :) j/k

PhotoBlue
03-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Do you guys have a big tennis store in Canada?

TheCanadian
03-06-2012, 08:21 PM
They are definitely not losing business - none of them. TW is allowed to sell Babolat within the US but they are not allowed to sell anywhere else, for this they get distributor prices and probably a lot more, this is their deal and a good one.

On the other hand you have the local Canadian tennis stores, they have to import the products and pay for those expenses, and pay for local taxes, they also may have to add these expenses to their sales prices so probably sales prices in Canada are maybe a bit higher than in the US, if they do not get back up from Babolat they would lose against internet stores as TW.

Babolat needs local support for promotion, warranty issues, sponsorships, etc so they must protect their local reps/dist.

This is how things work, hey! if you have free universal health care the least you can do is pay a little bit more for tennis racquets dont you think :) j/k

What you're saying could as easily apply to American states.

Fuji
03-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Do you guys have a big tennis store in Canada?

Not that I am aware, no.

-Fuji