PDA

View Full Version : IG Speed 16*19 vs IG Radical Pro

Veninga
03-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Guys,

Anyone played both?

Really interested in both. How would you compare them?

Power. + for the radical?
Spin. even.
Weight. radical feeling more heavy because of the higher swingweight?
Control. the same
Softness. + for the radical?
Overall: ?

And is the IG Speed something like a more stiff EXO3Tour?
And the Radical Pro, just a Radical with some more pop?

Have to decide today, so any advice would be helpfull.

falc02
03-05-2012, 02:39 AM
Guys,

Anyone played both?

Really interested in both. How would you compare them?

Power. + for the radical?
Spin. even.
Weight. radical feeling more heavy because of the higher swingweight?
Control. the same
Softness. + for the radical?
Overall: ?

And is the IG Speed something like a more stiff EXO3Tour?
And the Radical Pro, just a Radical with some more pop?

Have to decide today, so any advice would be helpfull.

I recently bought the radical pro (was between that the prestige MP and the dunlop 300T). I have not hit with the speed 16x19 only a friends YT speed pro (18x20), however everything you have summed up in the above table is correct.

The radical pro gets easier power, feels a little heavier in the hand (however I have added 10g of lead to the handle to increase its HL). I also found that radical had a larger sweet spot. I felt slightly more control with the speed pro, due to less flex in the head of the racquet. It is also definitely much stiffer. I still need to complete my customization of weight and then fiddle with some string. :)

If you have any more questions just let me know.

Kind Regards,
FALC

Veninga
03-05-2012, 07:42 AM
thanks, anyone else?

monomakh
03-05-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't have as much time to do this comparison as my last (YT RadPro v IG), but the pre-IG Speed was my main stick for a while and I played with the IG Speed extensively, but did not like.

From my personal rating database (ratings 0-5, no half points):
Racquet Power Control Spin Feel Comfort Serves Groundies Volleys Overall
Head Speed 16x19 4 4 5 4 3 5 5 4 4
Head IG Speed 16x19 3 5 5 3 3 4 4 4 3
Head IG Radical Pro 4 5 4 4 5 4 4 5 4

On the IG Speed - IGRP comparison, I get more power, comfort, feel from the RadPro, The IG Speed generated more spin.

I haven't updated the ratings, but I would probably rate them the same on control, actually, but I'm really dialed into the IGRP now.

Overall, I'm not sure what the Speed gives Head nowadays. It's crisp, but doesn't have the feel of the Prestige (and with the addition of the IG,there's no power difference), and it doesn't have the feel of the Radicals. It's a good stick and was great in particular at serves, but to me the Speed is sort of a jack of all trades, master of none, and fits in that lukewarm middle ground between the Prestige and Radical. That said, I loved the pre-IG Speed.

The Speed Pro is an entirely different beast. I have the pre-IG Speed Pro (16x19, very stiff, 340-350 swingweight) which can be a monster but was too stiff for me.

Veninga
03-05-2012, 08:20 AM
I don't have as much time to do this comparison as my last (YT RadPro v IG), but the pre-IG Speed was my main stick for a while and I played with the IG Speed extensively, but did not like.

From my personal rating database (ratings 0-5, no half points):
Racquet Power Control Spin Feel Comfort Serves Groundies Volleys Overall
Head Speed 16x19 4 4 5 4 3 5 5 4 4
Head IG Speed 16x19 3 5 5 3 3 4 4 4 3
Head IG Radical Pro 4 5 4 4 5 4 4 5 4

On the IG Speed - IGRP comparison, I get more power, comfort, feel from the RadPro, The IG Speed generated more spin.

I haven't updated the ratings, but I would probably rate them the same on control, actually, but I'm really dialed into the IGRP now.

Overall, I'm not sure what the Speed gives Head nowadays. It's crisp, but doesn't have the feel of the Prestige (and with the addition of the IG,there's no power difference), and it doesn't have the feel of the Radicals. It's a good stick and was great in particular at serves, but to me the Speed is sort of a jack of all trades, master of none, and fits in that lukewarm middle ground between the Prestige and Radical. That said, I loved the pre-IG Speed.

The Speed Pro is an entirely different beast. I have the pre-IG Speed Pro (16x19, very stiff, 340-350 swingweight) which can be a monster but was too stiff for me.

Compliments for this amazing interesting feedback. So thanks.

Two more questions:
- why did you go for the IGRP and did not stay at the Speed16*19?
- did you have the exo3 tour/Radical MP/Wilson Pro Tour also in your database? Or any other racket with same kind of specs?

Hope to hear from you soon.

bowchikawow
03-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi Venninga, I sent yo u an email in response to your email Hopefully you got it?

I would say the Head Youtek Speed Pro suits a more offensive baseline style as it really shines when you go after the ball and take a full swing with it, it is also a great serving racket. The radical seemed to suit a more defensive/counter-punching style and really served great as well and you could take you thought off the pedal a bit and get massive topspin. The radical definitely swings a bit easier and quicker. I would say the radical is an easier racket to play with and is good in all areas but the speed pro gives you a bit more accuracy and it really feels good when you middle it.

Veninga
03-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi Venninga, I sent yo u an email in response to your email Hopefully you got it?

I would say the Head Youtek Speed Pro suits a more offensive baseline style as it really shines when you go after the ball and take a full swing with it, it is also a great serving racket. The radical seemed to suit a more defensive/counter-punching style and really served great as well and you could take you thought off the pedal a bit and get massive topspin. The radical definitely swings a bit easier and quicker. I would say the radical is an easier racket to play with and is good in all areas but the speed pro gives you a bit more accuracy and it really feels good when you middle it.

bowchikawo, thanks again. gives a lot of usefull info.

did not get your email. can you send it directly to: arjanveninga hotmail

thanks.

bowchikawow
03-06-2012, 02:06 AM
bowchikawo, thanks again. gives a lot of usefull info.

did not get your email. can you send it directly to: arjanveninga hotmail

thanks.

Hi mate, email sent. Hopefully you got it, I sent it judt now, if you do not get it, then let me know. Cheers.

monomakh
03-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Compliments for this amazing interesting feedback. So thanks.

Two more questions:
- why did you go for the IGRP and did not stay at the Speed16*19?
- did you have the exo3 tour/Radical MP/Wilson Pro Tour also in your database? Or any other racket with same kind of specs?

Hope to hear from you soon.

I had a few racquets between the Speed and the IGRP. In chronological order, it went YT Prestige Pro, YT Radical Pro, and now IGRP. Prior to the Speed it was the Volkl PB10 mid, and Wilson 6.1.

I'm constantly trying racquets out, so I do have those in my personal database:

Short summary - I did not like the YT Rad MP much. Too light, wrong balance for me, lower powered, and I just don't get along with tight string patterns. Primarily it was the weight... I need something heftier.

exo3 Tour - love it from the ground, very arm friendly, low powered, but biggest failing for me was on serve. Also, if you hit with any kind of spin, the 16x18 chews through strings like no other racquet (gut-poly hybrid = less than 5 hours for me). In the end, it lost out to the YT Rad Pro.

I haven't done the Pro Tour, but I was a long time 6.1 user, so I have the BLX (and I have a new BLX 6.1 BLX I haven't given a real spin yet, but I expect it will be similar). Love them, but in the end I prefer the flex and feel of the Radical. My 6.1 weighs in at 364g.

Same fields as above:
..................... Power Control Spin Feel Comfort Serves Groundies Volleys Overall
exo3tour 100 16x18 3 4 5 4 5 3 4 4 4
Head Youtek Radical MP 3 4 3 3 4 4 4 3 3
Wilson BLX 6.1 95 16x18 4 5 5 3 3 4 5 3 4

Most of my racquets are in that 320g-ish unstrung player zone. Email me if you want and I'll send you a link to a google doc with my personal ratings (exciting, I know).

I switched from the Speed to the Prestige Pro because during match play, I simply won more points/matches with the Prestige (fewer easy points on serve, but slightly better control), and I love the feel of the PP (the feel of the Speed is kind of tinny and doesn't do much for me). I switched from the PP to the Radical Pro because of the massive increase in serve power and the much more arm friendly response... then spent the next 9 months working on my control to keep the ball in the court. (I still won more points with the PP). I prefer the Prestige feel, but love the Rad feel as well; they're entirely different. I thought the IG Speed kept the stiffness but reduced power too much and was a step back from the original Speed line.

The new IGRP toned down the power of the YTRP, so now it's perfect for me.

Veninga
03-09-2012, 11:38 PM
I had a few racquets between the Speed and the IGRP. In chronological order, it went YT Prestige Pro, YT Radical Pro, and now IGRP. Prior to the Speed it was the Volkl PB10 mid, and Wilson 6.1.

I'm constantly trying racquets out, so I do have those in my personal database:

Short summary - I did not like the YT Rad MP much. Too light, wrong balance for me, lower powered, and I just don't get along with tight string patterns. Primarily it was the weight... I need something heftier.

exo3 Tour - love it from the ground, very arm friendly, low powered, but biggest failing for me was on serve. Also, if you hit with any kind of spin, the 16x18 chews through strings like no other racquet (gut-poly hybrid = less than 5 hours for me). In the end, it lost out to the YT Rad Pro.

I haven't done the Pro Tour, but I was a long time 6.1 user, so I have the BLX (and I have a new BLX 6.1 BLX I haven't given a real spin yet, but I expect it will be similar). Love them, but in the end I prefer the flex and feel of the Radical. My 6.1 weighs in at 364g.

Same fields as above:
..................... Power Control Spin Feel Comfort Serves Groundies Volleys Overall
exo3tour 100 16x18 3 4 5 4 5 3 4 4 4
Head Youtek Radical MP 3 4 3 3 4 4 4 3 3
Wilson BLX 6.1 95 16x18 4 5 5 3 3 4 5 3 4

Most of my racquets are in that 320g-ish unstrung player zone. Email me if you want and I'll send you a link to a google doc with my personal ratings (exciting, I know).

I switched from the Speed to the Prestige Pro because during match play, I simply won more points/matches with the Prestige (fewer easy points on serve, but slightly better control), and I love the feel of the PP (the feel of the Speed is kind of tinny and doesn't do much for me). I switched from the PP to the Radical Pro because of the massive increase in serve power and the much more arm friendly response... then spent the next 9 months working on my control to keep the ball in the court. (I still won more points with the PP). I prefer the Prestige feel, but love the Rad feel as well; they're entirely different. I thought the IG Speed kept the stiffness but reduced power too much and was a step back from the original Speed line.

The new IGRP toned down the power of the YTRP, so now it's perfect for me.

Great reply, thanks for all the information.

Can you please send me you excel? Really interested. arjanveninga hotmail.

One more question about the IGSP vs YTSP. Did you say the IGSP reduced the power? Are there also any other differences? For example in comfort?

Thanks again.