PDA

View Full Version : Nadal leads the tennis world in Twitter followers 1.6 million so far

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Nadal has more Twitter followers than any ATP player - 1.6 million.

Nadal has 10 million Facebook fans, while the ever-calculating Federer also has 10 million Facebook fans.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/02/Features/Facebook-Federer-Surpasses-10-Million-Fans.aspx

The Spaniard leads all ATP World Tour players on Twitter with over 1.6 million followers.

Rozroz
03-05-2012, 01:51 AM
ok...............

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/eh-im-done.gif

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Many bored housewives with twitter accounts nowadays.

Twitter I think is more of a teen thing, honestly. It is the latest trend. Facebook is more the house-wifely thing, and will probably fall away in the next couple of years.

joeri888
03-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Even a friend of mine with a deeper love for Federer and a much deeper hate towards Nadal follows Rafa on twitter AND is his facebook fan. He just likes to know when to celebrate a new Nadalinjury I guess. :?

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-05-2012, 01:59 AM
I have recently made a myspace page, just to be different. I will never actively use it though. But myspace promotes the integration of people of different cultures more than facebook does. So I respect it more than facebook.

If someone doesn't speak English, they are unlikely to get to know people of English-speaking backgrounds by using facebook. Whereas myspace is more visual/musical and less 'wordy', so I respect it for the way it can bond the world together regardless of language.

aphex
03-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Twitter I think is more of a teen thing, honestly. It is the latest trend. Facebook is more the house-wifely thing, and will probably fall away in the next couple of years.

lol dulzilla

ThoughtCrime
03-05-2012, 02:03 AM
I have recently made a myspace page, just to be different. I will never actively use it though. But myspace promotes the integration of people of different cultures more than facebook does. So I respect it more than facebook.

If someone doesn't speak English, they are unlikely to get to know people of English-speaking backgrounds by using facebook. Whereas myspace is more visual/musical and less 'wordy', so I respect it for the way it can bond the world together regardless of language.

What... I thought most people used social networking sites to connect and share with people close to themselves, not strangers from other countries, there are other mediums for that.

aprilfool
03-05-2012, 02:10 AM
What... I thought most people used social networking sites to connect and share with people close to themselves, not strangers from other countries, there are other mediums for that.

Music, for example. Exactly what 2.0 said and I agree.

Magnus
03-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Facebook/Twitter fans mean nothing.

Nathaniel_Near
03-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Well worth the thread...

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Facebook/Twitter fans mean nothing.

Actually it makes the world go round but whatever. I don't use either, so I care not if you underrate the impact of the social networks. People have become as dependent on these mechanisms as they are on alcohol....in fact more so than alcohol probably.

Tennis_Hands
03-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Actually it makes the world go round but whatever.

Are you serious? Neither Facebook, nor Twitter (or any other online social network, for that matter) "make the world go round". They effectiveness in producing positive results in anything is so bad. Take tennis, for example. What kind of systematic, useful information can you get from them (because their purpose should be the distribution of information, if I am not mistaken)? Moreover, what impact do they have on your game?

sbengte
03-05-2012, 06:27 AM

Twitter is for people with low attention spans who are into the latest fad.
I don't see Nadal remaining the most talked about thing in tennis for too long.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Twitter is for people with low attention spans who are into the latest fad.
I don't see Nadal remaining the most talked about thing in tennis for too long.

The older Nadal gets the more records, hence the more to talk about. This year, an opportunity to tie the record for consecutive slam-winning years (eight straight, with Borg, Federer, Sampras), and win a record 7th Roland Garros title, and potentially reclaim the number one ranking and add to his 102 weeks, if Djokovic keeps losing in semis to guys like Murray. This is all further reasons to talk about Nadal, not to mention his off-court fun.

dudeski
03-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Many bored, valium-addicted housewives with twitter accounts nowadays.

I agree. Here is a typical one of them (lets call her Clarky21):
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2pZ36-6S-tg/SRuNtuDKC4I/AAAAAAAAA9U/lXTSl9Brg88/s400/pig-ugly-woman-fat-face.jpg

Here is how she wishes Nadal react when he sees her:

Nadal: "Me Gusta!"
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45782000/jpg/_45782436_nadal_getty_416.jpg

Here is what Nadal would actually do if he saw her:
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-09/249403340-06172229.jpg

monfed
03-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Ralph's popularity feeds off of Federer, in that he beat him more times than any other player. But Federer's popularity didn't stem from beating any one player in particular,he was owning the field like noone else. So to suggest that Nadal's more popular than Federer is delusional. I mean Federer was bracketed along with Woods and won multiple Laureus sports awards(beating sportsmen from other sports) which is more of a popularity contest.

Also to Nadal's detriment, he won the USO a bit too easily imo to complete the career slam in the sense that he won it the very first shot he got. It's certainly creditable that he did win it, but it wasn't nearly as epic as when Fed did it. Federer dropping to his knees will probably go down as the greatest sporting moment in history because the whole world felt he truly deserved it after losing final after final to ONLY one player.

Unfortunately, for Nadal he had his 3 slam year in 2010 which got overshadowed to a large part due to Spain's WC win. From what I've heard, winning the WC unites a country like no other sporting event. I'm sure in the tennis world it didn't go unnoticed, but then again we're comparing Federer level popularity here.

I don't even think Nadal's achieved Agassi-level fame but that's another matter.

sureshs
03-05-2012, 06:46 AM
So Nadal is better than Fed on Twitter, but Fed's game is more suited to Facebook?

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Ralph's popularity feeds off of Federer, in that he beat him more times than any other player. But Federer's popularity didn't stem from beating any one player in particular,he was owning the field like noone else. So to suggest that Nadal's more popular than Federer is delusional. I mean Federer was bracketed along with Woods and won multiple Laureus sports awards(beating sportsmen from other sports) which is more of a popularity contest.

Nadal won the 2010 Laureus Athlete of the Year award. Nadal is the only athlete ever to win the Laureus Newcomer of the Year award, and the Laureus Athlete of the Year.
http://answers.bettor.com/images/Articles/thumbs/extralarge/Spaniard-Rafael-Nadal-bags-Laureus-World-Sportsman-of-the-Year-Award-55275.jpg

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-05-2012, 06:50 AM
So Nadal is better than Fed on Twitter, but Fed's game is more suited to Facebook?

Nadal took up Facebook a lot later than Federer, and is only slightly behind. Nadal 9.9million, Federer 10million. Nadal will probably overtake him. Not that its a big deal or anything, just for clicks and giggles.

mandy01
03-05-2012, 06:51 AM

Roger is not on twitter in the first place.

monfed
03-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Nadal won the 2010 Laureus Athlete of the Year award. Nadal is the only athlete ever to win the Laureus Newcomer of the Year award, and the Laureus Athlete of the Year.

Cool and Fed's won Laureus sportsman of the year(the biggest Laureus award) 4 consecutive times(for 04,05,06,07), only man to do so. Nadal's done it only once and it's unlikely he'll do it again unless he wins 3 slams a year. Heck in Nadal's breakthrough year of 2008, he got pipped by Usain Bolt. That's popularity for you.

And thanks for omitting the rest of my post which solidifies my case.

GasquetGOAT
03-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Nadal won the 2010 Laureus Athlete of the Year award. Nadal is the only athlete ever to win the Laureus Newcomer of the Year award, and the Laureus Athlete of the Year.[/B]

Which is a bigger achievement?

A, the only athlete ever to win the Laureus Newcomer of the Year award, and the Laureus Athlete of the Year.

or

B, the only athlete ever to get beaten by King Novak in seven straight finals (and counting), and had to result to challenge his own serve coz he's getting owned on live TV, for the seventh time.

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 07:27 AM
So what. He could have 50 million FB fans and 50 million Twitter followers for all I care. He hasn't won a title for nearly a year,and that's what matters most. I think he should be focused on actually winning something and not on how many people look at his Twitter/FB page every day. And since he won't be winning a darn thing any time soon those numbers might just take a hit sooner rather than later. Especially with the way he has become a pathetic disaster in finals,and how badly his play has deteriorated over the past year.

monfed
03-05-2012, 07:29 AM
So what. He could have 50 million FB fans and 50 million Twitter followers for all I care. He hasn't won a title for nearly a year,and that's what matters most. I think he should be focused on actually winning something and not on how many people look at his Twitter/FB page every day.
And since he won't be winning a darn thing any time soon those numbers might just take a hit sooner rather than later. Especially with the way he has become a pathetic disaster in finals,and how badly his play has deteriorated over the past year.

Yea right...

CocaCola
03-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Nadal es dios.

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Yea right...

Enlighten me then. Just exactly what do you think he will be winning any time soon? Humpty Dumpty is playing MC so that ain't happening,and we all know he won't be winning IW or Miami,either. Barcelona? Big deal. I am talking about tournaments that matter,and Barcelona is small potatoes in that regard. Besides,even Barca isn't guaranteed with the way he's been playing.

monfed
03-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Enlighten me then. Just exactly what do you think he will be winning any time soon? Humpty Dumpty is playing MC so that ain't happening,and we all know he won't be winning IW or Miami,either. Barcelona? Big deal. I am talking about tournaments that matter,and Barcelona is small potatoes in that regard. Besides,even Barca isn't guaranteed with the way he's been playing.

You're saying Nadal won't win a single clay masters? :shock:

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 07:39 AM
You're saying Nadal won't win a single clay masters? :shock:

Yep,that's what I am saying. Why is that strange considering what happened last year? Makes perfect sense to me.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Yep,that's what I am saying. Why is that strange considering what happened last year? Makes perfect sense to me.

Considering what happened last year?

Nadal won 2011 Monte Carlo Masters. You even argue facts!

Nadal also won Roland Garros btw, in case you missed it.

monfed

So essentially you're saying that Djokovic will do the clay sweep?

St. Bernard
Federer was in a weak era of social networking, only reason his Facebook numbers are so high - Nadal is the true GOAT of social media, look at his numbers compared to Laver, he blows him out of the water.

tennis_pro
03-05-2012, 07:53 AM
ROTFL about no of facebook likes determining who's more popular. In reality, Nadal isn't even half as popular as Federer, the only tournament when he's getting more support than Federer himself is Madrid for obvious reasons.

Btw I bet nearly every Fed fan who follows him on facebook also has Nadal in his "likes" (just as I do) just to see what's going on. If one could choose only 1 player to follow, Federer would gather 3/4 of the votes.

monfed
03-05-2012, 07:55 AM
ROTFL about no of facebook likes determining who's more popular. In reality, Nadal isn't even half as popular as Federer, the only tournament when he's getting more support than Federer himself is Madrid for obvious reasons.

Btw I bet nearly every Fed fan who follows him on facebook also has Nadal in his "likes" (just as I do) just to see what's going on. If one could choose only 1 player to follow, Federer would gather 3/4 of the votes.

True, his popularity feeds off of Federer.

Sartorius
03-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Not that its a big deal or anything, just for clicks and giggles.

Sweet child, you are the clicks and giggles.

pvaudio
03-05-2012, 08:04 AM

Um no. Myspace is about absolutely nothing useful, hence it was ousted by Facebook as the dominant medium. Facebook can actually be used for more than just seeing what's going on with THamAZEinWUN and his 13453 friends. Students make private groups for school projects, companies promote products, etc. Facebook isn't going anywhere, and definitely not due to Twitter which is worthless. There is a reason why Facebook just went public.

pvaudio
03-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Does Federer even have a Twitter?

OddJack
03-05-2012, 09:11 AM
well what do you expect, most of them are looking for tips on doping

CMM
03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
At the beginning of the year there was a difference of almost 500.000 likes on their facebook pages. Now it's around 120.000.
Rafa's catching up.

Agassifan
03-05-2012, 10:51 AM
but federer leads the tennis world with 16 slams so far.

kishnabe
03-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Facebook and Twitter fans aren't important. Only the fans in TW matter....

Tammo
03-05-2012, 11:26 AM
This is what will determine who is GOAT, and the slams will become irrelevant.

Please, Nadal lover we understand that you LOVE Nadal so just shut up!

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
So essentially you're saying that Djokovic will do the clay sweep?

Yep,that's what I am saying. Even if he doesn't win all of them,Delpo,Fed,or someone else could win one. I am not convinced at all about Nadal's form,especially on clay.

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Considering what happened last year?

Nadal won 2011 Monte Carlo Masters. You even argue facts!

Nadal also won Roland Garros btw, in case you missed it.

Nadal only won MC last year because Humpty Dumpty did not play it. If he had amount of finals lost in a row to Humpty Dumpty would be up to 8. Since Djesus is playing MC this year,Nadal will lose that title to him just like he has lost all the rest.

And if not for Fed goating Nadal would have lost RG as well to Humpty Dumpty,pushing his finals lost to him over the past year up to 9. You know that as well I as I do.

monfed
03-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Yep,that's what I am saying. Even if he doesn't win all of them,Delpo,Fed,or someone else could win one. I am not convinced at all about Nadal's form,especially on clay.

That's cute. :lol:

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 12:01 PM
That's cute. :lol:

Thanks. :lol:

You still didn't explain why you think I'm wrong. Nadal played some of his worst tennis on clay last year. I'm not sure why saying he won't win any of the clay masters is so funny to you. Afterall he only won MC last year,and wouldn't even have won that if Djesus had played it.

aphex
03-05-2012, 12:05 PM

You still didn't explain why you think I'm wrong. Nadal played some of his worst tennis on clay last year. I'm not sure why saying he won't win any of the clay masters is so funny to you. Afterall he only won MC last year,and wouldn't even have won that if Djesus had played it.

Everybody knows it was peak, prime Ralph.
He would have done the clay sweep were it not for one inherently superior player.

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Everybody knows it was peak, prime Ralph.
He would have done the clay sweep were it not for one inherently superior player.

In your delusions maybe,but in reality not even close.

Towser83
03-05-2012, 12:41 PM

Even playing quite patchy on clay there was only one guy who could beat him and he almost lost in Rome to Murray and did lose to Federer at RG. As much as you claim Djokovic will win everything, there is little chance he's making so many masters finals again and very little chance he will win the clay sweep. Nadal only ever did this once and at his best in 2008 he failed to do it. In 2010 he might not have done it if Federer and Djokoic were playing better like they did in 2007-2009. So It's not an easy task by any means.

Last year was Djokovic's chance to maybe do the clay sweep and beat nadal at MC but that chance is gone and i don't think he'll win them all this year.

Tammo
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM

yeah, and Fed wouldn't have won Basel, Paris and WTF if Djokovic had been playing like he was for the rest of the year.

Homeboy Hotel
03-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Federer's facebook account is pure subtle Mercedez Benz marketing and nothing else.

The most blatant example (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3086864296080 [URL="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?)

Again (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150131235529941&set=a.10150131235489941.300639.64760994940&type=3&theater), yep i can see the logo (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150629149954941&set=a.214046249940.131095.64760994940&type=3&theater), uh-huh (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150577904034941&set=a.214046249940.131095.64760994940&type=3), keep nike happy too (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150525310464941&set=a.214046249940.131095.64760994940&type=1&theater).

Notice in the first link Fed's just standing there waits for the heads up to start talking about something or other. And forgets to close the boot.

jones101
03-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Nadal leads the tennis world in Twitter followers 1.6 million so far

MISLEADING thread title when Serena has over 2 million.

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 12:58 PM
yeah, and Fed wouldn't have won Basel, Paris and WTF if Djokovic had been playing like he was for the rest of the year.

Maybe,but Fed can beat Humpty Dumpty and matches up better with him than Nadal does. Nadal would lose to Djesus even if Djesus played with one arm tied behind his back and blindfolded. Nadal is incapable of beating Djesus as we have all witnessed over the past year.

Biscuitmcgriddleson
03-05-2012, 01:27 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/RafasKnees

Much better Twitter to follow.

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 03:25 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/RafasKnees

Much better Twitter to follow.

Yeah,this one too.

https://twitter.com/#!/pseudofed

britbox
03-05-2012, 03:29 PM

Yep - it depends on the environment - Sampras was great on both but crap on LinkedIn, so he's struck off the contendors for Social Media GOAT.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-05-2012, 03:40 PM

Nadal got a bigger cheer than Federer when the 2 were introduced at the 2012 Australian Open SF.

Nadal also had more crowd support than Federer at the 2008 Wimbledon final.

The only slam that Federer has more support at is Roland Garros, for obvious reasons (ah....he's not Spanish).

tennis_pro
03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Nadal got a bigger cheer than Federer when the 2 were introduced at the 2012 Australian Open SF.

The only slam that Federer has more support at is Roland Garros, for obvious reasons (ah....he's not Spanish).

there's no such thing as Nadal support, there's either Federer love or Federer hatred. It might as well be Luis Figo if he kept consistently beating Federer in big matches.

OddJack
03-05-2012, 03:54 PM

If he is so popular in Melbourne, how come his stuff worth less?

Player Locker Auctions in Melbourne:
Origin of winning bid
Sold at

Berdych (Paraple Centrum)
Japan
$2,300

Djokovic (Novak Djokovic Foundation)
Switzerland
$6,900

Federer (Roger Federer Foundation)
Japan
$17,800
Ferrer (Save the Children)
Japan
$2,651

Fish (Mardy Fish Foundation)
Japan
$2,110

Murray (World Wildlife Fund)
U.K.
$7,200

Nadal (Rafa Nadal Foundation)
U.K.
$14,800
Tsonga (Attrap’ la Balle)
Japan
$3,500

http://blogs.bettor.com/ATP-raises-60,000-for-charity-through-player-locker-auctions-Tennis-News-a115766

Biscuitmcgriddleson
03-05-2012, 04:28 PM

He only got more support because they wanted to see Djoker smack that all on the court.....

Sentinel
03-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I always knew Rafa was the greatest.

TopFH
03-05-2012, 09:19 PM

In your dreams, mate.

RF20Lennon
03-05-2012, 09:30 PM

Dude are you kidding me? in wimby 2008 the Crowd was chanting ROGER ROGER like crazy even the commentators said "no disrespect to nadal but we know what the crowd wants"

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Dude are you kidding me? in wimby 2008 the Crowd was chanting ROGER ROGER like crazy even the commentators said "no disrespect to nadal but we know what the crowd wants"

Yeah, the crowd wanted the match to go longer than 2 sets obviously. Nadal won the first 2 sets. It wouldn't matter who Nadal was playing, the crowd would cheer for the opponent so they get to see more than 2 sets. But Nadal got the most support at the start of the match and the 5th set. Nadal even gets more support than Murray at Wimbledon. Nadal had far more crowd support than Roddick at the US Open too when they played last year. It's crazy how popular Nadal is in other people's backyards.

RF20Lennon
03-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah, the crowd wanted the match to go longer than 2 sets obviously. Nadal won the first 2 sets. It wouldn't matter who Nadal was playing, the crowd would cheer for the opponent so they get to see more than 2 sets. But Nadal got the most support at the start of the match and the 5th set. Nadal even gets more support than Murray at Wimbledon. Nadal had far more crowd support than Roddick at the US Open too when they played last year. It's crazy how popular Nadal is in other people's backyards.

The others i agree with you but the crowd was highly sympathetic to Roger in that match like seriously I was at henman hill!! crowds were going crazy for fed. In terms of popularity nadal is no where close to fed and nowadays for some reason a lot of crowds are anti-nadal but that doesnt make him a bad player hes still one of the best ever but in terms of popularity he is nowhere close

RF20Lennon
03-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Also the other reason federer is so popular is because he has elegance and glance at everything he does. Even compare the ads of federer and nadal. Federer speaks english with great Eloquence
whilie nadal barely says a thing in his ads(not that I blame its perfectly fine) but in this way fed is able to reach out more as hes way more professional in doing things than rafa is

luishcorreia
03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Nadal is the GOAT.. thats why.

bluetrain4
03-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure if Twitter GOAT is that amazing of an achievement. But, it's something.

West Coast Ace
03-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Wow. 1.6 million fat single women. Think of all the Ben & Jerry's ice cream they consume.

laughingbuddha
03-06-2012, 06:45 PM
He leads the Twitter H2H vs Federer.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-06-2012, 07:00 PM
The others i agree with you but the crowd was highly sympathetic to Roger in that match like seriously I was at henman hill!! crowds were going crazy for fed. In terms of popularity nadal is no where close to fed and nowadays for some reason a lot of crowds are anti-nadal but that doesnt make him a bad player hes still one of the best ever but in terms of popularity he is nowhere close

The Australian Open crowd gave Nadal a bigger cheer than Federer when each walked out for the SF his year, and proceeded to cheer in Nadal's favor all the way.

And I saw a youtube of someone's cell phone recording of the 2009 Australian Open final, and when Federer was crying in the ceremony there were people laughing the whole time.

Nadal has more crowd support than Federer at Wimbledon and the Australian Open. US Open, they've never met. But Nadal had more crowd support than Roddick EASILY when they met at the US Open 2011.

mandy01
03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Nadal got a bigger cheer than Federer when the 2 were introduced at the 2012 Australian Open SF.....and we should buy this because?

Nadal also had more crowd support than Federer at the 2008 Wimbledon final. By whose standards?

The only slam that Federer has more support at is Roland Garros, for obvious reasons (ah....he's not Spanish).LOL, you're so full of it :lol:
*******s seem to be outdoing each other in stupidity every single day :lol:

mandy01
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
The Australian Open crowd gave Nadal a bigger cheer than Federer when each walked out for the SF his year, and proceeded to cheer in Nadal's favor all the way.

And I saw a youtube of someone's cell phone recording of the 2009 Australian Open final, and when Federer was crying in the ceremony there were people laughing the whole time.

Nadal has more crowd support than Federer at Wimbledon and the Australian Open. US Open, they've never met. But Nadal had more crowd support than Roddick EASILY when they met at the US Open 2011.
Excellent. The poster talks about a final he saw IN PERSON/ atleast at the venue and you rebut by bringing in an entirely different tournament which you didn't even witness live or anywhere near it.
I swear, *******s' brains are shrinking by the day.

Sentinel
03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Wow. 1.6 million fat single women. Think of all the Ben & Jerry's ice cream they consume.
Reminds me of that pic aphex poasted a few months back, LMAO !

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
If you are at an event your perception of the crowd will be affected by where you are sitting. Those in your quarter of the stadium will drown out the broader crowd consensus. Whereas television clearly enables one to judge the crowd's consensus.

mandy01
03-06-2012, 08:27 PM
If you are at an event your perception of the crowd will be affected by where you are sitting. Those in your quarter of the stadium will drown out the broader crowd consensus. Whereas television clearly enables one to judge the crowd's consensus.Okay, this is a gem. Well, television told me that Nadal isn't half as popular as Roger when the two meet. :cool:
Oh and didn't you talk about a video you saw by someone who was at the match in your previous post? Clearly, his quarter had mostly dumb *******s around. That is assuming what you say even holds merit.

Evan77
03-06-2012, 08:34 PM
there are simply so many latin guys in the world. not surprised, of course they are supporting Nadal. I have few latin friends. I dearly love them. They are so loyal and funny... full of life. as much as I don't really like Rafa's game he is great for tennis... love his personality.

as for Rog, meh, full of himself, whatever, couldn't care less... when I hear from his fans here how 'classy' he is and he is NOT, I feel like throwing up

Rickenbacker4003
03-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Nadal has more Twitter followers than any ATP player - 1.6 million.

Nadal has 9.9 million Facebook fans, while the ever-calculating Federer has 10 million Facebook fans.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/02/Features/Facebook-Federer-Surpasses-10-Million-Fans.aspx

Line up the 1000 posts from angry *******s. :)

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Okay, this is a gem. Well, television told me that Nadal isn't half as popular as Roger when the two meet. :cool:
Oh and didn't you talk about a video you saw by someone who was at the match in your previous post? Clearly, his quarter had mostly dumb *******s around. That is assuming what you say even holds merit.

Well I saw the 2008 Wimbledon final on television. I also saw the 2012 Australian Open on television. So it was easy to hear the general consensus of the crowd. The 2009 Australian Open crowd I also saw on television. In all 3 cases, I heard the full crowd reactions, rather than what a person would hear when surrounded by loutish fans in one corner.

rafan
03-07-2012, 03:02 AM

You wish..........

joeri888
03-07-2012, 03:18 AM
If mildly talented people like Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Mark Zuckenberg have the most facebook friends/twitter followers, I do not think its anything to go by.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-07-2012, 04:08 AM
If mildly talented people like Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Mark Zuckenberg have the most facebook friends/twitter followers, I do not think its anything to go by.

Bieber and Gayga are perhaps the 2 most popular music performers in the world today. Their facebook stats mirror their real life popularity. The same is true for Nadal and Federer. 10million and 9.9million.

jackson vile
03-07-2012, 02:35 PM

No, that would be all of Federer's facebook fans. They take their notes from Mirka LOL

tennis_pro
03-07-2012, 02:37 PM
No, that would be all of Federer's facebook fans. They take their notes from Mirka LOL

Look who's back.

TheTruth
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM

Very true. At one point during Wimbledon 08, the commentators asked Cahill "whose name are they chanting, Roger's?" And Cahill said, "no, they're saying Rafa, Rafa." I couldn't believe he told the truth, although it was obvious from listening to the crowd.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Very true. At one point during Wimbledon 08, the commentators asked Cahill "whose name are they chanting, Roger's?" And Cahill said, "no, they're saying Rafa, Rafa." I couldn't believe he told the truth, although it was obvious from listening to the crowd.

Good old Cahill, the real deal.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-10-2012, 01:37 AM
That was quick, 9.9mill to 10mill in just 5 days-

Yahoo!!!! Rafa reached 10,000,000 on his facebook! What a cute picture of him and such a sweet message. :-D

Vamooooooss 10,000,000!! Thanks for your support it gives me strength to continue ;)
Unlike Share 2 hours ago

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/419016_10150630323266026_64822581025_9358118_11913 30841_n.jpg

jackson vile
03-10-2012, 06:29 AM
That was quick, 9.9mill to 10mill in just 5 days-

Now we just need an update on the FaceBook battle as well :)

vernonbc
03-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Now we just need an update on the FaceBook battle as well :)
Which facebook battle? As ********* posted, Rafa hit 10,000,000 last night on facebook. He's now only 110,000 behind Fed. At the beginning of the year he was 450,000 behind. Pretty notable considering Rafa was out of the spotlight for six weeks after the AO while Federer was getting all the headlines. Rafa will probably surpass Roger by clay season.

Hitman
03-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Surely this will swing the GOAT battle in the Spaniard's favor.

tennis_pro
03-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Which facebook battle? As ********* posted, Rafa hit 10,000,000 last night on facebook. He's now only 110,000 behind Fed. At the beginning of the year he was 450,000 behind. Pretty notable considering Rafa was out of the spotlight for six weeks after the AO while Federer was getting all the headlines. Rafa will probably surpass Roger by clay season.

You are so obsessed it's not even funny.

jackson vile
03-10-2012, 07:28 AM

I thought that was with Twitter? What does the twitter race look like then?

vernonbc
03-10-2012, 07:56 AM
I thought that was with Twitter? What does the twitter race look like then?

There is no twitter race. Fed doesn't have an account. :)

Rafa has by far the most twitter followers of any male tennis player though. I think Serena has a few more than him.

jackson vile
03-10-2012, 08:53 AM
There is no twitter race. Fed doesn't have an account. :)

Rafa has by far the most twitter followers of any male tennis player though. I think Serena has a few more than him.

Oh, ok. Do you fallow Novak on FaceBook, dude posts funny *** **** all the time. He cracks me up, and is addicted to photoshop LOL

Mainad
03-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Does this mean that more 'Twits' follow Nadal than any other player? :wink:

TheTruth
03-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Surely this will swing the GOAT battle in the Spaniard's favor.

That was hilarious.

TheTruth
03-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Does this mean that more 'Twits' follow Nadal than any other player? :wink:

Very funny!

CMM
06-14-2012, 05:04 AM
He just surpassed Federer on facebook. The difference is extremely small.

start the lawnmower
06-14-2012, 05:12 AM

twitter doesn't require as much skill as facebook. The social media world would like it to be phased out

DragonBlaze
06-14-2012, 05:14 AM
He just surpassed Federer on facebook. The difference is extremely small.

They are literally 20 fans apart, how in the world did you know it so fast???

Ico
06-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Let's be realistic. Nadal has a younger fanbase and therefore more of his fans use Facebook. Federer is the most popular player on Earth but the people who watch him wont be reflected in his 'likes'.

Magnus
06-14-2012, 05:53 AM
LOL, I follow Nads on Facebook just to laugh at his losses.

ViscaB
06-14-2012, 06:10 AM
LOL, I follow Nads on Facebook just to laugh at his losses.

We follow you on TT just to laugh at you when Nadal wins against your predictions:).

10is
06-14-2012, 02:20 PM
I agree. Here is a typical one of them (lets call her Clarky21):
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2pZ36-6S-tg/SRuNtuDKC4I/AAAAAAAAA9U/lXTSl9Brg88/s400/pig-ugly-woman-fat-face.jpg

Here is how she wishes Nadal react when he sees her:

Nadal: "Me Gusta!"
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45782000/jpg/_45782436_nadal_getty_416.jpg

Here is what Nadal would actually do if he saw her:
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-09/249403340-06172229.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!! THAT IS INSANELY HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D