PDA

View Full Version : Best forehand in tennis?

brettsticker86
03-05-2012, 09:03 AM
who do y'all think?

joeri888
03-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Currently Nadal
Peak of all active players: Federer by a mile

GasquetGOAT
03-05-2012, 09:07 AM
I think Brett.

kiki
03-05-2012, 09:07 AM
who do y'all think?

20s: Tilden and Cochet

30s: Perry

40s: Jack Kramer ( the big game and % father)

50s: Patty,Davidson,Hoad

60s: Santana and Laver.Fletcher and Fraser come next

70s: Newcombe,Borg.Panatta,Mayer,Smith,Gimeno, too

80s: Lendl,Gomez,Becker,Arias,Clerc

90s: Agassi,Sampras and Courier.Also mention to Medvedev,Kafelnikov,Muster.

00s: Federer,Safin, Djokovic and Murray.Roddick, Nadal and Ferrer, next

I am sure I forgot a few good ones...

aphex
03-05-2012, 09:17 AM

Your lack of knowledge is hilarious:)

purge
03-05-2012, 09:20 AM
federer in 2

kiki
03-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Your lack of knowledge is hilarious:)

what of those players did you ever heard of...I mean, before 1990 or so? I think I just found another guy to break my *** laughing at in you.

jdubbs
03-05-2012, 09:52 AM

FAIL
10 chars

ARIARAIDEN
03-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Verdasco by far!

kiki
03-05-2012, 09:54 AM
FAIL
10 chars

Can you be so nice to tell me where did I fail?

Thank you

fed_rulz
03-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Can you be so nice to tell me where did I fail?

Thank you

everywhere.

kiki
03-05-2012, 10:00 AM
everywhere.

APMEK,ABMK,FEDRULZ,5555 the gran slam of illiteracy

kiki
03-05-2012, 10:01 AM
TMF is the YEC

TennisLovaLova
03-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Best as in the most efficient or the most beautiful?
I dont find 2hbh nice to watch so imo 1 hbh are far more superior in style

Russeljones
03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Nadal. If Federer says he wants to have that shot, then it has to be Nadal's FH.

brettsticker86
03-05-2012, 10:24 AM
at its peak, id have to say federer's as well. he can roll it, flatten it out, so much versatility. and thats coming from a nadal fan. nadal's is a bit 1 dimensional. Sampras had a rocket of a forehand on the run. Overall, I'd give it to Fed.

Larrysmmers
03-05-2012, 10:25 AM
why do you think fed would want rafs FH? rafs FH works for raf but it wouldnt suit feds game. plus, i think nole likes rafa's fh a little more

Tammo
03-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Oh great, another thread like this. Probably Nadal right now.

Fed Kennedy
03-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Granville hands down

purge
03-05-2012, 10:57 AM
why do you think fed would want rafs FH? rafs FH works for raf but it wouldnt suit feds game. plus, i think nole likes rafa's fh a little more
when fed was confronted in an on court interviwe that nadal was asked what shot of fed hed like to have and nadal said the FH, they asked fed what shot of rafa hed like to have in return. fed laughed and said something like "i dont know.. probably his FH as well"

monfed
03-05-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.m3post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=405196&d=1278553173

Russeljones
03-05-2012, 11:08 AM

He has said it.

Claudius
03-05-2012, 11:16 AM

You're either trolling, or know very little about tennis. Perhaps both.

HurricaneDominic
03-05-2012, 11:22 AM
There's is no definite answer, it's just a matter of opinion. You'll have all the hardcore Federer/Nadal fans saying them two, but it's really hard to tell. Obviously, as they're both such good players, they have amazing forehands, but I don't know who's is the 'best'!
I think Del Potro's is great, and Fernando Gonzalez's was amazing when it was ON!
On the Women's side, I think Ivanovic's is incredible, again, when it is ON!

brettsticker86
03-05-2012, 11:31 AM
i definitely agree. Gonzo's forehand was pretty incredible, but a little wild. Delpo's is huge but I'm not too sure he has versatility, its either all or nothing. I'm a huge nadal fan but i wouldn't say his is the best. it's definitely improved and become more of a weapon that just a grind-down-his-opponent shot that it was early in his career.

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Federer,Delpo,and Djesus. Berdych too when he is playing well.

Fed Kennedy
03-05-2012, 11:50 AM

Fed could hit his own fh and then rafas fh from his bh Wing. Thats probably what he was thinking. Then again Granvile would destroy them both with goating flat powershots.

Rock Strongo
03-05-2012, 11:50 AM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg23/scaled.php?server=23&filename=rimage0017.jpg&res=medium

/thread

Power Player
03-05-2012, 12:06 PM
All time best for me is Agassi.

Backhand as well.

Cup8489
03-05-2012, 12:12 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg23/scaled.php?server=23&filename=rimage0017.jpg&res=medium

/thread

is that edberg?

If so, you fail.

Gonzo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEL0olMmY4g

Limpinhitter
03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
All time best for me is Agassi.

Backhand as well.

As long as he didn't have to run, which wasn't often.

Limpinhitter
03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
is that edberg?

If so, you fail.

So, you're not sure who that is?

joeri888
03-05-2012, 12:29 PM
when fed was confronted in an on court interviwe that nadal was asked what shot of fed hed like to have and nadal said the FH, they asked fed what shot of rafa hed like to have in return. fed laughed and said something like "i dont know.. probably his FH as well"

He was just being Nice. Roger doesnt want shot from rafa since fast legs and leftiness is not shot

kaku
03-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Federer, Djokovic, Verdasco during the 2009 AO, Delpo during the 2009 USO, Nadal whenever he plays Federer

SystemicAnomaly
03-05-2012, 12:38 PM

/thread

The Edberg FH was considered by many to be his greatest weakness. It was, at times, rather erratic. Announcers during his playing years would frequently make comments about this. Tale a gander at this mini bio/analysis:

http://www.onlinetennisinstruction.com/stefanedberg.html

SystemicAnomaly
03-05-2012, 12:46 PM
FAIL
10 chars

everywhere.

I can't stand your trolling...

The Aphex response to kiki's post was somewhat amusing (I assume that it was meant to be ironic). Don't know about these later ones tho'. They just appear to be vicious and unwarranted.

Also, I agree with the posters who suggested the Gonzo FH to be worthy of consideration.

Djoker_69
03-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Federer,Delpo,and Djesus. Berdych too when he is playing well.

This

10forehands

TJfederer16
03-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Federer by a mile, its the best shot in tennis

The-Champ
03-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Often forgotten killer fhs, but at their very best they were simply devastating.

Grosjean
Moya
Ferrero
Berasetegui
M. Larsson
T. Engqvist
W. Ferreira

kiki
03-05-2012, 01:15 PM

Did you ever heard about the players I mentioned? expert posters will make a similar list to mine...wanna ask?

kiki
03-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Moya,Mecir,Rios were also top ones.So were Beasategui and magnus Gustaffson.Please, newtards take notice

The-Champ
03-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Moya,Mecir,Rios were also top ones.So were Beasategui and magnus Gustaffson.Please, newtards take notice

Neither Moya nor Berasategui had backhands, it speaks volumes of how great the fhs were.

M.Gustafsson had the ugliest strokes ever but the guy was a workhorse.

Rios= pure genius.

Mecir was before my time..no comment on that.

kiki
03-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Neither Moya nor Berasategui had backhands, it speaks volumes of how great the fhs were.

M.Gustafsson had the ugliest strokes ever but the guy was a workhorse.

Rios= pure genius.

Mecir was before my time..no comment on that.

Gustaffosn had a hard one.He was not flashy, though.

Nathaniel_Near
03-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Federer probably has the best FH in history, or at least the Open Era.

Nathaniel_Near
03-05-2012, 01:53 PM

I can't stand your trolling, or do you seriously rank Murray's FH as one of the best of the 00's. Give me a break, please. Your posts are IN-SANE! Perhaps your knowledge of older eras is good but do you know even anything about the last 10 or so years other than Nadal owns Federer.

Rock Strongo
03-05-2012, 01:54 PM
is that edberg?

If so, you fail.

Well, I wasn't being serious...

Blitzball
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Verdasco, Wawrinka, Gasquet, Isner

In all seriousness now, in Federer's prime his forehand was the best in history. So much versatility, incredible angles and spins etc. Del Potro, US Open 2009, hit some of the best forehands of all time imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RcxYFBOehU

kiki
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I can't stand your trolling, or do you seriously rank Murray's FH as one of the best of the 00's. Give me a break, please. Your posts are IN-SANE! Perhaps your knowledge of older eras is good but do you know even anything about the last 10 or so years other than Nadal owns Federer.

What makes you so nervous?

SystemicAnomaly
03-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Well, I wasn't being serious...

Couldn't tell. Not everyone knows that Edberg's FH was his weakness.

kiki
03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Tilden is considered to have the best pre WW forehand, but Cochets flat shot was amazing, he played it in a way that ressembles Connors.And Perry was known for being the first that used superb topspin, I think Borg said that Perry was a bit like his grand father or something to that effect.Ping Pong stroke.

axel89
03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
federer ftw

Rock Strongo
03-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Couldn't tell. Not everyone knows that Edberg's FH was his weakness.

Sarcasm? Edberg's forehand is actually looks to be better now than it was before.

SystemicAnomaly
03-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Sarcasm? Edberg's forehand is actually looks to be better now than it was before.

No sarcasm intended on my part. (See post #35).

Biscuitmcgriddleson
03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
You're all missing the point! Nadal's is clearly the best because it produces less UE than Federer's. Nadal's forehand, like his net skills are the best because the numbers say that. If Nadal chose to flatten out his shots then he would be the goat through and through

Sorry guys just had to try thinking like a *******. Didn't feel too good =(

But yes Federer's FH FTW. The most versatile and lethal forehand for an extended time(more than 1 year or just a tourney).

Bobby Jr
03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
...do you seriously rank Murray's FH as one of the best of the 00's. Give me a break, please..
Requoted for truth.

He probably thinks Murray has a great second serve too. :lol:

Nathaniel_Near
03-05-2012, 02:51 PM
What makes you so nervous?

Your idiocy, of course. :lol:

Enigma_87
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM

you must be taking the **** with this post. Even some of the most recent ones shouldn't be nowhere near that list.

Fate Archer
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
I have fond memories of Ferrero's forehand circa 2002-2003. Gonzalez will be remembered for having one of the best and certainly the wildest forehand in history.
Also liked Carlos Moya's forehand. Sometimes he could crank some gonzalesque ones.

I also liked Verdasco's forehand in the 2009 AO. Reminded me the forehand of that Federer guy.

If I could pick a forehand in today's game it would be Novak's though.

Nadal's looks cool sometimes.

Nathaniel_Near
03-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Novak's is solid and fairly penetrating but it is given breathing space to function due to the efficiency and balance that his backhand gives to his overall baseline game. I'm pretty sure that if we put Federer's or even Nadal's forehand in Novak's hands but let him keep his backhand that those forehands would prove to be the better stroke to have, even today.

SystemicAnomaly
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM

Who's the troll now? Where is the civility? Hate to see these forums turn into a hateful Youtube free-for-all.

wilfreb
03-05-2012, 05:29 PM

safin, murray, roddick, nadal and ferrer are not excellent forehands.

Murrayalmagrofan
03-05-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm no Federer fan boy, but he still has the best forehand in tennis - and possibly the best there ever was.

Crazy man
03-05-2012, 05:41 PM
safin, murray, roddick, nadal and ferrer are not excellent forehands.

I have a question. How idiotic are you?

Roddick's forehand when he cranks it is only bested by Federer's and Nadal's, maybe even with both (although each three are special in their own way). Roddick's forehand was probably the hardest forehand on a consistent basis I've seen. He was able to literally slap players around the court with that shot (impressive seeing how bad his backhand was at that time). Just beastly power and when 'on' a winner machine.

Nadal has an excellent forehand, primarily on clay but even on hard courts. Grass isn't an indicator of how good a forehand can be, but his forehand has consistency, angles, power, insane spin and defends very well on that wing. His spin is only matched by bruguera. Nadal posseses a pretty nice FH pass too.

Safin's forehand had power, precision, great pass and a very good forehand return. Hit on the rise. Had it's bad days. But a very good forehand for what was considered a much weaker wing.

Go learn tennis.

MichaelNadal
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Nadal and Federer.

Crazy man
03-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Nadal and Federer.

Not according to post #62. I imagine he thinks Nalbandian has a better FH than Nadal's. Phucking idiot.

Nathaniel_Near
03-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Who's the troll now? Where is the civility? Hate to see these forums turn into a hateful Youtube free-for-all.

It's a free world, get over it. Kiki's postings are preposterous half the time, he/she asked a baiting question I gave him/her an accurate answer. Good luck.

PS, I doubt they care, it's all banter to him/her. It's all about match ups.

Nathaniel_Near
03-05-2012, 05:56 PM
The Edberg FH was considered by many to be his greatest weakness. It was, at times, rather erratic. Announcers during his playing years would frequently make comments about this. Tale a gander at this mini bio/analysis:

http://www.onlinetennisinstruction.com/stefanedberg.html

I want kiki to further enlighten us on the Edberg FH. Are you up to the task?

Cheetah
03-05-2012, 06:40 PM
double post

Cheetah
03-05-2012, 06:42 PM
How come hardly anybody is mentioning djoko? (current fh's)

And before the fanboy's start spewing... no i'm not saying his fh is the best. In my book it's still fed. I'm just asking why noone is considering it. This is for discussion purposes only.

What makes nadal's fh better than djoker's right now?
He hits hard enough, tons of spin, more angles, more consistent and more variety than nadal.

Clarky21
03-05-2012, 06:52 PM

And before the fanboy's start spewing... no i'm not saying his fh is the best. In my book it's still fed. I'm just asking why noone is considering it. This is for discussion purposes only.

He hits hard enough, tons of spin, more angles, more consistent and more variety than nadal.

Not one single thing. I think Humpty Dumpty's fh is better than Nadal's right now,and have said so several times. Actually,there are several players I would put above Nadal right now in that regard. Nadal's fh is not even close to being what it once was,and players have figured out how to negate his topspin,making it much less effective than it used to be.

wy2sl0
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM

That is a good question. The way I see it, is that Djokovic does everything better than Nadal, except forehand.

Djokovic has great control, but his motion is not as "across the body" as Federer's, which makes it more like Roddick's than Federer's. In that respect, watch videos, Federer creates a wealth of pace and spin with almost no visual cues of effort. It is because he loads all of his energy into his racquet and lets it do all of the work. Nadal is like this, but if you watch Djoko's strokes, he arms the ball alot more.

Cheetah
03-05-2012, 07:27 PM
That is a good question. The way I see it, is that Djokovic does everything better than Nadal, except forehand.

Djokovic has great control, but his motion is not as "across the body" as Federer's, which makes it more like Roddick's than Federer's. In that respect, watch videos, Federer creates a wealth of pace and spin with almost no visual cues of effort. It is because he loads all of his energy into his racquet and lets it do all of the work. Nadal is like this, but if you watch Djoko's strokes, he arms the ball alot more.

ok. good points.

i don't think djoko arms the ball at all. he's totally throwing that racquet. the swing path doesnt appear as smooth as fed's because of his western with the bent arm but im not sure how u can say he arms it. his arm is lagging behind his chest and his wrist is bent back. and nadal has a straight arm so it has more a smooth round rotation. but i dont think you can find a vid of djoko swinging, in a match, where the racquet moves ahead of his torso which would suggest arming it. i could be wrong of course but i dont think so.

Cheetah
03-05-2012, 07:31 PM

ok. good points.

i don't think djoko arms the ball at all. he's totally throwing that racquet. the swing path doesnt appear as smooth as fed's because of his western with the bent arm but im not sure how u can say he arms it. his arm is lagging behind his chest and his wrist is bent back. and nadal has a straight arm so it has more a smooth round rotation. but i dont think you can find a vid of djoko swinging, in a match, where the racquet moves ahead of his torso which would suggest arming it. i could be wrong of course but i dont think so.

anyway, i guess i was asking more about the results of the struck ball. not how the ball was struck. if someone has ugly strokes, say like ... connors but puts the ball where he wants it w/ better execution than someone with a prettier stroke i would say the ugly stroke has a better fh.

Fate Archer
03-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Without getting into the merits of who has the best technique, I said it many times, but I think Novak is hitting with the best combination of spin/pace right now on tour. Despite hitting with a Western grip he can flatten his shots pretty well whether they're crosscourt or inside-out. That variation on the forehand side is very important I think, and it's one element that hampers Nadal from having a more devastating shot on his forehand side. His (Nadal's forehand) is a bit too one-dimensional most of the times, and that is widely documented.

Another point based on N&N's input (although not necessarily being the point on his post), is that Novak's backhand compliments his forehand very well. Both Federer and Nadal have to take some risks and expose their forehand sides when running around their backhands.

Novak doesn't expose his court positioning as much as Fedal when hitting a forehand, mostly because of his awesome backhand, so he's often in a more safe or less risky/rewarding position when hitting his forehand, which flows well with the rest of his game and IMO helps him staying in a pressure free mindset when going for his shots.

But to be fair to his forehand side, it's certainly one of the best shots on tour to create angles or something out of an otherwise neutral rally (that's when the great topspin component of his forehand comes into play). It is often out-angling both Nadal's and Federer's forehands in their most recent matchups.

It's a brutally effective tool, and that has its own beauty in my eyes.

Cheetah
03-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Without getting into the merits of who has the best technique, I said it many times, but I think Novak is hitting with the best combination of spin/pace right now on tour. Despite hitting with a Western grip he can flatten his shots pretty well whether they're crosscourt or inside-out. That variation on the forehand side is very important I think, and it's one element that hampers Nadal from having a more devastating shot on his forehand side. His (Nadal's) is a bit too one-dimensional most of the times, and that is widely documented.

Another point based on N&N's input, is that Novak's backhand compliments his forehand very well. Both Federer and Nadal have to take some risks and expose their forehand sides when running around their backhands.

Novak doesn't expose his court positioning as much as Fedal when hitting a forehand, mostly because of his awesome backhand, so he's often in a more safe or less risky/rewarding position when hitting his forehand, which flows well with the rest of his game and IMO helps him staying in a pressure free mindset when going for his shots.

But to be fair to his forehand side, it's certainly one of the best shots on tour to create angles or something out of an otherwise neutral rally. It is often out-angling both Nadal's and Federer's forehands in their matchups.

It's a brutally effective tool, and that has its own beauty in my eyes.

good points.

SystemicAnomaly
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
I have a question. How idiotic are you?

... Phucking idiot.

What the hell is wrong with you ppl? The maturity level in this forum leaves a lot to be desired. I'm really surprised that you've not been banned yet.

joeri888
03-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Not one single thing. I think Humpty Dumpty's fh is better than Nadal's right now,and have said so several times. Actually,there are several players I would put above Nadal right now in that regard. Nadal's fh is not even close to being what it once was,and players have figured out how to negate his topspin,making it much less effective than it used to be.

Yo are so ridiculously pessimistic. Which players other than Fed and Djoker would you put above Nadal?
You also promised me Rafa would lose to Lopez, Berdych and Federer at the AO and I'm still waiting for you to pay up to that promise. I was so looking forward to that happening :(

What things make Nadal so good in your opinion? In which things does he still excell?

SystemicAnomaly
03-06-2012, 12:52 AM
It's a free world, get over it...

Sure it's a free world and we are all free to express differing opinions. But this is a pathetic excuse for a lack of civility. The world is what we make of it. If we are all hostile towards each each, it breeds more hostility.

" I'm sorry, but it is a FACT... that there is such a thing... as manners. A way of treating people...These fish have manners. These fish have manners. In fact, they're coming with me. I'm starting a new company, and the fish are coming with me. You can call me sentimental, but the fish are coming with me."

ThoughtCrime
03-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Sure it's a free world and we are all free to express differing opinions. But this is a pathetic excuse for a lack of civility. The world is what we make of it. If we are all hostile towards each each, it breeds more hostility.

" I'm sorry, but it is a FACT... that there is such a thing... as manners. A way of treating people...These fish have manners. These fish have manners. In fact, they're coming with me. I'm starting a new company, and the fish are coming with me. You can call me sentimental, but the fish are coming with me."

It's the internet, it allows people to say what they want without consequence, things that they may not be able to say in real life. Unfortunately, this is usually provocative. Get used to it because civility and the internet do not generally coincide.

Crazy man
03-06-2012, 01:40 AM
What the hell is wrong with you ppl? The maturity level in this forum leaves a lot to be desired. I'm really surprised that you've not been banned yet.

I'm not the guy saying Roddick, Nadal and Safin don't have excellent forehands (when it's clear they do). Maturity? At least I can be bothered to spell people instead of ppl. Do you go around talking text in real life?

Crazy man
03-06-2012, 01:41 AM
It's the internet, it allows people to say what they want without consequence, things that they may not be able to say in real life. Unfortunately, this is usually provocative. Get used to it because civility and the internet do not generally coincide.

It's the world wide web actually. There is a difference between the web and the Internet. Just saying......

ThoughtCrime
03-06-2012, 01:55 AM
It's the world wide web actually. There is a difference between the web and the Internet. Just saying......

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/rainn-wilson-as-dwight-schrute.jpg

Crazy man
03-06-2012, 01:58 AM
http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/rainn-wilson-as-dwight-schrute.jpg

http://www.topsecretwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/totalidiot.jpg

ThoughtCrime
03-06-2012, 02:08 AM
http://www.topsecretwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/totalidiot.jpg

I was just kidding :), thought you might find it funny.

Crazy man
03-06-2012, 02:11 AM
I was just kidding :), thought you might find it funny.

It's cool:)

But yeah in 5 years time that will be me.

SystemicAnomaly
03-06-2012, 02:16 AM
I'm not the guy saying Roddick, Nadal and Safin don't have excellent forehands (when it's clear they do). Maturity? At least I can be bothered to spell people instead of ppl. Do you go around talking text in real life?

Is this really the best that you can do to justify your vile behavior? This is sad.

Crazy man
03-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Is this really the best that you can do to justify your vile behavior? This is sad.

I called someone an idiot. How on earth is this vile behaviour? You cannot be serious? Yep, screw the vile behaviour of the young thugs 'shanking' civilians on the streets, or the violent drunks 'bottling' people at clubs....Some dude on the world wide web labelled a poster an idiot. Yep, this is truly vile behaviour.

So, you've never hated on anyone, or labelled someone an idiot in real life ever?

Limpinhitter
03-06-2012, 02:39 AM

I don't know. Try making threats against the president and let's see if there are any consequences.

Paul Murphy
03-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Best forehand: Federer - most versatile, still very powerful.
Biggest forehand: Del Potro (with honourable mention to Soderling).

monfed
03-06-2012, 03:07 AM
My take -

Clay - Nadal, Everything else - Federer

Most powerful -Delpotro

Overall - Federer

Paul Murphy
03-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Rafa's forehand is a destructive shot and has been hugely effective, particularly on clay, but I've seen him hitting it far too short in recent times.

SystemicAnomaly
03-06-2012, 04:20 AM
I called someone an idiot. How on earth is this vile behaviour? You cannot be serious? Yep, screw the vile behaviour of the young thugs 'shanking' civilians on the streets, or the violent drunks 'bottling' people at clubs....Some dude on the world wide web labelled a poster an idiot. Yep, this is truly vile behaviour.

So, you've never hated on anyone, or labelled someone an idiot in real life ever?

No, in this thread alone, you've labeled at least 2 posters as idiots. The 2nd incident that I noticed, it was "Phucking idiot". Is there no way to make your points without this type of behavior? Do you hate these individuals? If so, are we are then talking about hate speech?

One might be tempted to think that your arguments are not strong enough to stand up on their own without resorting to such tactics. Are you familiar with the notion that "insults/profanities are attempts of a lazy or feeble mind to express itself forcefully"? This idea says that the insults and profanity say something about the author.

It certainly displays a lack of respect toward others. This type of behavior tends to escalate. And before you know it we have some ugly threads where insults are freely tossed back & forth. It's happened way too many times before. The Rants & Raves forum was closed because of this type of activity. Posters have been banned.

If we interact with others like this in a forum, we tend to do so out in society as well. This breeds further hostility and before you know it we have a slippery slope -- thugs shanking civilians, drunks bottling clubgoers, etc. Take a look at rap songs that refer to women as b!tches, slvts and wh0res. This tends to breed a certain mentality towards women and often an increase in violence.

These types of actions do not happen in a vacuum. They reflect how people act toward each other in a society. They also affect how people act toward each other in a society.

(Stage direction: step down from soapbox)

wings56
03-06-2012, 08:07 AM
i think brett's forehand looks like andy roddick's.

brettsticker86
03-06-2012, 08:16 AM
i think brett's forehand looks like andy roddick's.

it sure has lately :roll:

Nathaniel_Near
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM

Difference being I'm just as blunt and frank in real life as I am here.

Will you also stop us from calling a member of the board a good poster or a clever one - this is another blunt judgement call. Context is important and if people want to banter about then I will truly oblige. What is all this fish business anyway. Fish are just ignorant as they probably lack the capacity for sentience needed to even not have manners. Like I said earlier, context is important, so then what is the context here? Should we rearrange the quote so it goes more something along the lines of 'Fish are stupid and can't talk back to me. They are incapable of offering anything but at the very worst a weak and accidental rebuttal. I'm taking the fish with me.'

Intriguing stuff, fill me in.

Nothing annoys me more than a person who errs too much on the side of good. The odd bit of semi-malicious banter isn't a crime (especially when you probably have no idea at all about the context of certain posters relationships here). In short, stay the heck out of my business if you wouldn't mind. And be sure to jump on me should I also be too positive about a poster in the name of fairness and equality. Good day to you, sir.

Clarky21
03-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Yo are so ridiculously pessimistic. Which players other than Fed and Djoker would you put above Nadal?
You also promised me Rafa would lose to Lopez, Berdych and Federer at the AO and I'm still waiting for you to pay up to that promise. I was so looking forward to that happening :(

What things make Nadal so good in your opinion? In which things does he still excell?

Nope. I am realistic,and do not live in a **** cloud. The same cannot be said for multiple posters on this website.

luishcorreia
03-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Raonic in Menphis was outstanding. His inside-out forehand was just o powerfull

kiki
03-06-2012, 02:29 PM

Do you know where on earth Switzerland is?

kiki
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I want kiki to further enlighten us on the Edberg FH. Are you up to the task?

Yes, my favourite all time moron

Edbergs Fh is one of the most underrated ever.Why?? because in an era you never dreamt of, it kept ralliess on, and allowed him the time to hit his superb BH approach and win the net...weere he won most of the points.

kiki
03-06-2012, 02:37 PM
My take -

Clay - Nadal, Everything else - Federer

Most powerful -Delpotro

Overall - Federer

You know what Del Potro means in english? its a mounting ponny.

Nathaniel_Near
03-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Do you know where on earth Switzerland is?

Who doesn't? Mind you, probably more people don't know than I realise.

The Baseline
03-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Its still Gonzalez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ReQmejWYy4

After watching that match, how can anyone on these forums not agree? I mean come on.

dnj30
03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
I think Gonzo hit the hardest. Even in slo-mo his racket head is just a blur. Havent seen Blake mentioned yet. As far as best i'd say Federer, Sampras, and Lendl in no particular order. In todays game just about everyone has a huge forehand. With the unfortunate death of S&V(at the professional level), everyone builds their game pretty much the same: Big serve, Big forehand. If the current trend contiues the ATP in 20yrs is going to consist of a few hundred John Isner clones.

The Baseline
03-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Would Andreev's be considered the most violent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWyTEMmHoRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFJ9bKfQjQY

Murrayalmagrofan
03-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Would Andreev's be considered the most violent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWyTEMmHoRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFJ9bKfQjQY
Holy cow mate! :shock:

I'm surprised his shoulder is still in its socket.

piece
03-06-2012, 08:34 PM
These days Nadal probably has the best forehand on tour. At least some of the time in the last few years (I'm thinking mostly 2008-2010) Verdasco made a case for his forehand being the best out there, though since he went completely off the rails in early 2011 it hasn't been up to scratch.

There is, however, only one of the current players whose forehand when in full flight stands out from all others. The best forehand of all time, on its best day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfb2PDlIc3o

Love all
03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
how did u forget Gonzalez, Del Potro?

MichaelNadal
03-07-2012, 08:18 AM
how did u forget Gonzalez, Del Potro?

Not hardest, best.

dannykl
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM
In women's tennis, Graf is widely regarded as having the best forehand ever.

jones101
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E40rfx3rYc&feature=related

Love his FH, it will be sad when he retires - so many epic slam level matches.

Clarky21
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E40rfx3rYc&feature=related

Love his FH, it will be sad when he retires - so many epic slam level matches.

No offense,but your sig made me rotflmao. :lol:

SystemicAnomaly
03-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Difference being I'm just as blunt and frank in real life as I am here.

Will you also stop us from calling a member of the board a good poster or a clever one - this is another blunt judgement call. Context is important and if people want to banter about then I will truly oblige. What is all this fish business anyway. Fish are just ignorant as they probably lack the capacity for sentience needed to even not have manners. Like I said earlier, context is important, so then what is the context here? Should we rearrange the quote so it goes more something along the lines of 'Fish are stupid and can't talk back to me. They are incapable of offering anything but at the very worst a weak and accidental rebuttal. I'm taking the fish with me.'

Intriguing stuff, fill me in.

Nothing annoys me more than a person who errs too much on the side of good. The odd bit of semi-malicious banter isn't a crime (especially when you probably have no idea at all about the context of certain posters relationships here). In short, stay the heck out of my business if you wouldn't mind. And be sure to jump on me should I also be too positive about a poster in the name of fairness and equality. Good day to you, sir.

The "fish" quote was merely a movie reference (Jerry McGuire). The salient point, the intended message was really about manners (which I had put in a bold font in that quote).

It is possible to be blunt without being verbally abusive or aggressively confrontational. It is also possible to be "nice" or primarily positive without being patronizing. There is something to be said for tact/diplomacy. I would hope that anyone who decides to become a coach, a teacher or a parent would develop these skills. It goes a long way to developing the self-esteem of a student or offspring. Is also goes a long way in dealing with society in general -- I'd much rather live in a society where hostility was not the norm.

You are correct -- I really have no idea of your history with kiki. I have not seen very many postings by this individual to know if he/she has a habit of trolling. In this case, however, the post that you replied to (where you accused kiki of trolling) did not appear to be troll behavior at all. Your reply came off a little bit as a rant (with that trolling accusation). Your followup post (Your idiocy, of course) came off as touch hostile. As I said, I don't really know if kiki has replied in kind toward you in the past or what your relationship is -- it just "appeared" to be an unprovoked attack.

So, you've asked me to stay out of your business. However, it appears that it is ok for you to dump on another poster. Double standard???

Crazy man
03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
SystemicAnomaly; I only called one poster an idiot. I enjoy reading your posts, I don't wish to argue with you. So I apoligise and let's move on.

tennis_pro
03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Its still Gonzalez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ReQmejWYy4

After watching that match, how can anyone on these forums not agree? I mean come on.

Omg what a fast match!

tennis_pro
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
In women's tennis, Graf is widely regarded as having the best forehand ever.

a decent 5.0 male player has a better forehand than her, besides nobody cares about WTA

SystemicAnomaly
03-07-2012, 04:33 PM
SystemicAnomaly; I only called one poster an idiot. I enjoy reading your posts, I don't wish to argue with you. So I apoligise and let's move on.

I spend a lot more time in the Tips/Instruction and the Health/Fitness forum and don't see as much of it there. I do see some provocative (and sometimes, lame) thread titles in this forum. However, the banter I see here reminds me of the old Rants/Raves forum and makes me cringe.

Ok, hatchet buried, moving on. :)

dannykl
03-08-2012, 12:02 PM
a decent 5.0 male player has a better forehand than her, besides nobody cares about WTA

Graf's forehand is probably more lethal in women's tennis than Lendl or Federe's forehand in men's tennis.

A lot of people care about and look up to WTA legends. Players like Graf has huge influence and enjoy wide popularity and respect globally in tennis world.

kiki
03-08-2012, 03:00 PM
The "fish" quote was merely a movie reference (Jerry McGuire). The salient point, the intended message was really about manners (which I had put in a bold font in that quote).

It is possible to be blunt without being verbally abusive or aggressively confrontational. It is also possible to be "nice" or primarily positive without being patronizing. There is something to be said for tact/diplomacy. I would hope that anyone who decides to become a coach, a teacher or a parent would develop these skills. It goes a long way to developing the self-esteem of a student or offspring. Is also goes a long way in dealing with society in general -- I'd much rather live in a society where hostility was not the norm.

You are correct -- I really have no idea of your history with kiki. I have not seen very many postings by this individual to know if he/she has a habit of trolling. In this case, however, the post that you replied to (where you accused kiki of trolling) did not appear to be troll behavior at all. Your reply came off a little bit as a rant (with that trolling accusation). Your followup post (Your idiocy, of course) came off as touch hostile. As I said, I don't really know if kiki has replied in kind toward you in the past or what your relationship is -- it just "appeared" to be an unprovoked attack.

So, you've asked me to stay out of your business. However, it appears that it is ok for you to dump on another poster. Double standard???

Thanks for your response.It also seems to me the guy took it so personally, that he makes it pay, not just me but you

MonfilsMadness
03-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Federer/Nadal.

Wilander Fan
03-09-2012, 12:16 AM

Why not Wilander?

Colin
03-09-2012, 02:39 AM
In the past 10 years: Federer by far, followed by peak Roddick and Nadal.

Currently: Federer as a finishing shot to unleash winners and Nadal as a rally shot to draw errors. Honorable mention to Del Potro and Tsonga (Djokovic, too, though it's not a standout because he's really solid on everything).

kiki
03-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Why not Wilander?

Good defensively but not an offensive weapon,Shouldnt be in the list.

mattennis
03-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Federer without a doubt. Best forehand (and possibly best single tennis shot) ever for me.

Cheetah
03-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Not trying to stir up arguments but why do people say Delpo?
He makes a lot of errors on his forehand. Yes he hits hard but... delpo? I'd rather have say... ferrer's fh than delpo's. although it would be more fun to hit a delpo fh i ges. one that lands in that is.

celoft
03-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Federer by far.

Netspirit
03-09-2012, 02:53 PM
This is not even close, people. You all know the guy.