PDA

View Full Version : Gamma RXR 98T

crosscourt
03-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Is there any excitement about this stick? I read the original Black Racquet playtest thread and it seemed to get some pretty positive reviews (alongside some that were less enthusiastic). Is anyone playing/playtesting it? A playable, stable, powerful racket that produces a lot of spin should be right up a lot of peoples' street. So what is going on?

cc

HurricaneDominic
03-05-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm waiting for the Tennis Warehouse reviews of all the new Gamma racquets to be uploaded to YouTube.
I like the look of them all, especially the aerodynamic shape and the paint job!
However, I don't know if I'd buy one, especially as no one uses Gamma and I do like the look of the new Babolat Pure Drive's, so if I were to invest in a new racquet, it could be one of them. Plus, I'm not even sure if the Gamma sticks will be available in Europe.

Snaab
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
No G5 grip (five eigths) - sux.

crosscourt
03-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Do we know for sure that TW is going to review them? It would really help if do. At the moment the real issue of interest is the swingweight. Is it really as high as the TW specs suggest?

cc

The Baseline
03-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Ive hit it, its a BEAST. It has better control than the aerodrive. The throat of the racquet is awesome and it is of top quality. I think its the racquet that gets everyone talking this year. It has such a great solid feel. I recommend anyone to try it.

djnemo
03-06-2012, 05:15 PM
The demo I have feels close to gamma's listed swingweight of 328. Swings easy.

crosscourt
03-06-2012, 11:34 PM
So if the swing weight isn't as high as the TW test shows, does that mean the racket is not as powerful as TW suggests? And is this a good thing or a bad thing?

And what about comfort? Is this an arm friendly stick?

CC

scotus
03-06-2012, 11:52 PM
So if the swing weight isn't as high as the TW test shows, does that mean the racket is not as powerful as TW suggests? And is this a good thing or a bad thing?

And what about comfort? Is this an arm friendly stick?

CC

I had some shoulder discomfort with this frame when I playtested the Black Racquet, and I am used to wielding frames that are heavier than this.

crosscourt
03-07-2012, 05:05 AM
Scotus -- was that with a full poly stringbed?

cc

scotus
03-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Scotus -- was that with a full poly stringbed?

cc

No, I had RPM Blast 18 and NVy 16 hybrid.

crosscourt
03-07-2012, 12:18 PM
TW suggests the power is very high. So does The Baseline.

Any views?

CC

scotus
03-07-2012, 12:43 PM
TW suggests the power is very high. So does The Baseline.

Any views?

CC

Yes, lots of power, but controllable.

crosscourt
03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
So, what about feel? Firm or soft, harsh or not, good touch?

Anyone have any views?

CC

nalvarado
03-08-2012, 10:01 AM
It is a firm solid feel. Not too harsh due to the weight (98T) but there is some evident stiffness. I can hit some sick drop volleys and touch shots on a whim.

The Baseline
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
It is a firm solid feel. Not too harsh due to the weight (98T) but there is some evident stiffness. I can hit some sick drop volleys and touch shots on a whim.

its an amazing frame. Just a truly amazing frame.