PDA

View Full Version : Proportional Stringing?

Brocolt
03-05-2012, 09:04 AM
What is your feeling of this method? I am very curious to try is it worth it? Can you really tell a diffrence?

KerryR
03-05-2012, 09:47 AM
See the other current post for some additional info if you didn't already...

I've tried the most common methods: USRSA calculator, the Tennis Rocket calculator, the 'tuning method', and JET (though JET is not strictly proportional, it does contain some ref. tension drops as you string the mains.)

I find low tension poly's work better than syngut (or poly) strung proportionaly, with a similar feel, but with more intuitive control of the stringbed stiffness by the stringer. Strings move less, too.

ATP100
03-05-2012, 11:51 AM
See the other current post for some additional info if you didn't already...

I've tried the most common methods: USRSA calculator, the Tennis Rocket calculator, the 'tuning method', and JET (though JET is not strictly proportional, it does contain some ref. tension drops as you string the mains.)

I find low tension poly's work better than syngut (or poly) strung proportionaly, with a similar feel, but with more intuitive control of the stringbed stiffness by the stringer. Strings move less, too.

In other words, go practice your tennis and don't worry about this stuff so much. Mostly, it is stringers who worry about this stuff, not players.