PDA

View Full Version : blx blade or prestige IG S

xeros
03-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Hello,

I've try a lot of racket to remplace my PSTGT and now i hesitated between two sticks :
- wilson blx blade
- head prestige S(with leather grip)

The only thing, that i'm a little afraid is the stiffness of the blade, i don't know if i could have pain with this, because all the thing i read is the blx blade is an arm killer.
I also love the prestige S but the open string pattern bring me a little more power and less control than the blade.

I'm a 5.5 level player, with a good forehand and serve and a one handed backhand (50%slice, 50% flat)

Which one do you think i must take ?
help me

thanks

Dgdavid
03-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Hello,

I've try a lot of racket to remplace my PSTGT and now i hesitated between two sticks :
- wilson blx blade
- head prestige S(with leather grip)

The only thing, that i'm a little afraid is the stiffness of the blade, i don't know if i could have pain with this, because all the thing i read is the blx blade is an arm killer.
I also love the prestige S but the open string pattern bring me a little more power and less control than the blade.

I'm a 5.5 level player, with a good forehand and serve and a one handed backhand (50%slice, 50% flat)

Which one do you think i must take ?
help me

thanks

If you're 5.5, maybe the IG Prestige Mid would be the one especially with a one handed backhand. The Mid is an absolute weapon for a 5.0 and above.

xeros
03-05-2012, 11:20 AM
i'm 4/6 in france, it play between 5.0 and 5.5 in USA.(if i'm right)
before PSTGT i was playing with Prestige MP, but after 2 or 3 match my arm feel tired and in the third set i feel exhausted, and i've no power.
It's for this reason, i research a lighter racket, if it's the good choice

Dgdavid
03-05-2012, 11:50 AM
i'm 4/6 in france, it play between 5.0 and 5.5 in USA.(if i'm right)
before PSTGT i was playing with Prestige MP, but after 2 or 3 match my arm feel tired and in the third set i feel exhausted, and i've no power.
It's for this reason, i research a lighter racket, if it's the good choice

Well, I own a Prestige S, 2 x Midplus and Mid plus have hit with the Blade BLX 98 (but wasn't for me). I think a few people like me, BC1 and Skeeter etc are all looking for that slightly lighter racket that has the solidity of the Prestige. My current favourite is the Prince Warrior 100 which I tried after Jack's excellent reviews and much to my pleasant surprise, it is very solid. Playing with it again tonight. On paper, I would never have gone near it.

If you are precise with you sweetspot though, the Prestige S would be good for you.

ps. and if you do go the S, I am about to sell my 2 week old one in the Europe trade section in here. Minor scuff on top plastic but that's all.

Fed Kennedy
03-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Have you tried vcore 95. It is a good choice for easy to use.

xeros
03-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I've nether try v95, maybe because i'm not big fan of yonex

etd
03-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I didn't find the BLX Blade an arm killer, but the swingweight was way too high for me.

srvnvly
03-05-2012, 05:37 PM
if you're a 5.5, the swing weight of the BLX BlDE shouldn't be a problem for you, so go with the Blade and leave the Prestige S alone

sargeinaz
03-05-2012, 06:44 PM
I've nether try v95, maybe because i'm not big fan of yonex

Im not really a big yonex fan either, but the V95 is a nice stick and was a pleasant surprise.

Andyroo10567
03-05-2012, 09:40 PM
For me, i would go with Prestige IG S hands down. Great frame to play with IMO.

xeros
03-06-2012, 03:04 PM
i replay with the prestige s and leather grip string with lux alu at 52 lbs and she play great!!