PDA

View Full Version : Walking commercials

radioavenger
03-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi,

for the past months I have been in the market for some quality tennis apparel and accessories. I have bought this in grey & white http://www.e-tennis.gr/nike-trophy-men-s-lined-tennis-shorts.html and this http://www.adidas.com/tennis/uk/products/clothing/#l=/tennis/uk/products/clothing/%3Ff1%3D1%26f2%3D1%26f4%3D8&d=/tennis/uk/products/clothing/product/O04987/ along with a pair of adidas double wide wristbands.
Although I have great respect for players like Federer or Nadal I believe they look a bit ridiculous playing with their sponsored clothes like walking/living commercials especially their silly bandanas with the swoosh/moose/goose or whatever they display on their forehead.
I was wondering if there are any quality clothing with all the features the big manufacturers incorporate but without their trademarks on display and at a better price. Imagine I wear the wristbands with the logo on the inside of the arm. I mean ok Fed or Nadal are paid millions to show it but we don't plus they are already rich, why should I pay them more?
Am I asking for too much?

PhotoBlue
03-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Sorry man. You're not going to find quality stuff that is not name brand. BTW, where is Hellas? Greece?

radioavenger
03-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes, that's the official and proper name, thanks for your answer!

Shaolin
03-06-2012, 11:17 AM
C9 (made by champion) through Target. Good quality athletic stuff, very small logo, cheap.

813wilson
03-06-2012, 11:31 AM
buy them when they go and sale and wear them inside out - that way you hide the swoosh

Chace
03-06-2012, 11:55 AM
C9 (made by champion) through Target. Good quality athletic stuff, very small logo, cheap.

I agree, the C9 stuff is good and you can usually get it for around $10

radioavenger
03-06-2012, 12:31 PM

thanks I will look them up.

jokinla
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Evidently if you wash them enough, the heat transfer logo comes off, so eventually you get what you want.

PhotoBlue
03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Now that I think about it, it might not be too hard to pull off a Nike heat transfer logo... Correct me if I'm wrong.

redbirdone
03-06-2012, 06:01 PM
I agree, the C9 stuff is good and you can usually get it for around $10

I like the C9 shirts...a lot...especially for $10-$12. Not a fan of the shorts, but only for cosmetic reason. I prefer solid color and it seems that most of their shorts have a big fat stripe on the side.

Joehax
03-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Am I asking for too much?

Yes.

The logos on the examples you gave are pretty discrete.

Here is an example of tasteless branding, but you'd never see a pro wear this anyway.
http://www.trainerstation.com/adidas-royal-bluecream-tshirt-p-688.html

radioavenger
03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes.

The logos on the examples you gave are pretty discrete.

Here is an example of tasteless branding, but you'd never see a pro wear this anyway.
http://www.trainerstation.com/adidas-royal-bluecream-tshirt-p-688.html

That's the reason I bought particularly these but I would prefer to not have a brand name on everything I wear. For example I cannot find a hat with absorbing material for the sweat inside without a logo or a logo-less wristband in black, only from tourna but in white!

PhotoBlue
03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
That's the reason I bought particularly these but I would prefer to not have a brand name on everything I wear. For example I cannot find a hat with absorbing material for the sweat inside without a logo or a logo-less wristband in black, only from tourna but in white!

What do you have against logos? Honestly?

T21D
03-07-2012, 07:57 AM

Exactly, just place a piece of tape on the logo and cut out all the tags.

2kJosh
03-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Now that I think about it, it might not be too hard to pull off a Nike heat transfer logo... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not wrong at all. I bought a plain nike poly shirt the logo fell off the first day I wore it. If I cared more about nike I might have been upset.

radioavenger
03-07-2012, 12:19 PM

Nothing as long as they are discreet & the price is not inflated due to a celebrity wearing them.
I like plain coloured quality clothing and was wondering if any exist that's all.

kimguroo
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Nothing as long as they are discreet & the price is not inflated due to a celebrity wearing them.
I like plain coloured quality clothing and was wondering if any exist that's all.

I understand what you try to say here but think this way.
Why do you think price of products are inflated?
1. Nike have many employees to pay.
2. Also need to pay big endorsements which help to boost their sales.
3. Advertisement
Without those endorsement and advertisement, who will buy Nike?

As far as logo goes, every company needs logos in order to recognize their products. No company will make products without logos.

Nowadays, I am processing of making men's tennis apparels, actually I had similar thought like you so I will try to target low priced products but it will be very hard to compete with those big companies which they spend so much $$$ for ad. and endorsements. even though I can make decent products, It's more difficult to success without advertisement and endorsements.

Gonzalito17
03-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I find a thin cotton or thin cotton/polyester t shirt works just as well as drifit. I get my tees in second hand stores for a buck each and they usually look like new. also get my white tennis shorts at Goodwill/Salvation Army for $3-4 each, sometimes they are brand new too.

radioavenger
03-08-2012, 12:11 AM
3. Advertisement

As far as logo goes, every company needs logos in order to recognize their products. No company will make products without logos.

Nowadays, I am processing of making men's tennis apparels, actually I had similar thought like you so I will try to target low priced products but it will be very hard to compete with those big companies which they spend so much $$$ for ad. and endorsements. even though I can make decent products, It's more difficult to success without advertisement and endorsements.

I see what you mean and fully understand the power of advertisement especially sponsoring known athletes it's just that wearing matched clothing looks so silly with all these logos on!
Hey if you do proceed on making your own tennis clothing send me a message, we have an online store here with an actual showroom, too that would be interested in selling them and I can direct you to them.

FootFaultMyeye
03-08-2012, 01:23 PM
3. Advertisement

Yes, I've always felt sympathetic for Nike's financial woes. All those thousands of sweat shop employees to pay. Granted, they aren't paid a living wage, but it still must add up. Then there are the endorsements they have to pay to the likes of Fed & Nadal to wear their logos in front of billions of prospective buyers. To say nothing of the advertisements that they must plaster on every TV, billboard, and web page. All just to break even. Those CEO's really have it tough. I think I'll make a donation to help them out. Where's my checkbook?

radioavenger
03-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Your check better be good or their CEO's children may miss their vacation to St Maurice!