PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Nike tennis apparel in Beijing, China.

Sveinsson
03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm going to China in a few weeks and I will be staying in Beijing for about 6 days.

I know Nike has a store in Beijing but I was wondering if any of you have shopped there.

Is there a good selection of Nike tennis apparel and would I "save" money there or is the price about the same as in the US and the UK.

ps.
If this thread is in the wrong place, moderator please move it.

aerivus
03-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm on and off to Asia quite often (usually South Korea or Japan), and they have numerous Nike stores. However, the price is actually higher that what you would normally pay in the U.S. considering the currency exchange rate at times. In fact, the price is much higher to the point where even in a time when the exchange rate is in our favor (dollar strong, other country's currency weak), it's still our loss.
You would find some clothing that you have never seen before. However, the fit is different as they have what they call "asian fit." Usually, they are a size smaller. On top of that, they tend to be abnormally small on shoulder/chest area (not every product, but in general).
I have never been to China to shop, so I can't comment much about there. But what I'm guessing is, it's probably about the same. I think Nike is the cheapest when you buy it in its home country (the U.S.)

Sveinsson
03-06-2012, 03:29 PM
However, the fit is different as they have what they call "asian fit." Usually, they are a size smaller. On top of that, they tend to be abnormally small on shoulder/chest area (not every product, but in general).

To bad about that for me because I have a big chest, broad shoulders and I'm quite muscular ;)

sonyhenryfed
03-06-2012, 03:51 PM
To bad about that for me because I have a big chest, broad shoulders and I'm quite muscular ;)

Here you can see NFS lists in China.
http://www.nikestore.com.cn/nfs.htm

Actually in Beijing, there are many official factory store, mainly are basketball, SC, soccer apparel, not so many tennis apparel, and for clothing, they are asian size, different in US.

For tag prices, they are more higher than in US, but if you are lucky, you can see some 80% discount off, in China, tennis is not so popular than in US.

abcman
03-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Would you go to Hong Kong?
I live in Hong Kong and the nike tennis stuff are much cheaper here in Hong Kong than in the US.
For example, the Fed polo is in the $60-70 range, and when on sale, you can easily find it in the $30-40 range.
though you may not find some US or EU exclusive items

West Coast Ace
03-06-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm going to China in a few weeks and I will be staying in Beijing for about 6 days.

I know Nike has a store in Beijing but I was wondering if any of you have shopped there.

Is there a good selection of Nike tennis apparel and would I "save" money there or is the price about the same as in the US and the UK.

ps.
If this thread is in the wrong place, moderator please move it.Haven't been to Beijing since '05. But I've been going to Shanghai every Nov/Oct for the Masters Cup/1000 event. Tennis isn't that big yet (as sonyhenryfed said soccer and basketball rule) - not much tennis gear in the city. And the stuff Nike had at the tournament has been outrageously higher - the shirt Rafa wore last fall and sold for $65USD was over 635Rmb (over $100USD).

If you do find anything sizes aren't that bad - you just buy one size larger - my L in the US is XL over there.

praetorean
03-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I live in Hong Kong and the nike tennis stuff are much cheaper here in Hong Kong than in the US.
For example, the Fed polo is in the $60-70 range, and when on sale, you can easily find it in the $30-40 range.

where in Hong Kong?... are you referring to those factory outlet shops near Olympic MTR?

might travel there in the summer...

thanks

Roddick33
03-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Nike is very expensive in China.

You can get counterfeit Nike things for about $0.50 per pair of shoes though.

sonyhenryfed
03-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Nike is very expensive in China.

You can get counterfeit Nike things for about $0.50 per pair of shoes though.

For tag price, prices in China is higher than in USA, but as I know, for new apparel, we can buy from many on-line shop by 40% discount off, even in solid shop you should pay tag price for new.

and normally in factory store, we can always get discount, for example, you can buy vapor 8 with 65USD.

abcman
03-06-2012, 10:24 PM
where in Hong Kong?... are you referring to those factory outlet shops near Olympic MTR?

might travel there in the summer...

thanks

You can find the new Fed/Nadal gear in any big sports stores in Hong Kong.
There is a store called: Giga sports, it has many retail branches throughout many districts in Hong Kong.
Check out their website for the store location:
www.gigasports.com.hk

For nike factory outlet,,AFAIK, there is one in the Outlet Mall at Tung Chung MTR station, but the tennis stuff does not come up quite often, not recommand to go there if you only have limited time.

Good Luck:)

Sveinsson
03-07-2012, 02:48 AM

I won't be going to Hong Kong unfortunatly. Will go to Guangzhou, Xian and Beijing. Hope I find something in Beijing because I have six days there to just chill and shop.

Sveinsson
03-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Double post