PDA

View Full Version : Head Youtek Radical Pro

rb__11
03-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I have one Head Youtek Radical Pro, and, from what i've been seeing, it has a gigantic swingweight.
do you think this is a big deal and that i should change racquets?
If so, which one would you recommend for a 4.0 player that likes to attack from the baseline and needs a mix of power and control?

cork_screw
03-06-2012, 01:39 PM
It has the same swing weight as the BLX Blade 98, I think people make too big of a deal with swing weights. When I think of an uncomfortable swing weight I think of the old timer racquets like the POG where that was like a shovel to swing. The racquets out today are so light that even a weighted swing weight are still pretty manageable. I just bought the Radical Pro IG and it's honestly fine. I don't notice anything that would seem like a burden.

rb__11
03-07-2012, 12:27 AM
nop. the radical pro has a sw of 345

Ross K
03-07-2012, 02:50 AM
I have one Head Youtek Radical Pro, and, from what i've been seeing, it has a gigantic swingweight.
do you think this is a big deal and that i should change racquets?
If so, which one would you recommend for a 4.0 player that likes to attack from the baseline and needs a mix of power and control?

Well, I personally could never quite get on with its balance and weighting, and it hurt my wrist enough to put me off it. Just 2 off the top of my head, the TF320 and the Exo 100... worth considering maybe?

rb__11
03-07-2012, 03:36 AM
Well, I personally could never quite get on with its balance and weighting, and it hurt my wrist enough to put me off it. Just 2 off the top of my head, the TF320 and the Exo 100... worth considering maybe?

i think that maybe the headsize is too small. i'm used to 98-100 inch racquets. what do you say about:
- Babolat Pure Drive Roddick
- Head Youtek IG Radical Pro
- Head Ti. Radical MP (i know it's old!)

rb__11
03-13-2012, 02:37 AM
can i get someone to answer?

Supermange
03-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi

I'm also somewhere around 4.0 (I like to think).
I'd suggest a wilson 6.1 blx 18x20 if you wan't to improve your game.
The good thing about that racquet is that you can't be lazy, you'll loose very quickly. Swingweight is around 337. The new version 333.

The bottom line is if you wan't to improve pick a racquet that demands and will reward good strokes. Either 6.1 95 or prestige ig mp.
Other racquet could be Dunlop bio 200 or prince rebel 95.
It will be a shock the first hour or so until you get into the groove. (it was for me).
And another thing try these racquets out and demo them the forum canšt do it for you.
The ones I just mentioned are a bit or a lot control oriented.
If you wan't more power pick a pd Roddick or Dunlop bio 400 with some lead. Sorry if I seem arrogant it's just you can waste a lot of time thinking there is such a thing as a whole grail when it comes to racquets but every big brand has at least 1 great racquet.

Good luck.

Fed Kennedy
03-14-2012, 12:40 PM
This is a goatish rac. There are some qc problems. The balance sw combo is not for everyone, but its a great frame in my book.

rb__11
03-31-2012, 11:14 AM
how would you transform the racquet making it more "normal"? xDDD

Xonemains
03-31-2012, 04:18 PM
how would you transform the racquet making it more "normal"? xDDD

Firstly, if you add more weight in the handle like silicon, lead or leather grip to get it more headlight, it might feel more headlight, but the swingweight will actually increase! In your case bad ideal.

This yt rad pro, the power and plow is awesome from the baseline when you do connect wit the ball. But cause the sw is so high, it's hard to move around especially when moving forward towards the net.

If you can read your opponent's body language and know roughly where he's going to hit, and set up super early, then maybe keep this frame, otherwise try the ig rad pro or rebel 98, it has a lower sw.

I used my mates yt rad pro for about 10 mins, man! When you hit a good clean ball, it's the BOMB!

But how often do you get a slow ball coming towards you? Not many.

rb__11
04-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Hi

The good thing about that racquet is that you can't be lazy, you'll loose very quickly. Swingweight is around 337. The new version 333.

The bottom line is if you wan't to improve pick a racquet that demands and will reward good strokes. Either 6.1 95 or prestige ig mp.
It will be a shock the first hour or so until you get into the groove. (it was for me).
And another thing try these racquets out and demo them the forum canšt do it for you.
If you wan't more power pick a pd Roddick or Dunlop bio 400 with some lead. Sorry if I seem arrogant it's just you can waste a lot of time thinking there is such a thing as a whole grail when it comes to racquets but every big brand has at least 1 great racquet.

Good luck.

thanks. that's actually very usefull !

rb__11
04-01-2012, 05:14 AM
Hi

Good luck.

just one more thing... you mean the 6.1 18x20 team or the blade 98?

rb__11
04-01-2012, 05:27 AM
just one more thing... you mean the 6.1 18x20 team or the blade 98?

forget it. i understood badly xD