PDA

View Full Version : TW: leadtape

mik
02-24-2004, 05:17 PM
So, now ive heard so much good about this leadtape thing, that i want to try it too. i looked at the Babolat ones, and it says
"6 x 3-inch marked sections". and im just wondering, does that mean that there is six individual strips on 3 inches. Or is it just one long reel on 18 inches where there is a line or something for every 3th inch. if thats the case, what would you use to cut out the strips?

i really dont know that much about putting them on, i know where to put them on to give what effect, but the sticking on process im not sure on, so any advice in that ally would be greatly thanked too,

Mik

mik
02-25-2004, 07:14 PM
nobody wants to help me?!

Anonymous
02-25-2004, 08:36 PM
You will need scissors, or preferably, a cutting knife and board. Also, you might use a ruler so you can cut the length exactly in half. Or, you could use a single-hole-puncher and punch holes in the tape where the grommets are. Babolat lead tape has dots at three-inch intervals. It is a little over 18 inches to the package. I wish they would roll it instead of folding; it is thick and gets creases and harder to apply that way. Just peel off the paper and lay it on. Don't worry about it, there's no surprises there that will make you regret buying lead tape.

mik
02-26-2004, 02:59 PM
so, now i bought 2 packets of the babolat ones for my pure drive +'s. where would you suggest to place them?

Thanks

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 08:34 AM
Put it where you hit the ball.

TW Staff
02-28-2004, 09:48 PM
mik
If you cut the tape from end to end, you can place a piece on either side of the grommets. To find out the best place for the tape you can do as Prestige Classic suggests and place it where you hit the ball. Either use black string, or color your strings with a permanent marker. Go hit for a couple of sessions. This will help you see the wear pattern much easier. Once you see where the black is wearing off, you'll know if you hit high in the hoop, down low or ? If you like the balance of your racquets right now and are just looking for more stability/pop, match the weight you add to the head with weight under the handle. I suggest heading to our learning center (link at top right of page) and reading the section on racquet customization. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Chris, TW.

bsandy
04-01-2004, 11:10 AM
I use gamma's lead tape. I cut it into 8 equal pieces. I put 6 under the grip of my Triad Hammer 6.0's and 1 at 3 o'clock and 1 at 9 o'clock on the frame. This REALLY helped my net game !!!