PDA

View Full Version : Wise 2086 with diablo retrofitted

cedric
03-07-2012, 04:34 AM
hey all, I'm a newbie here and looking for instructions to have the diablo retrofitted onto my Wise 2086. Did a search but nothing came up.
I haven't bought the actual "diablo" unit but is there any drilling or cutting involve in having this thing fitted?

Irvin
03-07-2012, 07:12 AM
It bolts on in the existing holes.

cedric
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
thanks Irvin

LttlElvis
03-07-2012, 05:49 PM
I bought this diablo for my Wise before they were included with the units.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=234403

cedric
03-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks Elvis....great help
Definitely going for that setup.

Centryx
03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
do you need to use the diablo on your wise? I guess I am not quite sure why it was included irvin or drak can you chime in??

thanks in advance

cedric
03-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Centryx, i'm pretty much a newbie when comes to stringing but from what i read when you use gut the gripper tends to chew your string. For that reason the diablo to a certain extent reduces that from happening. My unit havent been exposed to much use ans so far it's been ok with gut but just to be on the safe side, i thought of getting a diablo for the long run.

LttlElvis' setup looks pretty sweet but it's pretty hard to get a hold of one cause i'm in Australia. sighhhh

LttlElvis
03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Cedric,

Didn't realize you were in Australia, so ordering a diablo from the US can be pretty expensive. You can go to the hardware store and just make one pretty simply. Just a piece of flat metal. Get a cabinet door pull. Get some screws. Drill some holes in the metal. Probably less than $5 of material.

The metal is about 30mm x 90mm. You can measure where to drill the holes from the screw placements on your Wise. The cabinet door pull doesn't need to rotate. Probably best that it is fixed. You just want to find one with a fairly large diameter. Mine is about 25 mm diameter. You just want to find a pull that is really smooth and thick.

The only reason I didn't make it on my own is it wasn't worth my time. Too busy. You just have to figure what cost justifies making one or buying one.

cedric
03-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Elvis thanks heaps for the measurements, now I can make myself one. As for the pull ill prob look into skateboard or rollerblade parts.