PDA

View Full Version : Asics GR3 vs GR4?

archman
03-07-2012, 04:47 AM
Are the 4's really worth an extra $35???

Power Player
03-07-2012, 05:37 AM
Doubtful, but if you can find GR3s in a normal size please let us know ;)

waginen
03-07-2012, 06:32 AM
They are for sure! As I have already posted GR3 have big durability issue with mesh material at the front of the shoe(toebox). It is solved with GR4.
Most GR3's will have hole between the mesh and plastic part in couple of moths.
It is very common and well known problem. I was told directly at local Asics importer. I have experienced this with 3 pairs...the same have experienced other friends of mine.

HenryS12
03-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Asics screwed up big time with the GR4. It no longer possess the lateral stability of the GR3. Frankly, if people hated the stiffness and break-in time of the GR3, leave the shoes in the trunk of your car on a hot day and it'll soften up. But the GR4 is just a bit too soft, even less stable than GR1 and GR2 if that's even possible. This is what happens when you try to fix something that's not broke!

Also, colorways offered in Europe such as the blue and red on TWE websites should be made available for US customers. It's time Asics wake up and offer some sane and normal colorways for once. The Navy/White version looks more like purple puke with too much white-out.

tiebraek
03-08-2012, 06:53 AM
I love the gs3..no stiffness or break in time.. but durability is horrible. I got holes in them in less than 3 months.I'm getting a replacement and it would be the gs4. I like the new green color offering!I'll update my post after I get them.

archman
03-09-2012, 03:37 AM
I have tried on both very briefly. The GR4 seemed to be much more comfortable right out of the box. It may be my imagination but they seem lower to the ground.

mcenroefan
03-28-2012, 08:23 PM
GR2>GR3>GR4

I notice that the toungue of the shoe has gotten progressively shorter which really bugs me...among other things.